PDA

View Full Version : A1 handguard weight

Junkie
11-26-14, 16:38
I just got a set of A1 handguards from Numrich and the right handguard weighs 5.9oz while the left weighs 4.7oz. Are they typically that different? I only put them on a scale because I noticed the right side felt heavier.

Wallace's
11-29-14, 20:52
Mine are the same way. Not sure what causes the weight difference as the outer appearance of the handguards and heat shields look the same??

ClassIIIGunsmith
12-01-14, 06:20
I just got a set of A1 handguards from Numrich and the right handguard weighs 5.9oz while the left weighs 4.7oz. Are they typically that different? I only put them on a scale because I noticed the right side felt heavier.

Mine are the same way. Not sure what causes the weight difference as the outer appearance of the handguards and heat shields look the same??

Well it depends on the brand because all 3 sets of my colt factory hand guards weight about 5.63oz (+/- .01oz) per side (using a triple beam balance).So what your saying is that you bought crappy aftermarket or some demilled factory ones. Their is a difference between colt and poor quality/ spare GOV surplus. But it won't affect your shooting one bit unless your OCD about balance.

Wallace's
12-01-14, 07:04
Well it depends on the brand because all 3 sets of my colt factory hand guards weight about 5.63oz (+/- .01oz) per side (using a triple beam balance).So what your saying is that you bought crappy aftermarket or some demilled factory ones. Their is a difference between colt and poor quality/ spare GOV surplus. But it won't affect your shooting one bit unless your OCD about balance.

Not sure. Mine are SP1 takeoffs, or so I was told. They appear to be made descent, just have a weight difference per side.

ClassIIIGunsmith
12-01-14, 14:01
Not sure. Mine are SP1 takeoffs, or so I was told. They appear to be made descent, just have a weight difference per side.

Thats the one problem colt did cause. Theirs no true way to proof the furniture so unless you bought the rifle originally and are the original owner then you can never know.