PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint Clear Flip-Up Covers!

C4IGrant
06-24-08, 14:52
Yes, that's right boys and girls, after about 1 year wait, these little buggers are FINALLY available again!

For those that have never seen them, here are some pics.

C4

Front
http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Aimpoint/10313_Clear_Front.jpg

Rear
http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Aimpoint/10314_Clear_Rear.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Aimpoint/Clear_Front_Rear.jpg

Jay Cunningham
06-24-08, 14:54
Can you buy them separately, or are they a pair?

C4IGrant
06-24-08, 14:59
Can you buy them separately, or are they a pair?

Seperate.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=LC

C4

Dave L.
06-24-08, 15:04
Do these work with the Killflash installed on the M4?

C4IGrant
06-24-08, 15:15

I do not think so, but will double check.

C4

Dave L.
06-24-08, 15:41
I ordered 'em anyway!

uspopo
06-24-08, 17:15
Grant, anything for the T1 in the future?

Stan

C4IGrant
06-24-08, 17:20
Grant, anything for the T1 in the future?

Stan

Nothing till they revise the shape of the mount.

C4

John123
06-25-08, 19:47
Will these fit the COMP M4?

John

the1911fan
06-25-08, 20:49
These are a no brainer..thanks for offering them G

I need to talk to you about that dept. order I want to get done...were getting ready to get the approval I need some info. that only you can provide

C4IGrant
06-26-08, 08:44
Will these fit the COMP M4?

John

Yes. They will also fit the ML2, M2, ML3, M3, C2, C3, M4, M4S, etc.

C4

ST911
06-26-08, 10:47
Are these like the standard OEM covers in build quality, or are they like a standard Butler Creek. OEM Aimpoint or aftermarket?

C4IGrant
06-26-08, 10:50
Are these like the standard OEM covers in build quality, or are they like a standard Butler Creek. OEM Aimpoint or aftermarket?

These come directly from Aimpoint. I don't do non OEM Aimpoint components. ;)

C4

edwordsigh
07-07-08, 02:26
Hey Grant. Did you find out if these work with the killflash? Also, what are the benefits of having clear ones in comparison to the original black ones?

C4IGrant
07-07-08, 08:09
Hey Grant. Did you find out if these work with the killflash? Also, what are the benefits of having clear ones in comparison to the original black ones?

I am pretty certain that they do not, but have not actually done it yet.

The problem as I see it is that in time of stress (like someone shooting at you), people forget to turn on their Aimpoint (let alone flip the covers down). The clear covers not only protect the lenses, but you never have to worry about flipping them down (as you can see right through them).

C4

FlyAndFight
07-07-08, 14:52
Just checking to see if they finally do/don't work with the kill-flash installed.

I presently have the old rubber covers that are in need of replacing and these new flip-ups look to be the answer (hopefully, as I do have the kill-flash installed.)

Thanks, Grant.

C4IGrant
07-07-08, 14:58
Just checking to see if they finally do/don't work with the kill-flash installed.

I presently have the old rubber covers that are in need of replacing and these new flip-ups look to be the answer (hopefully, as I do have the kill-flash installed.)

Thanks, Grant.

Do your covers work with the ARD?

C4

RogerinTPA
07-07-08, 15:00

Not to be a killjoy here, but unless these covers have an anti-reflective coating, wouldn't the killflash have to be installed in front of these to still be effective????

C4IGrant
07-07-08, 15:04
Not to be a killjoy here, but unless these covers have an anti-reflective coating, wouldn't the killflash have to be installed in front of these to be still effective????

Yes. I personally would NOT leave the closed if I was shooting. I look at them as an answer to people forgetting to flip the covers down when under stress and still being able to see the dot.

C4

FlyAndFight
07-07-08, 16:54
Do your covers work with the ARD?
C4

Yes, it covers it with no problems since it's basically rubber and stretches to size.

Good point, rharris2163. I just figured that since these new covers are the same price as the non-clear ones, it would just be an added benefit to have. The rubber ones that I currently have broken in a couple of places.

RogerinTPA
07-07-08, 17:25
Yes. I personally would NOT leave the closed if I was shooting. I look at them as an answer to people forgetting to flip the covers down when under stress and still being able to see the dot.

C4

Sounds like a good compromise. I'm sure its a mistake only made once (hopefully) in a fire fight. Maybe in the next gen, they can come up with an anti-reflective coating or a MOD to install a killflash.

Harv
07-07-08, 21:19
Leave the covers off... problem solved.
I stopped running covers on my Aimpoints a few years ago...

John_Wayne777
07-07-08, 21:39
I am pretty certain that they do not, but have not actually done it yet.

The problem as I see it is that in time of stress (like someone shooting at you), people forget to turn on their Aimpoint (let alone flip the covers down). The clear covers not only protect the lenses, but you never have to worry about flipping them down (as you can see right through them).

C4

Folks may not have noticed, but that's exactly how I was running my Aimpoint with the clear front lens cover during the low light courses. I was running the same configuration during the AK course.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/jwayne_777/IMGP0736.jpg

That's what it looks like to look through the optic with the cover down.

C4IGrant
07-08-08, 08:42
Yes, it covers it with no problems since it's basically rubber and stretches to size.

Good point, rharris2163. I just figured that since these new covers are the same price as the non-clear ones, it would just be an added benefit to have. The rubber ones that I currently have broken in a couple of places.

If you can get the covers over the ARD, then you should be able to do the same with these ones I think.

C4