PDA

View Full Version : Is truck bed liner still the go-to for Glock reduction/stipple?

JonnyVain
11-17-14, 09:57
I've got a reduced grip Glock and looking to put a coating on it to stipple. Is aerosol spray bed liner still the go-to product for this type of work?

Magsz
11-17-14, 10:19
No, absolutely not.

You do NOT stipple truck bed liner...It ends up becoming a goopy mess if you try and do that.

JonnyVain
11-17-14, 11:40
No, absolutely not.

You do NOT stipple truck bed liner...It ends up becoming a goopy mess if you try and do that.

So what do companies like Boresight and Cold Bore use?

Magsz
11-17-14, 12:03
So what do companies like Boresight and Cold Bore use?

Ask them. You're most likely not going to get an answer.

The majority of their grip work is done using the existing polymer. The rest is unicorn dust, faerie farts and magic.

Nightstalker865
11-17-14, 12:18
Either go the grip tape route (talon grips) or just stipple the frame. Either are great options. You just need to decide which suits your needs the best.

JonnyVain
11-17-14, 16:41
Either go the grip tape route (talon grips) or just stipple the frame. Either are great options. You just need to decide which suits your needs the best.

I already did the reduction and hear you can't stipple the epoxy.

Magsz
11-17-14, 19:32
I already did the reduction and hear you can't stipple the epoxy.

That depends on what kind of epoxy you used. There are a few types out there that will heat stipple but most will not.

okie john
11-18-14, 08:52
That depends on what kind of epoxy you used. There are a few types out there that will heat stipple but most will not.

You might be able to rough up the texture with a rasp.

Okie John

JonnyVain
11-18-14, 12:57
I think I figured out what the pros are using. Probably plastic repair kits.

MegademiC
11-18-14, 16:10
Like Okie said, if the epoxy is hard, you could checker it.

I hear a dremel and some coffee produces best results.

anachronism
11-18-14, 20:11
Hmmm... I wonder how the stuff sold for repairing plastic radiators would work. The stuff is really tough, but seems unsuitable for repairing cracks in plastic tanks.

Surf
11-18-14, 20:20
You need to think along the lines of how people add texture to synthetic stocks on rifles.

Or you could go old school and break out some checkering files.

sammage
11-18-14, 21:00
Op you're thinking off something more like using Marine-Tex.

http://rdprecision.net/do-it-yourself-stock-texture/