PDA

View Full Version : New BCM KAG foregrip gonna be okay for a pistol?

ABNAK
11-13-14, 21:46
This one:

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCMGUNFIGHTER-KAG-1913-Picatinny-Rail-Version-p/bcm-kag-1913-blk.htm

Not talking about an over 26" one. Regular AR pistol. Are we gonna have to wait until someone writes ATF to get their blessing?

?????????????????????????

Eurodriver
11-13-14, 22:12
They allowed the AFG. Logic says they'd allow this.

However logic also says you don't sent a house full of kids on fire, shoot unarmed women holding babies in the face, or reject Form 1s with the correct serial number even after shown pictures of the same.

domestique
11-15-14, 23:49
This looks like a knockoff of Lanco Tactical's gripstop (IMHO).

The last I talked to Lanco they were still waiting on an ATF ruling (8+ months now) to determine if it is legal for pistol builds (under 26" OAL).

DWood
11-16-14, 11:40
The topic is the BCM "hand stop" on a pistol.

Unfortunately, ATF interpretations often seem to defy logic, or at the least are incosistent. I don't consider the ATF to agree that the BCM is legal on a pistol until I see it in writing specific to this item. I am not saying it is illegal, just that they could say this is long enough to be a vertical grip.

As to the partial letter above, it is useless without all the specific info. I know of a company that asked for a ruling on a SB 15 for a magazine fed shotgun with a short barrel. Maybe it was them but there is no way to tell.

Koshinn
11-16-14, 13:57
I never understood the logic behind allowing the AFG but not VFGs on a pistol.

So... Anybody's guess really. I wouldn't risk a felony putting one on a pistol until the decision is in writing.