PDA

View Full Version : If you own a Lucid HD7

cosme9242
11-16-14, 20:31
I would like to know if you have any complaints?? Would you prefer a different optic in this price range?? Done my research even owned one a short time and liked it but not long enough to fully gather an opinion. I know all the positives but I would like to know any negatives and thoughts or experiences with their magnifiers.

If you don't own one of these or have never used one then I could care less for your opinion. Don't want to hear about the big 3 unless your offering to buy me one, for what they cost they are not even an option.

SomeOtherGuy
11-17-14, 12:41
I owned one for several months and used it in competitions. It worked OK. It's very large, heavy, and has a lot of housing obstructing your view outside of the glass. On the positive side the glass itself was very clear. For a red dot that costs less than an Aimpoint I would choose, and own two of, the Japanese-made Ultradot, which is the best RDS I've found below Aimpoint. I used one of them in competition for about two years, all Michigan weather temperatures and conditions, and had no problems of any kind. The basic 30mm model is also quite light and doesn't cost that much (around $160 IIRC, but you need to buy rings separately).

If I were trying to improve the Lucid HD7 I would cut half the weight (or more) and half the bulk.