PDA

View Full Version : Trouble installing Unity VFG

theGOLDENchild
11-25-14, 09:31
I may just be an idiot and not installing it correctly (as I'm new to the keymod system) but I cannot get the vfg to install. I'm installing it on a SLR Rifleworks Solo Lite rail. The recoil lug (screw head) hits the rail so I can't slide the vfg all the forward. Everything just gets bound up. I've loosened the keymod nut as far as I can without it freewheeling. Before I take a dremel to the "recoil lug" to shorten it a bit, I thought I'd ask for help and make sure I'm doing everything correctly. Here's a pic of how I have the vfg setup.

GH41
11-25-14, 09:57
Loosen the screw some more. The nut won't spin when engaged in the rail slot. The top of the vfg doesn't look like it will bottom out on the rail. Probably why you are warned not to tighten over 10-15 INCH lbs.

theGOLDENchild
11-25-14, 10:47
I figured I was looking at it wrong. Makes sense that it won't spin when engaged in the slot. I didn't even think of that. I'll try it at lunch. Thank you.

kpinole
11-25-14, 14:41
On my rifle, the Unity VFG takes up 2 keymod slots. The recoil lug is in the front large portion, and the keymod nut was slid into the smaller portion of the rear keymod slot and tightened down.