PDA

View Full Version : How to remove BCM marking on upper receiver?

Eurodriver
11-19-14, 13:31
Maybe it's been covered, but all the searches yielded results about BCG logos or removing barrel nuts. Forewarning: I'd like to share something, as well as ask a question.

I just built an M16A4 Clone. I bought the lower receiver stripped from PSA an almost forgettable amount of time ago. This build was special to me because, as a Lance Coolie, I carried this exact rifle in Iraq and PSA had a neat lower receiver sale a while back.

It wasn't meant to be a "shooter", more like a wall hanger that I'll shoot occasionally, but I couldn't pass up BCM's deal. When a BCM with a BCG is only $50 more than a no-name brand, it's foolish to go with the other guys. However, BCM has a very large billboard on the side.

Normally, I don't care about this. But this rifle is something I plan to keep forever, and I want it to look authentic as possible. That also means in the process of removing the laser marking, I'd rather not mess it up.

So, how does one go about doing that? I'd like to remove it from the bolt carrier as well, but that's less of a priority.

03scgt
11-19-14, 13:35
Pretty sure its laser etched in so anything short of cerakote will pretty much be useless.

pveezy
11-19-14, 13:38
I don't know the answer to the question but I really like the rifle. Thanks for your service.

markm
11-19-14, 13:46
black paint or marker. black paint pen maybe... flat black rattle can and tape off the area maybe??

JS-Maine
11-19-14, 14:08
I would at least give a rattle can a try, given that it can be removed easily. The high temp krypton stuff might match the upper pretty nicely. When taping off that area, playing with the existing lines on the upper might help. I would tape off the area from the rear of the receiver, follow the existing line that sits just under the pic rail forward to the brass deflector and do something similar while taping off back toward the rear of the receiver. When you remove the tape, the lines left behind will blend with existing lines.

It's sort of like body work on a vehicle. You can't always make it perfect, but you can use existing lines to hide unavoidable imperfections. In this case, if it sucks you can just remove it.

HeliPilot
11-19-14, 14:14
If you want authenticity you'll have to loose a few if those rail covers!

badness
11-19-14, 14:16
why get rid of it? You should be proud to show everyone that you own a bcm :)

Ryno12
11-19-14, 14:17
Replace it with a Colt upper receiver.

the automator
11-19-14, 14:19
birchwood casey flat black touch up pen would probably work well

steyrman13
11-19-14, 14:19
Couln't you get a BCM blem upper for around 60% price pf the new BCM and it won't have the BCM badges on it I believe

T2C
11-19-14, 14:20

That would definitely work.

Eurodriver
11-19-14, 14:25
Man, this is not good news. I thought it'd be easier than that. You mean I can't just scrub it off or something?

Tracking on painting with existing lines, but the problem is that I won't know what matches and what doesn't until I've painted and its already dried.

I'm building a 300BLK and need an upper, this may be the route I go if someone doesn't have a foolproof idea. (I am a fool, after all)

I can always try painting, and then swap uppers if that doesn't work. It appears BCM sells uppers without the markings for $30 less than the going rate for a Colt.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Upper-Receiver-assembly-M4-Flat-Top-p/bcm4-ur-m4.htm

How exactly are these things put on the uppers? I thought it was just paint over the anodizing.

steyrman13
11-19-14, 14:27
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Upper-Receiver-Assembly-M4-Flat-Top-demo-p/flat%20top%20-upper%20-m4%20demo.htm

Eurodriver
11-19-14, 14:37
nevermind

GH41
11-19-14, 14:38
If it bothers you being white it will probably still bother you if you paint it. You will still see the engraving. It'l just be a different color. I'll join the crowd.. You can buy a quality assembled upper for a hundred bucks. You could probably sell the BCM upper for that.

Eurodriver
11-19-14, 14:40
If it bothers you being white it will probably still bother you if you paint it. You will still see the engraving. It'l just be a different color. I'll join the crowd.. You can buy a quality assembled upper for a hundred bucks. You could probably sell the BCM upper for that.

What kills me is that I literally just sold an upper receiver last week on the EE...

I don't know if I'd mind the engraving if it wasn't white. Is there a way to get the white out of there? What is it?

JChops
11-19-14, 14:48
How exactly are these things put on the uppers? I thought it was just paint over the anodizing.

Laser etching. And the industry has gone completely insane with it. Every little part from every company is laser engraved with company logos, phone numbers, NSN numbers, stars, zombie heads... rifles end up looking like NASCARs with all the advertising.

People like what they like; I'll always be a sterilized slide 1911 kind of guy. And I transfer that over to my AR builds. Factory engraving is fine but I don't like lasered logos, clever sayings and skulls on my shit. Stupid as hell.

glocktogo
11-19-14, 15:04
birchwood casey flat black touch up pen would probably work well

Yeah I overpaid for one of those, once. Turned out it was nothing more than a rebranded Sharpie, which is indigo rather than black (looks dark purple in direct sunlight). I used a black Papermate felt marker to "subdue" the BCM logo, which is a true black. I'm proud to own a BCM, but I don't need a glaring white billboard on the side of my upper to brag about it. :)

JS-Maine
11-19-14, 15:22
Tracking on painting with existing lines, but the problem is that I won't know what matches and what doesn't until I've painted and its already dried.

Even when it dries it can be removed pretty easily, but I hear you. If I were putting together a build that is meant to be a wall hanger I wouldn't see spray paint as an optimal solution, even if it was unnoticeable. You've already stated the best option. Get an upper that you want.

3 AE
11-19-14, 16:09
Well, since it's going to be mostly a wall hanger and just shot occasionally. I would close the dust cover and hang it up with the "BCM" logo facing the wall! Yes Lance Corporal, problem solved. Oorah! :D

Ak44
11-19-14, 16:10
Black Paint or Sharpie, but it'll look like crap and it'll fade off. Just buy a stripped upper receiver from BCM (same upper receiver minus the logo) and swap all the parts on to it.

jaxman7
11-20-14, 02:17
Euro,

Spit balling here but you know how these white logos all dull or 'brown' with use and exposure. I wonder if you rubbed some black shoe polish over the logo how much it would at least subdue it.

-Jax

BBossman
11-20-14, 04:14
Hang it on the wall facing the other way.

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk 2

wildcard600
11-20-14, 07:26

And then you'll actually be able to see the Iraq picture on the side of the lower.

Palmguy
11-20-14, 07:32
What kills me is that I literally just sold an upper receiver last week on the EE...

I don't know if I'd mind the engraving if it wasn't white. Is there a way to get the white out of there? What is it?

As JChops mentioned, this is laser engraving. As it's a subtractive process, you can't "remove" the white. You'll have to cover it up in whatever way you find most desireable (paint, cerakote, whatever) or replace the upper with a sterile part.

Eurodriver
11-20-14, 09:28

And then you'll actually be able to see the Iraq picture on the side of the lower.

Makes sense, but this will still be a shooter and I'd like it to look legit. It's odd though, because I've always considered the ejection port side the "front" of the AR.

As JChops mentioned, this is laser engraving. As it's a subtractive process, you can't "remove" the white. You'll have to cover it up in whatever way you find most desireable (paint, cerakote, whatever) or replace the upper with a sterile part.

Well I guess that really answers my question. With my new reaction rod, it won't be hard to replace, but I absolutely *hate* removing FSPs. I'll try painting it or dulling the BCM logo for now and update the thread if anything works. The logic being if I mess it up, I'm going to replace it anyway (on a rifle that will then be painted) so no worries.

Carpetcop617
11-20-14, 10:23
When I did my SBR, I took it to a local company (Acculazer) in Lees Summit, Missouri) to have my info engraved on the receiver. I'm not sure what the chemical was that he used, but after engraving, the guy put some clear liquid onto the engraving which turned the exposed metal black and actually looks like it was engraved prior to the receiver being finished. It was just a quick chemical reaction. Might be worth a call to them to see if they can steer you toward the right product. Their number is (816) 246-1801.

samuse
11-20-14, 10:53
Here's a BCM logo with black Sharpie in it...

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab76/sammuse/001_zpsaafc6907.jpg

Palmguy
11-20-14, 11:06
When I did my SBR, I took it to a local company (Acculazer) in Lees Summit, Missouri) to have my info engraved on the receiver. I'm not sure what the chemical was that he used, but after engraving, the guy put some clear liquid onto the engraving which turned the exposed metal black and actually looks like it was engraved prior to the receiver being finished. It was just a quick chemical reaction. Might be worth a call to them to see if they can steer you toward the right product. Their number is (816) 246-1801.

It sounds like it was mechanically engraved and then they used Aluminum Black to blacken the newly exposed aluminum. I've never tried aluminum black on lasered anodized aluminum, but I don't believe it will work for that purpose. The stuff isn't that expensive though.

http://www.amazon.com/Birchwood-Casey-Aluminum-Black-Finish/dp/B004GGL8SW

midSCarolina
11-20-14, 12:26
I personally don't mind the BCM logo... it isn't nearly as offensive as the DD laser etching IMO. Now that that's out of the way, if you want it somewhat gone, I would carefully apply the Birchwood alum black. It may take some time and several applications but it will at least make the laser etching a little more subtle.

Carpetcop617
11-20-14, 13:43
It sounds like it was mechanically engraved and then they used Aluminum Black to blacken the newly exposed aluminum. I've never tried aluminum black on lasered anodized aluminum, but I don't believe it will work for that purpose. The stuff isn't that expensive though.

http://www.amazon.com/Birchwood-Casey-Aluminum-Black-Finish/dp/B004GGL8SW

I'm not sure what product was used, but I do know for certain that the engraving was done with a laser rather than by mechanical cutting. It was actually a pretty cool process to watch.

ColtSeavers
11-20-14, 14:41
Doesn't BCM still make/sell an unmarked M4 upper for $119? I used one for my 6.8 build not too long ago.

djegators
11-20-14, 15:40
Doesn't BCM still make/sell an unmarked M4 upper for $119? I used one for my 6.8 build not too long ago.

They sell their stripped uppers, and they do not have the white BCM markings on them.

djegators
11-20-14, 15:44
Maybe it's been covered, but all the searches yielded results about BCG logos or removing barrel nuts. Forewarning: I'd like to share something, as well as ask a question.

I just built an M16A4 Clone. I bought the lower receiver stripped from PSA an almost forgettable amount of time ago. This build was special to me because, as a Lance Coolie, I carried this exact rifle in Iraq and PSA had a neat lower receiver sale a while back.
http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w521/6234987u02/IMG_1127_zps424fca14.jpg

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w521/6234987u02/IMG_1125_zpsccdbe4fa.jpg

It wasn't meant to be a "shooter", more like a wall hanger that I'll shoot occasionally, but I couldn't pass up BCM's deal. When a BCM with a BCG is only $50 more than a no-name brand, it's foolish to go with the other guys. However, BCM has a very large billboard on the side.
http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w521/6234987u02/IMG_1126_zpsdbf324d9.jpg

Normally, I don't care about this. But this rifle is something I plan to keep forever, and I want it to look authentic as possible. That also means in the process of removing the laser marking, I'd rather not mess it up.

So, how does one go about doing that? I'd like to remove it from the bolt carrier as well, but that's less of a priority.

And because I know it will be brought up, I am just waiting on getting an OEM Trijicon ACOG mount. That's why I'm not worried about the LT markings or it not being correct.

Awesome build! I plan on doing the same build myself to mimic what my son, a brand new Marine, will be using.

SkyLine1
11-20-14, 16:08

Yes they do, I just built a 300blk with one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

openbolt
11-20-14, 16:43
I like Paul's gear as much as the next guy but I'm one of those who absolutely oppose any form of advertising billboarded on my rifles. I've bought many an upper from BCM only to pull the barrel and replace that billboarded receiver with a Colt unit. I make no apologies, I cannot bear to be used as an advertising platform. If the logo is supposedly for ID reason that could be accomplished internally with an engraving that could only be see by opening the receiver halfs.

Before someone takes this to some where I did not intend it to go, I have no problem with NORMAL stamped mfgr marking like BCM uses on their lower receivers for example or the "C" that Colt uses on their uppers.

Quiet-Matt
11-20-14, 16:58
I managed to subdue BCM logo with Aluminum Black once. I just worked it in with a q-tip. It took some time, and several applications, but you have to look for it now.

Eurodriver
11-21-14, 07:07
Thanks for the posts

tonyben
11-21-14, 07:34
I work in the laser micromachining industry. That's called white mark ablation. It's permanent. It's the same technology used on hand held mobile devices, tablets and laptops that come in matte grey aluminum cases and black slate aluminum cases. Lower power gives you the black mark without ablation. Once you hit it with higher power, you actually start ablating the surface and it turns white. I like the logo, but honestly, if it bothers you, just buy a new or blem BCM stripped upper. They don't come with the logo.

Tony.

Eurodriver
11-23-14, 09:17
Well, I guess that answers that.

Took it to the range yesterday. Threw some irons on it for old times sake. My best friend went with me and we were in the Marine Corps together so it brought back some memories shooting the A4 at some good distance (300 yards)

MistWolf
11-23-14, 11:00
I absolutely *hate* removing FSPs

If you mean the front sight base, it does not have to be removed to pull the barrel and install it to another upper

Safetyhit
11-23-14, 11:16
Good information here regarding how to conceal white etching in general, but in this case seems like a lot when you could have just gone with a Colt upper in the first place. Still your last post says it all, nobody's going to notice it now but you so let it go and move on.

jbjh
11-23-14, 12:15
I work in the laser micromachining industry. That's called white mark ablation. It's permanent. It's the same technology used on hand held mobile devices, tablets and laptops that come in matte grey aluminum cases and black slate aluminum cases. Lower power gives you the black mark without ablation. Once you hit it with higher power, you actually start ablating the surface and it turns white. I like the logo, but honestly, if it bothers you, just buy a new or blem BCM stripped upper. They don't come with the logo.

Tony.

Can using a lower power 're-ablate' the surface back to black?

If not, can this ablation be etched out with a mild acid and then touched up?

djegators
11-23-14, 13:28
The stripped upper could have the anodizing stripped and then re-anodized I suppose, but wouldn't seem worth it...

Eurodriver
11-23-14, 17:15
The stripped upper could have the anodizing stripped and then re-anodized I suppose, but wouldn't seem worth it...

Nah, I'd rather buy another upper from you!

If you mean the front sight base, it does not have to be removed to pull the barrel and install it to another upper

You mean by removing the gas tube? I actually don't have a punch small enough to do that, but if I did it might save me a lot of time...

MistWolf
11-23-14, 18:07
Getting a small pin punch is a simple thing- but you already know that :)

djegators
11-23-14, 18:41
Nah, I'd rather buy another upper from you!

You mean by removing the gas tube? I actually don't have a punch small enough to do that, but if I did it might save me a lot of time...

Let me know if you need to use any tools.

Guns-up.50
11-23-14, 19:35
If you want authenticity you'll have to loose a few if those rail covers!

Yeah true mine didnt have a single one nor the kill flash

Shao
11-23-14, 20:45
It's funny, I remember when I got ostracized for asking this EXACT same question. I wanted to know how to remove the BCM logo off of my upper and about 20 guys jumped on me calling me a pussy for caring. Laser etching crap has bothered me since the first DD I picked up - I didn't like being reminded in big white lettering that I was shooting a 5.56 - I bought the damn thing, I should know what to feed it! Anyway, since no one was of any help back then, I've had time to experiment.

Try Ballistol and brass (or is it bronze) wool. The RC hardness of anodized aluminum is like 65-70 so the bronze wool shouldn't hurt it. Spray the area liberally with Ballistol, then go at with the bronze wool. It should take all of the white off without harming the anodizing. Keep paper towels handy to soak up the ballistol/white gunk mixture. You can hit it with nail polish remover afterwards or liberal amounts of brake cleaner if you need to (I've used Gunk Off as well). You'll still see the etching but it will be like stealth etching and not glaring gloss white.

REDEMPTION!!!

EDIT: Warning - some laser etching is so deep that you may expose bare aluminum, in which case, I would try Birchwood Casey's Aluminum Black or even just a touch-up pen.

EDIT EDIT: I never did my BCM so I don't know if my trick will work on it.

scooter22
11-24-14, 17:45
I can't stand laser etching, especially the BCM star.

However, it hasn't stopped me.

I use a rectangle of grip tape to cover the etching.

GH41
11-24-14, 19:15
Eight pages on how to remove a hole.. Engraving by laser or a conventional method makes a hole. You cannot remove a hole! You people kill me.

Iraqgunz
11-24-14, 20:54
Why are we wasting time on this? If you don't like the logo, buy an blemished BCM upper or get another M4 flat top upper and have it re-barreled.

Airhasz
11-24-14, 21:05
Why are we wasting time on this? If you don't like the logo, buy an blemished BCM upper or get another M4 flat top upper and have it re-barreled.

I agree, black electrical tape, done.

MegademiC
11-24-14, 21:10
You could always strip and re-phosphate the upper... if you REALLY want to do it right.

If it was me? Sharpie.

Shao
10-01-15, 07:51
Sorry to resurrect a nearly year old thread, but I just helped my friend mask his deeply etched (engraved even) white lettering on his Surefire light and wanted to share my success story. Obviously, the logo will still be visible, but this will fill the logo in without hurting the surrounding areas of the piece you're working on.

A. Degrease area (I just used 99% pure electronics grade isopropyl alcohol)
B. Spray Brownell's black Alumahyde into a small condiment cup.
C. Use a toothpick or similar rigid but scratch-proof, thin tipped implement to dab into the alumahyde.
D. Carefully fill in the recessed spots with the alumahyde and toothpick.
E. Heat with a hair dryer on high heat for about 5-15 minutes
F. Let sit for a week or so before messing with it.

This method is for DEEPLY etched laser engraving. I've only tested it on a flashlight, but it was a HA matte black light with a similar finish to anodized AR components. He was very happy with the results and has reported back that it's been holding up fine (that was about three months ago) after some serious abuse and cleaning.

Hope that helps someone.

Eurodriver
10-17-15, 13:17

This is what I ended up doing. I appreciate all of the advice, but there was no way to get rid of the BCM logo other than this method that would satisfy me.

I also took the ACOG off. I missed iron sights.

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w521/6234987u02/DSC01682_zpsqx2aeqsg.jpg
http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w521/6234987u02/DSC01702_zpsjaduiglt.jpg
http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w521/6234987u02/DSC01695_zpsim3pybsp.jpg
Now it is identical to my real A4 in every way except the lower pays tribute to an all expense paid vacation I went on.

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w521/6234987u02/06030914888_zpsjdmfcrly.jpg

samuse
10-17-15, 21:04
I'm gonna clone your rifle!

Malamute
10-21-15, 23:12
http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w521/6234987u02/DSC01682_zpsqx2aeqsg.jpg

Now it is identical to my real A4 in every way except the lower pays tribute to an all expense paid vacation I went on.

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w521/6234987u02/06030914888_zpsjdmfcrly.jpg

Hey, a real rifle!

Pleasant surprise. My all time favorite AR type.

ETA: On topic-ish, has anyone tried black nail polish or paint in laser engraved markings? I filled my A2 sight markings with white, it worked fine. Black may work to help undesired markings less obvious.

R0CKETMAN
10-22-15, 07:06
ETA: On topic-ish, has anyone tried black nail polish or paint in laser engraved markings? I filled my A2 sight markings with white, it worked fine. Black may work to help undesired markings less obvious.

https://www.birchwoodcasey.com/Cleaning-and-Maintenance/Cleaning-Maintenance/Super-Black%E2%84%A2-Touch-Up-Pen.aspx

JasonB1
10-22-15, 11:35
A couple of other ideas.

Much like cold bluing except it works on aluminum:

https://www.birchwoodcasey.com/Refinishing/Metal-Finishing/Aluminum-Black-Touch-Up.aspx

This can be removed with various solvents, but is still pretty tough and similar in concept to the moly dry film lube mentioned in the armors manual for touch ups. Not like a sharpie , but like a paint marker.

https://www.birchwoodcasey.com/Cleaning-and-Maintenance/Cleaning-Maintenance/Super-Black™-Touch-Up-Pen-(1).aspx

Firefly
10-22-15, 13:08
With all due respect, isn't half the fun of a salty rifle being where you don't care how it looks?

My personal/duty Glock 21 has some dings to it and some wear. I actually like it that way.

Everybody should maintain their stuff to function but I know oodles of dudes who devised an M4 or A4 like how the had it and no fornication was given to appearance.

Eurodriver
10-22-15, 13:43
With all due respect, isn't half the fun of a salty rifle being where you don't care how it looks?

My personal/duty Glock 21 has some dings to it and some wear. I actually like it that way.

Everybody should maintain their stuff to function but I know oodles of dudes who devised an M4 or A4 like how the had it and no fornication was given to appearance.

A company's logo is not the same as scratches. By your logic, you would not mind me spraypainting my initials on your magwell? What about a giant penis down the handguards? Surely you'd need to draw the line somewhere, and my line was "non USGI branding".

I covered this in the OP. I don't mind the rifle getting scratched. In fact, I would prefer it.

Firefly
10-22-15, 19:04
A company's logo is not the same as scratches. By your logic, you would not mind me spraypainting my initials on your magwell? What about a giant penis down the handguards? Surely you'd need to draw the line somewhere, and my line was "non USGI branding".

I covered this in the OP. I don't mind the rifle getting scratched. In fact, I would prefer it.

If you did it? .....hmm.....that's a tough call.

Berserkr556
10-23-15, 10:50
I don't get why all these grown men are crying over a logo on a firearm. I dig the BCM on the right side of the upper and I really love the BFH Hammer on the left side of my BFH mid-lengths. If you don't want a logo and it offends you so much why not buy something else instead of crying and trying to get a company to change their product ? I hear other cry babies crying about the BCM on the bolt carrier. Hell I wouldn't buy another BCM BCG if they removed that. It reminds me that I don't have to worry about the quality of my BCG.

Eurodriver
10-23-15, 12:46
I don't get why all these grown men are crying over a logo on a firearm. I dig the BCM on the right side of the upper and I really love the BFH Hammer on the left side of my BFH mid-lengths. If you don't want a logo and it offends you so much why not buy something else instead of crying and trying to get a company to change their product ? I hear other cry babies crying about the BCM on the bolt carrier. Hell I wouldn't buy another BCM BCG if they removed that. It reminds me that I don't have to worry about the quality of my BCG.

Haha, I love guys like you. You make forums worth joining. Obviously you didn't read anything. BCM Logos don't bother me. No one at all ever mentioned anything even close to wishing BCM would remove the logo from their upper receiver. I was doing a clone build. Real A4s don't have logos. Just what in the hell did you read to come up with such a baseless post?

What I don't get is why all these little kids want to come into my thread crying about me crying about a BCM logo. Why on earth waste a few minutes of your life to write something that not only shows you didn't read and comprehend what the thread was about, but that you're narcissistic enough to believe that any of us give a shit what you think.

The real losers are the guys like this:

http://i.imgur.com/m0rVvj8.jpg

Who base their coolness on what brand their AR is. You fall into that group. I'm okay with that though, because I love BCM products and fools like you buying their products keep their volume up and prices down.

I can't help but laugh at you saying you wouldn't buy another BCM BCG if they removed their logo.

Who is the real crybaby here? The guy asking for advice on how to complete a project, or the guy whining on the internet to people that want their gun to look a certain way while simultaneously saying they wouldn't buy the exact same product if their gun didn't look a certain way?

ScottsBad
10-23-15, 12:48
Really?
Flat Black...Done.
http://www.amazon.com/Testors-Enamel-Paint-Marker-Black/dp/B000PY8850

ScottsBad
10-23-15, 12:50
Paint it or replace it. Do we need 65+ posts to solve this?

Eurodriver
10-23-15, 12:55
Paint it or replace it. Do we need 65+ posts to solve this?

It was solved in post 56.

ScottsBad
10-23-15, 20:56
It was solved in post 56.

Oh, I only read about fricken 47. Good luck on your project, sincerely.

Berserkr556
10-24-15, 14:33
Haha, I love guys like you. You make forums worth joining. Obviously you didn't read anything. BCM Logos don't bother me. No one at all ever mentioned anything even close to wishing BCM would remove the logo from their upper receiver. I was doing a clone build. Real A4s don't have logos. Just what in the hell did you read to come up with such a baseless post?

What I don't get is why all these little kids want to come into my thread crying about me crying about a BCM logo. Why on earth waste a few minutes of your life to write something that not only shows you didn't read and comprehend what the thread was about, but that you're narcissistic enough to believe that any of us give a shit what you think.

The real losers are the guys like this:

http://i.imgur.com/m0rVvj8.jpg

Who base their coolness on what brand their AR is. You fall into that group. I'm okay with that though, because I love BCM products and fools like you buying their products keep their volume up and prices down.

I can't help but laugh at you saying you wouldn't buy another BCM BCG if they removed their logo.

Who is the real crybaby here? The guy asking for advice on how to complete a project, or the guy whining on the internet to people that want their gun to look a certain way while simultaneously saying they wouldn't buy the exact same product if their gun didn't look a certain way?

HA! I'm not little and I sure as hell ain't a kid. I'm not a fool either. I would bet all of my ARs I have way more trigger time than you and I've shot more ammo through ARs than you ever will even if you lived to be 100. So GFY ya POS. You're just another loser who spends all his time on a forum typing while people like me actually shoot. I'm done with these forums so they can ban me, I don't care. I was shooting ARs long before there was an internet FOAD