PDA

View Full Version : Troy Front Flip Up

blkexp98
06-25-08, 11:01
I am looking into a front sight and was going to get a Troy. The thing is im torn between the M4 and the HK style. I am partial to the Hk but dont have any first hand experience with the part. I read that it tends to make you center on the circle vs the front sight post. How big of an issue is this and is there a good workaround for it? I did hear that they have updated the HK sight with the ar front sight post so maybe they tweaked the ear space as well.

Does anyone have a picture of the sight picture through their setup so i could see how each looks?

VA Dinger: I saw your post in the manufacturer forum. Were you ever able to get that picture of the modified ears?

TDrift
06-26-08, 12:14
I have both front and rear sights by Troy. Although I prefer HK style, mine is M4 style just because I order handguards flip sights and whole bunch ordered from LaRue and they did not carry HK style at that time.
I prefer HK style because it seems to me easier to sight.

blkexp98
06-27-08, 00:39
It may just be how it looks in the pictures but the M4 style looks thick for lack of a better term. What i mean is the wings are thick which is a good for ruggedness but it seems like all that would give you a worse sight picture than the HK style.

To me, in pictures, the HK style looks like you would have a better overall view downrange since the ears are thinner. It thankfully has an open top so that should help with not trying to center the circle instead of the post.

BTW. Sorry about the poll showing names. That isnt what i thought that option did so mods if you can feel free to disable showing the names of voters.