PDA

View Full Version : Celebratory or Preemptive Purchases? (Heller Decision)

JSandi
06-24-08, 12:31
With the possibility of this landmark USSC decision coming down at any moment do you have plans or plans in place to make any possibly preemptive purchases if this opinion goes south?

Plan to celebrate if the ruling is favorable?

BigMarine
06-24-08, 12:39
I plan on doing both, I build and collect AR's, and there is a Gunshow this weekend near me......A nice collection of AR-15's is like having cash.

JSandi
06-24-08, 12:41
I'm thinking of another Colt M4 if it goes south, along with a good stash of mags and ammo.

If it goes good a nice H&K P2000sk or P30 would complement my current handgun collection nicely.

:D

Jerm
06-24-08, 13:08
you talked me into it.

....it would almost be un-American not to right(either way)?

Submariner
06-24-08, 17:02
PMags, Glock Mags and components. Lotsa components.

And cheap 9mm.:D

Iraqgunz
06-24-08, 17:17
Both. I am buying 500-1000rds. every two weeks and getting ready for another Glock and possibly another Noveske or a piston gun.

variablebinary
06-24-08, 17:41
Couple of glocks, lowers and mags and spare XCR parts

Gutshot John
06-24-08, 17:57
Lots of mags, a couple more FAL receivers and kits, new piston rifle, new AR, two new Glock 17s.

threefeathers
06-25-08, 00:22
Mags, CDNN 3rd Gen Smith that I already have 6 mags for, a piston AR probably a Sig 556.

KintlaLake
06-25-08, 05:32
I started making those "preemptive purchases" a year ago. :D

And I stopped several months ago -- no sense paying "panic premiums." Presuming a favorable outcome on Heller, I'll be keeping my eyes open for market opportunities, however brief and rare, between now and November.

Dave L.
06-25-08, 05:37
At least 4 stripped AR lowers (that will hopefully be Grandfathered), 1 Gock 26, 3 Glock 19's, PS90, tons of mags, and of course Ammo.

gishooter
06-25-08, 06:42
removed, changed.

Cold Zero
06-25-08, 06:50
At the first sign of political bad news, I will look for Glock mags, Gas Piston A.R., A.R. lower pre ban, ammo, spare parts. I have already bought most of the guns I wanted expecting ad news next year. No sense waiting till the last minute.

Dave L.
06-25-08, 06:56
I understand the celebartory part but what about the preemtive, is it the general concensious that gun prices will rise immediatley? I firgure or am hoping that until a law is passed (which will take months) gun and ammo prices should stay about the same. Please correct me if I am wrong. Either way I am still buying more and more 5.56,7.62x39 and 7.62x51 ammo.

Hopefully the gun companies would step up production for us and keep prices the same or less to flood the market prior to any ban taking place. Price gouging is something the oil industry does, I hope gun companies wouldn't stoop that low. They can make money off the parts later.

gishooter
06-25-08, 07:11
removed, changed

theJanitor
06-26-08, 13:22
in celebration, i bought another 1911 this morning. :)

AMMOTECH
06-26-08, 15:19
Glock & AR mags.
Ammo.

I've still got 500+ rounds of South African 5.56 that I bought before Y2K. Remember that? :eek:

decodeddiesel
06-26-08, 15:53
I plan on at least 1 more complete high end AR before the year is out (Noveske or LMT/Noveske hybrid).

sproc
06-26-08, 16:01
Since the 2A apparently doesn't cover "uncommon" weapons, we need to start buying things like 50BMG, SBRs, and SBSs to make them common before Congress gets any ideas about banning them.

To that end, I may make my first SBR purchase very soon.

decodeddiesel
06-26-08, 16:19
Since the 2A apparently doesn't cover "uncommon" weapons, we need to start buying things like 50BMG, SBRs, and SBSs to make them common before Congress gets any ideas about banning them.

To that end, I may make my first SBR purchase very soon.

Hmm... I wonder at what point it becomes "common"?

For that matter, what is the MOST common firearm in America? I have read the AR-15 is, but I find that hard to believe. I am thinking more Ruger 10/22 or Remington 700.

ToddG
06-26-08, 17:40
Well, I spent the afternoon making up a shopping list with gotM4 to build a new upper so I can actually start shooting an AR again after six years.

Jay Cunningham
06-26-08, 17:43
Well, I spent the afternoon making up a shopping list with gotM4 to build a new upper so I can actually start shooting an AR again after six years.

You should get an AK!! :p :p

ToddG
06-26-08, 18:23
They tried to convince me, but they kept telling me it had to be in 5.56mm ... I think the Devil speaks through them.

Seriously, I'd hoped to walk out of there with a complete upper (miscommunication on my part). Since I live in MD, buying a rifle from them would have been problematic. In fact, I don't even know if you can buy an AK in Maryland, we might have some kind of special anti-SKS/anti-AK law. We have a lot of laws.

Three months ago I had no idea what a "middy" carbine was. Tomorrow I'll own one. Now I just have to learn how to shoot it without making an ass of myself.

CarlosDJackal
06-26-08, 22:35
I'm listening to the argument of DC v. Heller before the SCOTUS by Walter Dellinger (represetning DC). This guy is tap-dancing like crazy!! What a piece of dawg extrement!! :mad:

decodeddiesel
06-26-08, 23:37
I'm listening to the argument of DC v. Heller before the SCOTUS by Walter Dellinger (represetning DC). This guy is tap-dancing like crazy!! What a piece of dawg extrement!! :mad:

Listening to C-Span right now too.

Severian
06-27-08, 12:21
I wonder if we now will be able to overturn the Washington State ban on using suppressors. We can obtain the NFA stamp and purchase a suppressor, but we're not allowed to use them. :confused: Pretty ridiculous.

I for one am interested in a celebratory purchase of a AAC M4-2000 Mod08. :)