PDA

View Full Version : Lower Reciever Parts Kit's

Shrike9
06-24-08, 23:15
What's the better of these 2 LPK's & why??

Figure I need to shit or get off the pot with the Lauer (LMT Forged) lowers and start to get em put together.

Chances are I'll end up with Magpul pistol grip's or some other after market pistol grip & possibly Magpul's trigger guard. Not sure of the final build yet, but chances are one will have a Millet DMS-1 scope on it or possibly a Trijicon AccuPoint.

DPMS LPK (http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=24955&title=AR-15%20LOWER%20RECEIVER%20PARTS%20KIT) and Bushmaster LPK (http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=26400&title=AR-15%20LOWER%20RECEIVER%20PARTS%20KIT)

BushmasterFanBoy
06-24-08, 23:29
I've heard DPMS roll pins are slightly larger and introduce some element of risk (either in marring the gun or accidently damaging it trying to get them in, particularly the trigger guard roll pin) when you install them. That said, I'm not sure if BM LPK's pass muster, but I have not heard any complaints about them.

ST911
06-25-08, 17:32
If limited to those two choices, I would opt for the BM.

GONIF
06-25-08, 18:17
get the Stag/CMT LPK ,$65.00 . I have found the Stag to be the best of the bunch. always goes together the first time ,always works smooth . never fails (at least for me ) and the price is good .you might even be able to find it cheaper.

uspopo
06-25-08, 20:36
I have a BM lower with BM guts with no issues and a DPMS kit in my Stag lower with no issues.

GaryXD
06-25-08, 20:40
I've used Bushmaster, Stag, and RRA. No issues with any of those.

Sam
06-25-08, 20:43
Funny you should ask. I just assembled my Charles Daly lower with a DPMS LPK bought from Brownells. My buddy helped me with the work and most parts went in easily. The ones that I fought with were the little pins and springs but with a little cussing and swearing and a tap or two with the little hammer, everything went in.

Ridge_Runner_5
06-25-08, 22:51
I used DPMS...went into my Superior Arms lower receiver without a hiccup (I didnt use the DPMS trigger guard or associated pin, though). It did get some scratches on the receiver, but that was my own stupidity marring the side while installing the bolt catch roll pin...

chadbag
06-26-08, 00:54
I've used BM and DPMS in the past (things may have changed?) and they are all GTG -- at least the ones I had. I've done multiple of each one.

Chad

beantamug
06-26-08, 07:49
You may want to look into a LPK from CMMG. You can "custom build" a LPK from drop down menus on their website. This is especially handy if you want to use an aftermarket pistol grip, trigger guard, etc. It keeps you from buying both a standard lower parts kit and the aftermarket parts.

I just did this with a CMMG lower parts kit and got it with an Ergo grip and Magpul trigger guard. I installed it on a Rock River Arms lower with no problems.

AMMOTECH
06-26-08, 14:34
Someone should do a "Chart" for LPK's. ;)

List each item in the kit, who makes it (the name on the package or is it sub-contracted out) and how. :confused:

AnimalMother556
06-26-08, 17:03
I use Armalite LPK's exclusively. No problems so far, good stock triggers, and cool looking bolt catches. Getting harder to find the single stage kits though.

nksmfamjp
06-26-08, 19:35
+1 on the Armalite LPK. I really like mine. It can be ordered without the fire control parts for like $40. I did that and added a RRA trigger.

AnimalMother556
06-26-08, 21:41
Yeah, the single stage units can be purchased from DSG arms for around $75 dollars shipped. I know it seems silly, but I love that bolt catch.