PDA

View Full Version : Glock 17 Gen 2 with an odd issue

lil'Zeus
11-18-14, 16:28
Hey all~
I did some searching and couldn't find a clear cut direction for the issue that I am having and wanted to bring it here for some direction.

I came across a really clean gen 2 G17 with original tupperware box a year or so ago at a gun show and decided to buy it. I haven't had much time to shoot in the last year so it has done a lot of sitting unfortunately. Thats business and kids for ya. Anyhow, I took it out a while back and the gun has a wierd hitch to it.

It appears to have had a .25 trigger job done to it. I haven't ever had that on any of my other glocks but wasn't real concerned when I bought it. When your slow firing the gun all is well. When you run the gun hard it almost acts like it wants to go off when you are releasing the trigger and it hits the reset. I have never had an ND and have shot a lot over the years and did some competitive shooting so I don't feel that it is anything Im doing. My gen 3's and 4's have no issues, but haven't been "polished" either. My fear is that something is out of wack with this and Im thinking its somewhere in the trigger bar or connector. Would a bent connector make it do this?

Thoughts? If I replace all the trigger parts with new, Im running into a struggle of finding new parts for the older 2 pin models. Angles for parts would be appreciated as well.

I considered selling this after I figured this out but I feel its wrong to sell a pistol that isn't right either. I bought it to make a game gun out of as I like the gen 2 with no front finger grooves and wouldn't mind keeping it for the purpose I bought it.

Any advise is great on this odd trigger situation.

Thanks so much in advance.

T2C
11-18-14, 16:54
If you have any suspicions your pistol is unsafe, you should address the problem.

Is this what you are trying to locate?

http://www.glockmeister.com/Complete-Receiver-Replacement-Parts-Kit-For-2-Pin-G17/productinfo/G17RECKIT2/

samuse
11-18-14, 17:28
http://glockparts.com/

I'd gut it and stuff it full of new everything. I can't stand a polished anything in a Glock.

themonk
11-18-14, 17:54
Agree with everything said. All you should need is the "Trigger with Trigger Bar" and the "Trigger Mechanism Housing W/Ejector". No difference in parts for the gen 1, 2, or 3, just don't get anything gen 4 as they wont work. I would do the replacement before I shoot it again. I have purchased parts from both companies listed with good results.

SkiDevil
11-19-14, 04:54
Take it to a GSSF match for an inspection by a Glock certified armorer or send it into Glock MFG and they will rebuild and upgrade the pistol for you. The Gen. 2s are getting harder to come by and therefore I would keep it.

lil'Zeus
11-19-14, 09:57
Thanks for the comments guys, I didn't realize the 2 pin and 3 pin models had interchangeable trigger mechanisims. I might just buy a new drop in OE parts set with a minus connector or something. Im not a big fan of aftermarket parts, or polished factory ones. I had been on the look out for a clean gen 2 for sometime so this gives me a bit of hope again to know the parts are the virtually the same. Thanks again guys!29793

jabba21
11-19-14, 13:19
Send it back to glock for inspection. They will replace the internals at your request for free. All you have to pay is shipping.

Edit: I've done this a few times myself when I've purchased an older glock just to be on the safe side.

lil'Zeus
11-19-14, 14:23
I just ordered some drop in replacement parts from glockmeister but I will keep this in mind for future reference. I didn't realize they would do that since someone along the way decided to polish it. Thanks so much for the info.

Funtogun
11-23-14, 16:38
Glock has gone as far as replacing a barrel for me, when I purchased a G3 19C that somebody had done their .25 job on the feed ramp. NO Charge :)