PDA

View Full Version : Magpul SL stock / AAC upper / BCM Gunfighter Mod 5 clearance issue

Shao
11-12-14, 13:27
Well, I pieced together a lower for my AAC 5.56 upper that I got for a steal at Midway and noticed right off the bat during inspection that the charging handle was causing friction and actually visibly dragging on the MOE SL stock that I installed. It's left a noticeable wear mark but it doesn't bother me anymore now that the excess material from the stock has been worn off. I was just wondering if anyone has had any similar issues using the same or similar stock/upper/charging handle configuration.

I'm using a BCM RE, Magpul MOE SL stock, BCM Gunfighter Mod 5, and AAC 5.56 upper receiver.

Anyone?

EDIT: Nix on the pics for now, my camera isn't agreeing with me at the moment.

ibmikey
11-14-14, 06:33
As long as everything is running properly I do not understand your concern, " pieced together" sometimes requires a file in a spot or two.

Shao
11-14-14, 06:46
As long as everything is running properly I do not understand your concern, " pieced together" sometimes requires a file in a spot or two.

I realize that, but I don't think anyone wants to file their stock or charging handle. Anyway, it's left a nice even smooth rub spot on the stock that doesn't bother me. I've just always heard of charging handle clearance issues but never experienced any myself and thought that they were mostly isolated to off-brand or out of spec parts. I've used so many Magpul stocks together with Gunfighter charging handles that I just didn't expect that to happen. Tolerance stacking is a mofo.