PDA

View Full Version : More on WMD's in Iraq

Averageman
11-12-14, 06:41
John Ismay was in the business of tracking explosives and bombs in surge-era Iraq. His first week there introduced him to an open secret: Coalition forces routinely found chemical weapons, and within a month, a soldier in his unit suffered a mustard blister on his leg the size of his hand.

More here

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2014/11/veterans-iraq-war-untold-story/382558/

I spoke with a friend that served on a Fox NBCRV, apparently he claims to have sent up a half dozen reports during the Gulf War of "Hot" readings for chem and nerve agents.

J-Dub
11-12-14, 07:25
That's great and all, however there is no possible way anyone could argue that the region is currently in better shape. We did as we always do.

Lets see here.....Hussein? Or ISIS? Hmmmm well I'd probably pick the one who wasn't a militant Islamic faction hell bent on killing anyone that does not pray to Allah five times a day. I'd probably pick the one that knew how to handle the savages he ruled over, enough so to keep them in line, but allow a few luxuries....you know like women going to school and not wearing burkas.

But hey, WMD'S man!!!!! It really shouldn't take like 17yrs to justify a war.

(Not to mention that any country with half a brain would have "wmd's"...especially when your neighbors are Iran and Israel. Oh and for sure don't mention the fact that we more than likely sold "wmd's" to Iraq back during the Iraq v. Iran war....but hey, dat don't matta!!!!)

skijunkie55
11-12-14, 07:45
That's great and all, however there is no possible way anyone could argue that the region is currently in better shape.

I'd say it's in better shape. I heard there is now one of these on every street corner in Mosul, Kirkuk, Fallujah, etc...
http://i40.tinypic.com/9i9pxz.png

It must be some damn good eating if they're screaming about it all the time.

markm
11-12-14, 08:38
That's great and all, however there is no possible way anyone could argue that the region is currently in better shape. We did as we always do.

Well... in fairness... hindsight 20/20 and all... had Bush/We known that some Muslim asswipe would be the President and take every possible action against the US's best interest in foreign policy... I'm sure the Iraq invasion may never have happened.

But who the hell would have guessed that we would EVER have such an incompetent President? It exceeds all reasonable expectations.

J-Dub
11-12-14, 08:45
Well... in fairness... hindsight 20/20 and all... had Bush/We known that some Muslim asswipe would be the President and take every possible action against the US's best interest in foreign policy... I'm sure the Iraq invasion may never have happened.

But who the hell would have guessed that we would EVER have such an incompetent President? It exceeds all reasonable expectations.

Touche.

However I have a hard time believing those folks can handle anything but a harsh dictatorship. Seems like they just go apeshit crazy without someone ruling with an iron fist.

montanadave
11-12-14, 09:19

So just to clarify, is this referencing Bush or Obama? Cuz' from where I sit, it's pretty much a toss-up.

brickboy240
11-12-14, 10:39
This still does not make it worth the lives and money spent on that region.

No way...no how.

montanadave
11-12-14, 11:18
This still does not make it worth the lives and money spent on that region.

No way...no how.

Totally agree.