PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Amendment crushes gun control candidates in mid-terms

lunchbox
11-05-14, 16:55
This article put a big smile on my face:D

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/11/04/Second-Amendment-Crushes-Gun-Control-Candidates-In-Midterm-Elections

a1fabweld
11-05-14, 17:05
Congrats to all of them & their victories. OTOH, Washington isn't looking so good on this front.

"Everytown for Gun Safety is gathering signatures for a similar initiative in Nevada, and future campaigns are being planned for Arizona and Maine, according to Feinblatt."

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2024953470_elexbackgroundchecksxml.html

SilverBullet432
11-05-14, 17:35
:dance3:

Phillygunguy
11-05-14, 21:46
PA lost big time

BoringGuy45
11-05-14, 22:01
PA lost big time

Yeah, but we still have the House and Senate. Wolf won't do shit. If Fast Eddie couldn't do it, Wolf won't do any better.

Phillygunguy
11-05-14, 22:04
Yeah, but we still have the House and Senate. Wolf won't do shit. If Fast Eddie couldn't do it, Wolf won't do any better.
I hope to God your right. As long as they don't cave to cease fire dipshits. Still gotta be on top of them make sure they remember we voted for them

BoringGuy45
11-05-14, 22:33
I hope to God your right. As long as they don't cave to cease fire dipshits. Still gotta be on top of them make sure they remember we voted for them

Gun control has proven to be a losing battle, and in a swing state like this one, actually pushing for further bans is a surefire way to lose your job unless you represent a district in Philly or Pittsburgh. PAFOA is much larger, more active, and louder than Ceasefire PA, and furthermore, nationally support for gun control is dropping steadily.

Phillygunguy
11-05-14, 22:37
Gun control has proven to be a losing battle, and in a swing state like this one, actually pushing for further bans is a surefire way to lose your job unless you represent a district in Philly or Pittsburgh. PAFOA is much larger, more active, and louder than Ceasefire PA, and furthermore, nationally support for gun control is dropping steadily.
That's not going to stop Bloomberg from sticking his nose in our business Plus I'd have more confidence if Cuomo , Malloy and Hickenlooper lost I think it would send a stronger message. You mentioned representing Philly and Pittsburgh that is all Wolf needs and BTW PAFOA is very concerned

MorphCross
11-05-14, 23:17
Yeah, Breitbart needs to untoot that horn. This election cycle was generally a referendum on Democrats vs. Republicans. I know in my own county that people went straight ticket Republican where there was at least one Incumbent Democrat well worth voting for vs her Republican challenger.

BoringGuy45
11-05-14, 23:35
That's not going to stop Bloomberg from sticking his nose in our business Plus I'd have more confidence if Cuomo , Malloy and Hickenlooper lost I think it would send a stronger message. You mentioned representing Philly and Pittsburgh that is all Wolf needs and BTW PAFOA is very concerned

PAFOA is always very concerned. A little too concerned some times. You always need people on their toes, but it's extremely rare to hear ANY positive news from PAFOA. They do a lot of good, no doubt, but they are a bunch of Debbie Downers. If an anti-gun guy gets elected, they're convinced we're screwed. If a pro-gun guy gets elected, they're convinced he'll turn on us and thus, we're screwed. I'm pretty sure that unless Tom Selleck is elected governor and Ted Nugent is Lieutenant Governor, they'd remain convinced that the sky is falling.

Wolf didn't win because of Philly and Pittsburgh; he won because Corbett screwed up in so many other areas that even many moderate and conservative voters turned against him. If Philly and Pittsburgh were as all powerful in controlling the state as you're worried about, Corbett would never had gotten elected in the 1st place. We're still a swing state, and a pro-gun one at that. NOBODY listens to Bloomberg and his ilk. His gun control groups are a non-factor. People just didn't like Corbett. The PA GOP did well in state and national legislative elections, so I don't think this is a major sign of trouble ahead.

For the record, Cuomo won because of NYC and no other reason. Malloy won because the election in CT was basically rigged. For the second time in as many elections, the most heavily Democratic areas of CT either "ran out of ballots" or had to had to keep the polls open late so people who had been "improperly" disenfranchised got a chance to vote (2, 3, 4, 5 times). The corruption in CT is at a point where they almost do it openly. In CO, outside of the Denver and Colorado Springs metro areas, there's basically nothing, unlike PA, where there's some counties with significant population that still lean right.

But while we lament reelection of anti-gun Dems in states where it was already a foregone conclusion, don't forget about Republicans getting elected to the governor's office in MD, MA, and IL of all places!

I'm convinced that we have almost nothing to worry about. There's just too many pro-gun people here, even among Democrats, and the GOP is not going to turn on its base and go for gun control; not in this environment. Wolf isn't going to be able to pass gun control through the PA legislature anymore than Obama is going to push it through Congress. He'll toe the line with the "I am the world's biggest 2nd Amendment supporter, but I think we need an assault weapons ban..." bullshit, but this state is not going to buy it.

jpmuscle
11-05-14, 23:35
Fvck that ****bag Cuomo. If more than 30% of NY state's electorate had actually got off their ass and voted Astorino could have won.

Phillygunguy
11-05-14, 23:43
PAFOA is always very concerned. A little too concerned some times. You always need people on their toes, but it's extremely rare to hear ANY positive news from PAFOA. They do a lot of good, no doubt, but they are a bunch of Debbie Downers. If an anti-gun guy gets elected, they're convinced we're screwed. If a pro-gun guy gets elected, they're convinced he'll turn on us and thus, we're screwed. I'm pretty sure that unless Tom Selleck is elected governor and Ted Nugent is Lieutenant Governor, they'd remain convinced that the sky is falling.

Wolf didn't win because of Philly and Pittsburgh; he won because Corbett screwed up in so many other areas that even many moderate and conservative voters turned against him. If Philly and Pittsburgh were as all powerful in controlling the state as you're worried about, Corbett would never had gotten elected in the 1st place. We're still a swing state, and a pro-gun one at that. NOBODY listens to Bloomberg and his ilk. His gun control groups are a non-factor. People just didn't like Corbett. The PA GOP did well in state and national legislative elections, so I don't think this is a major sign of trouble ahead.

For the record, Cuomo won because of NYC and no other reason. Malloy won because the election in CT was basically rigged. For the second time in as many elections, the most heavily Democratic areas of CT either "ran out of ballots" or had to had to keep the polls open late so people who had been "improperly" disenfranchised got a chance to vote (2, 3, 4, 5 times). The corruption in CT is at a point where they almost do it openly. In CO, outside of the Denver and Colorado Springs metro areas, there's basically nothing, unlike PA, where there's some counties with significant population that still lean right.

But while we lament reelection of anti-gun Dems in states where it was already a foregone conclusion, don't forget about Republicans getting elected to the governor's office in MD, MA, and IL of all places!

I'm convinced that we have almost nothing to worry about. There's just too many pro-gun people here, even among Democrats, and the GOP is not going to turn on its base and go for gun control; not in this environment. Wolf isn't going to be able to pass gun control through the PA legislature anymore than Obama is going to push it through Congress. He'll toe the line with the "I am the world's biggest 2nd Amendment supporter, but I think we need an assault weapons ban..." bullshit, but this state is not going to buy it.
Again I hope you're right, the day of the election after I voted, later that night I was in the hospital with really high blood pressure.it's been that hard on me . Btw I'm a PAFAO member too I think some times I have to stay off that site

Phillygunguy
11-06-14, 00:01
Fvck that ****bag Cuomo. If more than 30% of NY state's electorate had actually got off their ass and voted Astorino could have won.
Yeah that's the problem with complacent dumbasses

BoringGuy45
11-06-14, 00:05
Again I hope you're right, the day of the election after I voted, later that night I was in the hospital with really high blood pressure.it's been that hard on me . Btw I'm a PAFAO member too I think some times I have to stay off that site

I'm a member too, and I'm glad they're (we're) always prepared for war. I just think they need to chill with the negativity, though. There's never any sense of optimism or a feeling that they're capable of actually doing anything. If they want to rally people to our side, they need to actually have a rallying cry and quit bitching and moaning.

Phillygunguy
11-06-14, 00:08
I'm a member too, and I'm glad they're (we're) always prepared for war. I just think they need to chill with the negativity, though. There's never any sense of optimism or a feeling that they're capable of actually doing anything. If they want to rally people to our side, they need to actually have a rallying cry and quit bitching and moaning.
Yeah true. When HB 80 passed and signed into law there was still some who complained

SteyrAUG
11-06-14, 01:07
Gun control has proven to be a losing battle

Never seems to stop them from trying and they seem to have short memories.

Iraqgunz
11-06-14, 02:32
They can try that shit in AZ and I can almost guarantee it won't fly here. We just elected another Republican governor and both houses are in Republican hands. Arizonans don't like people messing with their guns.

Mauser KAR98K
11-06-14, 07:36
I disagree. We still lost as CO still has Bloomburg ' s bitch as Gov.

BoringGuy45
11-06-14, 08:55
Never seems to stop them from trying and they seem to have short memories.

Only in districts that would vote Democrat even if Hitler was running on the ticket.

In most other places, gun banning is to the left what abortion banning is to the right: A position that they're going to loudly champion in order to cater to their base, but also a position that they know they can't win.

Ick
11-06-14, 09:02
PA lost big time

You can thank the union mentality for that.

Jer
11-06-14, 11:17
As long as Hickenlooper & Cuomo are still in office nobody wins.

NWPilgrim
11-06-14, 11:25
They can try that shit in AZ and I can almost guarantee it won't fly here. We just elected another Republican governor and both houses are in Republican hands. Arizonans don't like people messing with their guns.

Except for dumbasses like McCain who travel around the country spouting loophole crap in other states like Oregon. How AZ keeps electing that retard is a puzzle.

Phillygunguy
11-06-14, 12:07
You can thank the union mentality for that.
Yeah especially the ****ing teachers union. "it's all for the chirens " same lame ass scare tactics and Mr and Mrs John Q Dumb ass always buy it