PDA

View Full Version : Battery Storage in Stock Question

TF82
11-26-14, 02:45
I did a search and couldn't come up with anything so this is probably a really stupid question. I recently decided it would probably be pretty convenient to actually use the battery storage on my stock but I've also realized that I really don't know all that much about batteries. I've pretty much just always stored batteries in their packages and I was wondering if anyone knows of any possible issues from storing CR123s in line in an STR stock. For example, do they need to be stored positive to negative or should there be something placed in between each battery or am I just way over thinking this at 3:45 AM? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Airhasz
11-26-14, 03:21
I would insulate them from each other with electrical tape or something. At the very least you don't want to drain them dead.

nimdabew
11-26-14, 03:38
How would they complete a circuit in a plastic stock? Do some research about how electricity works and then ask yourself again if you need to isolate the cells from each other.

TF82
11-26-14, 04:09
Thanks guys. I get that there can't be a completed circuit, but wasn't sure if contact could cause some type of corrosion or something.

andrew04
11-26-14, 04:10
Don't worry about that, as mentioned there is no circuit to drain them.

MegademiC
11-26-14, 05:24
Thanks guys. I get that there can't be a completed circuit, but wasn't sure if contact could cause some type of corrosion or something.

Nope. A leaking battery is the result of a defective cell. This is much less common with Lithium batteries, so I wouldn't worry about it.

markm
11-26-14, 07:02
I space mine out with foam earplugs. Because then... you have ear pro in the gun too... and it adds some shock absorbing and stabilization to the battreeze.

docsherm
11-26-14, 10:14
I space mine out with foam earplugs. Because then... you have ear pro in the gun too... and it adds some shock absorbing and stabilization to the battreeze.

I do half earplugs, mainly so I don't get any rattle from the batteries. I it also protects them them a bit.

Kain
11-26-14, 10:53
Use ear plugs to prevent rattle in my ACS when I carry cr123s in it. Keep other plugs in the stock for when I forget mine. Have had no issue from the batteries for the several years now that I have been, and others I know, have been keeping cr123s in those tubes. Even including one friend who forgot that they were in there for a time.

tuck
11-28-14, 10:40

I use pieces of cotton balls to separate and cushion the batteries. Foam ear plugs are a good idea. I'll have to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk