PDA

View Full Version : Pope Troubles

Sensei
11-08-14, 20:49
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_REL_CATHOLIC_BISHOPS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-11-08-12-50-58

Last year, I was among those concerned about this Pope's apparent lack of economic understanding. Now, it seems that US Bishops have reservations about his teachings on social issues and lack of leadership ability. I'm not Catholic, but I feel some attachment to The Church since I was educated in a parochial school. My gut tells me that this Pope and our current Pesident will have similar legacies :(.

Moose-Knuckle
11-08-14, 20:57
And here I thought this was going to be about his comments on magic wands and evolution last month.

ABNAK
11-08-14, 22:44
The college of cardinals thought he'd be thinking outside the box, a real trailblazer for the church. Boy did they get their wish (and then some!).

Belloc
11-09-14, 08:26
I had a coffee with Cardinal Burke this week, who was Prefect of the Apostolic Signatura until yesterday (basically the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the Catholic Church), and we discussed this. I had such high hopes early on in the pontificate of Pope Francis, but he seems to be sowing little but seeds of division and acrimony.

Eurodriver
11-09-14, 13:00
Anyone with even an elementary understanding of South American politics should have expected this.

Sensei
11-09-14, 14:33
Fancis and Obama were cut from very similar cloths...hope and change. If the choice of Pontiff is the Divine Will of God, then God has a very interesting sense of humor.

ABNAK
11-09-14, 19:27
Fancis and Obama were cut from very similar cloths...hope and change. If the choice of Pontiff is the Divine Will of God, then God has a very interesting sense of humor.

The Church is fallible because it is created by and staffed by humans, with all their faults (i.e. shit happens).

I too was raised Catholic and went to Catholic schools for ~ 8 of my 12 years of primary schooling, although not consecutive. Now it's just weddings and funerals.......