PDA

View Full Version : If you like your daughter, you can keep your daughter

Eurodriver
11-08-14, 06:57
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/11/08/dad-confronts-kidnapper-saves-5-year-old-daughter/

The intruder was in the family's basement searching through things when he came upon the girl sleeping in her bedroom, Carriger said. The suspect took her out of bed and carried her upstairs, making noises that woke the parents.

The girl's father went to the door and saw the man carrying his daughter in the front lawn. He ran outside and confronted the man, asking him what he was doing and demanding that he give back his little girl.

The suspect handed her over to her father without confrontation, Carriger said.

Obviously the situation dictates, no one wants their daughter re-living a memory of you blowing a kidnappers head off, however even if I caught a man carrying my television out of my house I can't imagine I would be that civil?

Shao
11-08-14, 07:20
If I woke up to that:

A. I would already have either my 1911 or 870 with me by the time I got to the lawn.
B. I would have demanded that he release my daughter immediately because picking brain matter out of grass is time consuming and just gross.
C. After my daughter was safely out of the way I would have shot the guy in the balls.
D. I would then laugh maniacally, call 911, put my weapon on the ground, and then watch as ball-less wonder squiggled on the grass moaning in pain.

HD1911
11-08-14, 11:33
Not Armed, Doors Unlocked... asking the Pedophile what he was doing with his Daughter... they're making this guy sound like a Hero. What a suck ass Father. This could've ended waay differently. Father and little girl are lucky.

How some Men don't feel it is their Duty to protect their Family at all costs is beyond me. Being armed is just one necessary component.

Just my .02, like it or not.

SeriousStudent
11-08-14, 13:03
I read about this last night. A couple of things struck me.

If the bad guy had possessed a weapon, that could have ended much differently. And that's not taking into account what a barely-trained person can do with their hands to a child's neck or skull, faster than you can read this.

The other thing is that the bad guy went onto another house and tried another entry. He was apprehended by police while doing so.

If he had successfully abducted another child, I wonder how the father in the first home would have felt about that......

SteyrAUG
11-08-14, 14:56
Suddenly 35 years of diligent training with a katana would all become relevant and immediately useful.

SeriousStudent
11-08-14, 15:20
Suddenly 35 years of diligent training with a katana would all become relevant and immediately useful.

And even more impressive when performing it from the draw stroke.

One fluid motion - flow like water.

Pork Chop
11-08-14, 16:01
Not Armed, Doors Unlocked... asking the Pedophile what he was doing with his Daughter... they're making this guy sound like a Hero. What a suck ass Father. This could've ended waay differently. Father and little girl are lucky.

How some Men don't feel it is their Duty to protect their Family at all costs is beyond me. Being armed is just one necessary component.

Just my .02, like it or not.

My first thoughts, exactly.

SteyrAUG
11-08-14, 16:22
And even more impressive when performing it from the draw stroke.

One fluid motion - flow like water.

Rest assured we would be "batto shita" before we went investigating. So many counter direction cuts that I'd love to try to see if they actually work.

Moose-Knuckle
11-08-14, 16:47

Hammer meet nail and all that.

Glad it ended well for this family but for ****'s sake the sheep have been conditioned.

Belmont31R
11-09-14, 03:30
One situation set of hard sleeping set of neighbors and a back 40 would be very useful.