PDA

View Full Version : Fobus Standard Holster RH Paddle is good?

alamat
11-24-14, 15:44
I'm interesting with Fobus Standard Holster RH Paddle on amazon, I've read many reviews, but I still not satisfied with it.
Anyone can give me more reviews?
I saw it here http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00169X7AO/
and also need an advise
thanks
http://tralalatrilili.ml/10/f.png

wildcard600
11-24-14, 16:13
A fobus will hold your gun, but they are cheap flimsy and easy to break. i am not a fan of kydex though, even the heavy duty ones.

get a fitted leather or quality nylon hoslter (eg Bianchi).

IMHO

SteveL
11-24-14, 16:23
I've had a couple of Fobus holsters that were older models. There's nothing great about them and I wouldn't buy another one. If you want a paddle holster with little to no wait time check out Safariland. If you have time to wait then look at PerSec or Raven Concealment. They cost more, but you get what you pay for.

LightningFast
11-24-14, 16:38
Skip Fobus.

Kain
11-24-14, 17:02
Unless you can find no other holster for the gun you are looking for then there are better options. I have one for a Ruger P89, because it was cheap and I just wanted a range holster for the gun. Safariland holsters can be had for about $40 new and are much better made, even in regards to paddle holsters as well as gicing you the option to change the mount type.

Backroad
11-24-14, 20:07
I'll take exception to these comments. I own a FOBUS for each of the 6 .45s that I own. They're easy to put on/off, hold the gun securely and close to the body, and I haven't had a problem with any of them, including the one I use most often for concealed carry.

al

Big A
11-24-14, 20:58
Nope...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rv49aDzdgc

MegademiC
11-24-14, 21:19
I used a fobus for a short period. I got a safariland for $20 more and it beats the crap out of a fobus.

Don't waste your hard earned money on that crap and get a real holster. Its twenty bucks.

Kain
11-24-14, 22:20
I used a fobus for a short period. I got a safariland for $20 more and it beats the crap out of a fobus.

Don't waste your hard earned money on that crap and get a real holster. Its twenty bucks.

Indeed. And also remember, with the holiday sales coming on you might be able to grab one for a few dollars more. Why not spend $10 or even the $20 for a holster that is going to be better made, and depending on retention offer you the ability to go from paddle, to belt, to mounting to other gear. Fobus you are stuck pretty much with whatever it is from the factory is for a lot of their holsters.

Psalms144.1
11-25-14, 16:24
I cringe whenever I see agents in my squad show up on the range with Fobus holsters. I've done the "rip the holster off the paddle" demonstration a couple of times to prove the point, but folks still work on the "it won't happen to me" (the gun grab) and the unspoken but even more pressing "I'm too cheap to buy a decent holster."

As stated above, a Safariland ALS - equipped paddle holster is MUCH more secure and makes a perfectly good range holster. For concealed carry, for my body and carry style, there's NO paddle holster that doesn't look like a colostomy bag on my belt.

Backroad
11-25-14, 18:44
Possible, but a very unlikely event for an individual exercising CONCEALED carry.

al

Psalms144.1
11-25-14, 18:50
al - I hate to tell you, but anyone who knows what he's looking for can spot a "concealed" Fobus paddle holster pretty easily - except under the heaviest covering garments...

Backroad
11-25-14, 19:43
Disagree. And then we can let this rest. Over the years, I've been thru Galco, Milt Sparks, Safariland, DeSantis and Crossbreed. The Crossbreeds I still have. I'm 71 years old, 5'11" tall and 180lbs (on a good day). These holsters work for me. It may be the way I'm shaped or what I normally wear, but I've not been "made" yet. And now that I'm retired, I no longer give a crap. :)

al

MegademiC
11-25-14, 21:21
Disagree. And then we can let this rest. Over the years, I've been thru Galco, Milt Sparks, Safariland, DeSantis and Crossbreed. The Crossbreeds I still have. I'm 71 years old, 5'11" tall and 180lbs (on a good day). These holsters work for me. It may be the way I'm shaped or what I normally wear, but I've not been "made" yet. And now that I'm retired, I no longer give a crap. :)

al

You have used all those and go back to fobus?

I use my als for range/competition use, and in the winter with a jacket on rare occasion. My MP40FS lives in a Raven VG2 for CC. The draw on the fobus alone makes them a no-go IMO.

samuse
11-26-14, 08:35
I usually carry a 5" in a Crossbreed. If carrying OWB, I use a newer Raven Phantom with the plastic belt loops and thicker kydex.

I also have a forward cant Fobus paddle that I let people borrow, and use on occasion myself since it's easy on/off. For a $20 bill, it ain't bad at all. Yeah, they're easy to twist off, but they're comfortable, and it rides pretty high and tight.

I would recommend it for a cheap holster.

Backroad
11-26-14, 19:08
You have used all those and go back to fobus?

I use my als for range/competition use, and in the winter with a jacket on rare occasion. My MP40FS lives in a Raven VG2 for CC. The draw on the fobus alone makes them a no-go IMO.

I've used all of those over several years. Then I ordered a FOBUS and haven't ordered anything else since. Listen, we all have a dresser drawer full of old holsters we've ordered over time, trying to figure out what works best for us. The FOBUS works for me, but I'll agree that their straight up, aggressive draw requirement might not be the best for competition.... Incidentally, I'm all in for the FOBUS standard paddle. I ordered one of the adjustable can't ones and didn't like it - the mechanism had a tendency to hold the holster too far out from your body.

al

MegademiC
11-26-14, 19:50
I've used a comptac, raven vanguard and vg2, a fobus, and the safariland. The comptac went with a gun ino longer have. I threw the fobus away. To each his own I guess.

The fobus rough draw is not good for anything. The lack of cant is probably the only good thing about it for competitions.

moonshot
11-27-14, 12:19
I've carried a j-frame and a baby Glock in a Fobus ankle rig. Works quite well, is supprisingly comfortable, and I have not heard of any issues with them. However, I would not use a Fobus paddle holster if you paid me. I've seen that weapon snatch made more than once. Not sure I would use any paddle holster, for much the same reason.