PDA

View Full Version : BUG Ankle Holster

cmiller683
11-15-14, 22:11
Hey all,

Looking into getting a nice ankle holster for a back-up gun and spare mags to match. I'm thinking one ankle holster for the gun, another for the mags, but if I can get a 2-in-1, that would be great. So far I have only looked at Desantis. Any other suggestions?

Cheers,

CM

bp7178
11-15-14, 22:33
You really don't want an ankle holster. Even a light gun presents a lot of weight on one ankle. They are never stable either. If you're sitting down its an easy draw from concealed, but otherwise it can be awkward.

If you must, the best I've used is the type that laces in with your boots. If you run it with good side zip boots, you don't have to mess with the laces.

http://www.copsplus.com/1379_gould-goodrich_b716.html?gclid=Cj0KEQiAkJyjBRClorTki_7Zx8QBEiQAcqwGMfnGpVYQ_E_ClMRhmbg4x3PKwOTL-dbR3UrIJCVCrAsaAtAh8P8HAQ

El Cid
11-15-14, 22:44
Nothing wrong with a good ankle holster for a BUG/2nd gun. Yes, a baby Glock will be more noticeable than an airweight snubby. Many of us carry something else on the other ankle to mitigate lower back issues. I keep a 17rd mag and CAT TQ on the opposite side. There are even times when the ankle is faster to access such as sitting in a vehicle.

That said, I've tried several and the Alessi is in my opinion the best by a mile. Comfort, breathability and how it attaches are superior to most designs I've tried (Galco, Desantis). When I first got into LE many years ago there was a 1 year plus wait for one. Now that I've been using it for7 years I understand why.

T2C
11-15-14, 23:13
A few of my coworkers used a Galco Ankle Glove and they had nothing but good things to say about it.

Dennis
11-15-14, 23:34
I have run Galco Ankle Gloves and Renegade holsters daily for over a decade with no issues both on and off duty. I have larger calves and this style of holster allows for various angles of fastening whether over boots or with dress shoes.

http://www.renegadeholstersdirect.com/page2.html

Currently I have a custom kydex holster that I sew to the base holster for an even more secure and easier access.

Dennis.

cmiller683
11-16-14, 20:32
Thanks for the responses. I like the looks of the Alessi holster's, but damn, $165 for a BUG holster? I guess I cant complain considering I dropped $150 on a Milt Sparks IWB holster. Good work is good work. I'm leaning towards the DeSantis Apache rig, just because it's a bit more low profile.

bp7178: The Bootlock Holster is an interesting idea. I like it and think it would be the most secure, but I want something I can use with a 6" boot and I don't see that working. Plus, I want something as low-profile as possible.

Thanks again for everyone's input.

Cheers,

CM

jamaicanj
11-22-14, 12:38
I've been using the Galco ankle glove for almost 20 years. I have one for a sig 230/232 and another for a g26. The ankle glove is both secure and comfy.