PDA

View Full Version : PSA. Lost packages.

Caeser25
11-22-14, 13:35
PSA. In regards to lost packages, stolen packages, tracking that says delivered but you were there all day and the truck never stopped, containing firearm parts, scopes and ammo, I have found that if you mention having to call the ATF, packages get found real quick. You might be pushing your luck with scopes but it's worth a shot. I had to do it once with ammo and my buddy had to do it today. Shippers don't like to hear those tree letters and you get results real quick.

SpeedRacer
11-22-14, 14:19
Yep, we've been dealing with a lot of that lately. We've all but eliminated the issue by switching to shipping via USPS. UPS is TERRIBLE about the number of "lost" packages, and their response in doing anything about it.

Hmac
11-22-14, 14:21
Interesting tactic and certainly worth a try I guess, but if I was the guy from the carrier that was taking the call, I'd wonder why you think you'd have to call the ATF for a shipment that wasn't a firearm.

SteyrAUG
11-22-14, 14:48
Yep, we've been dealing with a lot of that lately. We've all but eliminated the issue by switching to shipping via USPS. UPS is TERRIBLE about the number of "lost" packages, and their response in doing anything about it.

FedEx Ground is much worse.

Dead Man
11-22-14, 15:05
Interesting tactic and certainly worth a try I guess, but if I was the guy from the carrier that was taking the call, I'd wonder why you think you'd have to call the ATF for a shipment that wasn't a firearm.

If I was the guy taking the call, I'd wonder why on earth he thought I cared.

$11.23/hour doesn't buy give-a-damn.

Flankenstein
11-22-14, 15:16
If I was the guy taking the call, I'd wonder why on earth he thought I cared.

$11.23/hour doesn't buy give-a-damn.

LOL....my thoughts exactly. I guess you could get up to a supervisor or what not and they might start to care. Who knows?

Hmac
11-22-14, 15:20
I don't know...a couple of months ago I filed a claim with UPS about a package that was marked "delivered" but we never received. I had customer service people calling me every couple of days for about 2 weeks before they finally just shrugged and said "OK". My approach was to just tell them never mind...I was having the credit card company issue a chargeback. I don't now how that ultimately would have played out, but it immediately escalated the intensity of their "investigation" because now the retailer had skin in the game and they certainly have more clout with UPS than I do, and are far more likely to be able to talk to someone farther up the chain at UPS who does give a damn.

Caeser25
11-22-14, 19:03

I figured I'd give it a shot and it worked. Same with my friend. BATFE only, might, give damn if it was ammo, maybe not.

Don Robison
11-22-14, 19:14
I don't know...a couple of months ago I filed a claim with UPS about a package that was marked "delivered" but we never received. I had customer service people calling me every couple of days for about 2 weeks before they finally just shrugged and said "OK". My approach was to just tell them never mind...I was having the credit card company issue a chargeback. I don't now how that ultimately would have played out, but it immediately escalated the intensity of their "investigation" because now the retailer had skin in the game and they certainly have more clout with UPS than I do, and are far more likely to be able to talk to someone farther up the chain at UPS who does give a damn.

That has been my way of handling it as well.
Around here Fedex couldn't find their ass with both hands, a map and GPS coordinates, UPS is decent with one of our drivers and the other I'm surprised he can walk and breath at the same time. USPS I never have any issues.

J-Dub
11-22-14, 19:40
Hmmm just the opposite with me. I'll ship UPS all day every day....I hate USPS

SOWT
11-24-14, 09:08
I figured I'd give it a shot and it worked. Same with my friend. BATFE only, might, give damn if it was ammo, maybe not.

Had the same issue when my 700 was coming back from Remington.
Had to drop the "I need to call the ATF" card, rifle was delivered that afternoon.

Alpha Sierra
11-24-14, 09:42
if I was the guy from the carrier that was taking the call, I'd wonder why you think you'd have to call the ATF for a shipment that wasn't a firearm.
A) You don't drop the ATF card on the first schmuck that answers. You get a supervisor for that.
B) What are the odds a sup is going to call your ATF bluff? Between slim and none.