PDA

View Full Version : ? on USM4 lower

platoonDaddy
11-07-14, 10:36
Gun show this weekend one of the dealers is advertising complete USM4 lower for $289.95 cash|check out the door.

Did a search and zero hits on anyone talking about USM4 lowers.

Any thoughts on this lower?

GH41
11-07-14, 17:21
Hold on tight.. You are fixing to go for a ride. At 2000+ post you should know better. For $100 more you can have a proven mil-spec lower with $75 more stock and grip.

platoonDaddy
11-07-14, 19:28
Hold on tight.. You are fixing to go for a ride. At 2000+ post you should know better. For $100 more you can have a proven mil-spec lower with $75 more stock and grip.

Yes, and $150 more I can purchase (which I recently did) a complete Colt M4 Carbine Lower from local dealer. Was just curious about the USM4, since it is being advertised as mil spec complete lower with certificate & H2 buffer.

LewP
11-07-14, 19:28
As GH41 suggested, a complete BCM lower with the new BCM stock is a far better value: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=LWR-BCM

If you want to upgrade the trigger or other stuff Grant will take care of you.

Iraqgunz
11-07-14, 20:22
They are local here (As I recall) and their stuff is trash. I know of at least 2 people who had out of spec lowers, and their complete rifles wouldn't run at all. Caveat Emptor.

RazorBurn
11-07-14, 21:56
I currently own an OD green one with a Palmetto State Armory premium upper on it, and I really like mine. It's actually my favorite AR of the four I own. I also used a Bronze USM4 lower for my stepfathers AR I put together for him, and I used another NP3 USM4 lower on an AR I put together and sold during the panic. Fit and finish on all three that I have fondled were perfect, and everything was in spec. I put a Geissele SSA in my USM4 lower, and a Timney trigger in my stepfathers lower. Neither lower had any issues when installing those in them either.

US Autoweapons in Arizona is who I bought mine from, and they also had great communication with me and super fast shipping. I live in West Virginia, and they were shipped to my local FFL by Fed Ex second day air. When I bought mine almost two years ago (during the panic) they were a great company to deal with, and they weren't priced at the gouging prices either. All three of those had mil-spec diameter receiver extensions.

For the right price I would certainly own another. I would not buy one of their uppers or complete rifles as they don't list enough detailed specs, and they are overpriced IMHO especially considering the other options out there. As far as a USM4 lower is concerned I do like theirs. My other AR's are a BCM upper on a Noveske lower, BCM upper on a Spikes lower, and a Colt LE6920 if that tells you anything.

1911-A1
11-08-14, 10:00
Yes, and $150 more I can purchase (which I recently did) a complete Colt M4 Carbine Lower from local dealer. Was just curious about the USM4, since it is being advertised as mil spec complete lower with certificate & H2 buffer.

Certificate for what?

platoonDaddy
11-08-14, 16:58
Certificate for what?

LOL, that was my question also. Certificate it is mil-spec, at least that is their advertisement.

Went to the show today; it has a Magpul stock & pistol grip, not sure of whose trigger. It felt and looked like quality workmanship, BUT I didn't purchase. Just not enough info on their product, actually "RazorBurn" is the first positive review of the lower on a forum that I trust.

M&P15T
11-10-14, 12:58
A "gun show" is just about the last place I would buy anything. Maybe a large, cheese-covered pretzel, but nothing more. They're full of shysters, hucksters, players, liars, and people looking to make a buck off of other people's ignorance.

There are so many quality, known products, why mess with something no one has ever heard of?