PDA

View Full Version : Scorpion Evo pistol!!!

VIP3R 237
11-24-14, 11:53
http://nrasharp.com/gear/cz-scorpion-evo-3-a1-review/

I didn't know they were bringing this to the U.S. At only a $849 msrp, and mags under $20 this may kill the mpx.

buckshot1220
11-24-14, 15:51
Didn't read the entire article, but it looks like fun!

Is the grip replaceable? Not only is the grip hideous, but it looks like sweaty palms would be sliding all over the place.

glock21xxx
11-24-14, 17:22
http://nrasharp.com/gear/cz-scorpion-evo-3-a1-review/

I didn't know they were bringing this to the U.S. At only a $849 msrp, and mags under $20 this may kill the mpx.

Whoa I just found my next form 1 gun

jpmuscle
11-24-14, 17:31
Op is the msrp 849 or 1849$ like it says in the article. One or the other is a misprint I'm guessing.

glock21xxx
11-24-14, 17:35
Op is the msrp 849 or 1849$ like it says in the article. One or the other is a misprint I'm guessing.

CZ site says $849

HardToHandle
11-24-14, 22:30
Affordable price
CZ likely to offer support
Promo video makes it look like controllable blowback

Only downside is the EVO seems to have a Call of Duty fanboy thing going on.
Very interested in the SIG brace version for non SBR states.

jpmuscle
11-24-14, 22:33
CZ site says $849
Gotcha.

At that at price I'm definitely in for one.

B Cart
11-24-14, 23:30
If it really comes in under $850, and is compatible with the sig brace, that is a no brainer

teutonicpolymer
11-25-14, 00:06
Seems neat

Sort of competes with the UZI pro it seems

Vgex2
11-25-14, 00:09
If it's $849, I will be getting one with a brace for sure.

nimdabew
11-25-14, 01:44
I am curious if putting a stock on it would require 922 compliance or if it will be branded as made in the USA through CZ-usa. If CZ-USA, then awesome! If not, then I will wait until aftermarket support is higher and then I will have my "sub gun" that I have always wanted. Practical? If it is a side folding, telescopic, it would be my new truck gun along with a mess of 30 round magazines.

ETA: Would engraving the polymer receiver be good enough for SBR engraving purposes? I have seen the following phrase "in a manner not susceptible of being readily obliterated, altered, or removed" but in reference to the serial number alone. Trust info can go anywhere on the pistol as long as it is 1/16" high and .003" deep as far as I know.

High Tower
11-25-14, 09:39
To be able to kill the MPX, the only thing they have to do is make them available for sale. Something which Sig is apparently unable to do.

WickedWillis
11-25-14, 12:13
With an MSRP that low, and if the magazines are really priced that way this gun might be a complete no-brainer. What a fantastic move by CZ. I cannot wait to see more on this.

Psalms144.1
11-25-14, 16:04
I absolutely don't NEED this pistol, but at that price point - figure out the door under a grand with Sig brace and a pile of magazines, I HAVE TO have one, and I will. If it proves to be reliable and 100 yard accurate, I just found my HD carbine, and the SHTF carbine for SWMBO or my 16 yo boy...

SteveL
11-25-14, 18:25
I am curious if putting a stock on it would require 922 compliance or if it will be branded as made in the USA through CZ-usa. If CZ-USA, then awesome! If not, then I will wait until aftermarket support is higher and then I will have my "sub gun" that I have always wanted. Practical? If it is a side folding, telescopic, it would be my new truck gun along with a mess of 30 round magazines.

I'm curious about this as well. If it can be readily converted to an SBR without going too far above and beyond the usual red tape then I'm in for sure.

lunchbox
11-25-14, 18:37
I'm pretty sure it will have to be 922 compliant if converted. But with parts used to convert pistol to SBR will help, I'm planning on doing this.

sadmin
11-25-14, 18:44
Where is the order list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jandbj
11-25-14, 20:31
Ok with the sig brace... Awesome if they make the smg stock available to sbr this properly!

4DAIVI PAI2K5
11-25-14, 20:44
That is awesome.

nimdabew
11-25-14, 23:33
Ok with the sig brace... Awesome if they make the smg stock available to sbr this properly!

The are available, I just don't know where to source one if they are even available at this point.

Omega Man
11-26-14, 00:52
Sig is coming out with something like this.

nimdabew
11-26-14, 01:06
Sig is coming out with something like this.

IB1795msrpand$40mags. I will eat crow if it is sub 1000 like the scorpion. The delayed blowback would be nice for suppressed guns.

VIP3R 237
11-26-14, 01:52
IB1795msrpand$40mags. I will eat crow if it is sub 1000 like the scorpion. The delayed blowback would be nice for suppressed guns.

Actually the Sig MPX starts at $1299 and $70 mags... That's why I'll go with the Cz plus a tax stamp and a 10 mags with $ left over.

nimdabew
11-26-14, 01:55
Actually the Sig MPX starts at $1299 and $70 mags... That's why I'll go with the Cz plus a tax stamp and a 10 mags with $ left over.

This. CZ makes great guns.

TACAV
11-28-14, 15:45
I'm excited over this, I saw this when it first came out and was hopeing/waiting for it to be brought to the US Market.... Definitely gonna give a the MPX a run for it's money me thinks.

Noodles
11-28-14, 19:59
With as much emphasis as Sig is putting into suppprrssors, I doubt the piston driven MPX will suck, but it's tough to beat straight blowback (see Uzi, MACs, Sten, etc) when it come to just running.

MPX has a ton more modularity. But my concern is SIG will drop the barrel and try and mark up the barrel assemblies too much (each barrel assembly has the entire gas system attached).

The EVO seems as simple as can be, which is great. It looks like a as has everything the HK UMP should have been, including cheap as dirt. But we'll have to wait and see 1:1 comparisons for real aspects like performance.

$875 msrp seems prefect!!! But if it's a dog, I'll pay 2.5x for a loaded SIG if it's the better gun.

jpmuscle
11-28-14, 20:40
Question. Regarding the evo is the robustness there to consider it a serious use weapon? For some reason I can't get the notion of range toy out of my mind. And I have no empirical knowledge to support that.

Flame me if neccesary lol

Mr blasty
11-28-14, 20:56
Question. Regarding the evo is the robustness there to consider it a serious use weapon? For some reason I can't get the notion of range toy out of my mind. And I have no empirical knowledge to support that.

Considering it's lineage I'd assume that it would.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Noodles
11-28-14, 21:55

We don't know. CZ doesn't seem to make joke weapons, as where I would argue some other popular guns out there are clearly range toys (keltec) or cheap. The EVO III seems to have been made for actual police and mil use. It's virtues imo are that its blowback, cheap, and has a modern modular design. Not nearly as modular as the SIG which even takes an AR trigger group, but still.

For me, this is a wait and see. They could have the stocks incompatible with the pistol versions by design, maybe the grip sucks, or the controls, perhaps the gun gets over gassed easily, or because it's a very light blowback gun it recoils a lot.

B&T say they are also bringing the APC9 to market, which is very similar to the CZ. The Siaga9 if it ever came here also very similar in function. The SIG is bringing something new to the market. But just like the CZ, we don't know how any of these actually are.