PDA

View Full Version : WWII exploding ammo video with great slow motion!

mastiffhound
11-12-14, 17:36
I saw this on another site: https://www.full30.com/video/82efb579fd3c93d177205966ef3d3c9d

INRANGE TV is testing out German and Russian exploding ammo in the video. They give a little history of the use between Russian and German snipers and then move on to testing. Their first result with "ballistic soap" (what the hell that is I don't know?) that's 2" thick is kind of disappointing. When they switch to 4" blocks though, damn. The wounds are horrific, the explosion destroys the cinder block underneath.

At 8:04 they show the results of the Russian ammo on a 2" block and actually get a better result than what the normal ball ammo did. After that it just gets better as they switch to the 4" and stack up 3 2" blocks. At 15:22 you see a butterfly in slow mo flying past, hell even that was cool.

MegademiC
11-12-14, 22:28
haha, cool vid. thanks for sharing.. Imagine what we could do with modern tech!

Pilot1
11-12-14, 23:05
Interesting. I saw these on another forum also, and wondered what this collectable ammo costs per round.

Sticks
11-15-14, 10:42
Interesting. I saw these on another forum also, and wondered what this collectable ammo costs per round.

If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

That (video) was spooky to say the least. I'm sure that there were lots of other little things being used that we have yet to find out about.

Aries144
11-15-14, 19:05
ghjkl