PDA

View Full Version : Acog desert sand match with burnt bronze?

lrdchaos
11-18-14, 08:27
Does anyone have a Acog in desert sand, not fde, with a burnt bronze upper? Just wondering how they would match up.

markm
11-18-14, 08:34
www.ar15.com/

48J
11-18-14, 11:12
www.ar15.com/

That was poetically evil! You, Sir, have style and a sense of humor. I would have asked if that combination made my butt look big.

Edited because no need to be smart ass.

QuietShootr
11-18-14, 12:05
www.ar15.com/

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a525/tukoytopia/theFBlikemachinegun_zpsb322dd0b.jpg

MBtech
11-18-14, 12:23
You mean to tell me you guys don't want to look sexy while killing Zombies or on the battle field?
Edited also, no need to be a smart A$$

lrdchaos
11-18-14, 13:15
My bad....I didn't realize this site was only for the true hardcore keyboard commandos that don't care what their builds look like.

TXBK
11-18-14, 13:21
OP, the comments you have received should be an indication that "Function Over Form" is prevalent here. Some may just be having a little fun at your expense :). In all actuality, MarkM made a good suggest because more than likely you can search arfcom or google for that matter and look at a pic of what you are inquiring about.

MBtech
11-18-14, 13:30
On a serious note, I would search Google Images if I was trying to match color combos, may see something close.
I give my very best friend a hard time when it comes to appearance on his guns, nothin personal, to each his own.

TehLlama
11-18-14, 14:03
My bad....I didn't realize this site was only for the true hardcore keyboard commandos that don't care what their builds look like.

No, but it is a site where use of http://google.com/imghp is considered requisite for questions that none of us really want to spend time researching for other people. We'll do tons of research and lean on SME and industry information for stuff that's important - for purely cosmetic junk, this isn't a place to ask for the legwork of others.

lrdchaos
11-18-14, 15:29
No, but it is a site where use of http://google.com/imghp is considered requisite for questions that none of us really want to spend time researching for other people. We'll do tons of research and lean on SME and industry information for stuff that's important - for purely cosmetic junk, this isn't a place to ask for the legwork of others.

Then just read the heading and skip right on past.... Don't take the time to pop in. Now if you have a burnt bronze with a desert tan then pop in. There are a number of threads I don't open because they don't interest me, or I have nothing to contribute. But I you feel you need to pop in and post something to get your count up feel free.

TehLlama
11-18-14, 16:22
Then just read the heading and skip right on past.... Don't take the time to pop in. Now if you have a burnt bronze with a desert tan then pop in. There are a number of threads I don't open because they don't interest me, or I have nothing to contribute. But I you feel you need to pop in and post something to get your count up feel free.

I came in looking to see if the OP had done some googling and authored a thread to get subjective opinions on an at least partially researched question. Don Rosch has me quoted for 'wanting my purse to match my shoes' levels of cosmetic preoccupation with carbine accessories, and that's not a bad thing... just know where it makes sense to ask other to bring you google image search results, or ask specifically about what qualities of either color don't come through over digital images.

The TypeIII anodize is a bit more yellow and reflective than the Cerakote Burnt Bronze coloring (H-148Q) as far as I can tell, [I don't own any Trijicon products in a color other than Black, just handled a bunch at LGS's] although the DD RIS-II I have seems a touch more pink on top of that difference (anodize has tendencies to do that, I've seen plenty of .mil rifles in black anodize that are outright plum colored)... the question is how far off are you happy with (and does it really matter considering for most applications with an ACOG authenticity and combat oriented use are preferable to outright beauty - the ACOG isn't a pretty optic, it's just build like a brick lavatory and has an excellent, clear, usable field of view, illumination, and reticle for a fixed zoom optic). I'd also look at images of burnt bronze with the EOTech 553 as an added reference, since they're pretty similar to the TA01NSN/TA31 Desert Sand in terms of surface appearance.

So there you have it: a much better answer than was warranted by " Just wondering how they would match up. " Feel free to continue searching yourself, if you have interest in where I'm pulling reference pictures feel free to ask (although typing in your thread title sans prepositions does an excellent job on google image search getting that far, so you'll probably find better ones that I did in short order).