PDA

View Full Version : g26 holster

bubba04
11-28-14, 13:33
I have been carrying my G26 in an OWB kydex holster from persec. I am looking for something IWB. Anyone have any reccomendations? I am thinking about a versa max 2, but thats kinda on the high end of my budget.

thanks.

LightningFast
11-28-14, 13:36
Strong side or appendix? Leather or kydex? What's your build? What's your budget?

bubba04
11-28-14, 13:38
strong side, I prefer to carry somewhere between 2-4 depending on clothes. Dont have a preference either kydex or leather. Budget is about 150.

Its just a standard glock 26.

GotAmmo
11-28-14, 13:40
BladeTech Nano... cost about 60 bucks but worth it in my eyes. That's what I used when I carried a G27

LightningFast
11-28-14, 13:51
strong side, I prefer to carry somewhere between 2-4 depending on clothes. Dont have a preference either kydex or leather. Budget is about 150.

Its just a standard glock 26.

Kydex: Dark Star Gear or JM Custom. both should leave plenty leftover for you.

Leather: tons of options. JRC, 5 Shot, Milt Sparks, etc

SeriousStudent
11-28-14, 14:52
Kydex: Dark Star Gear or JM Custom. both should leave plenty leftover for you.

Leather: tons of options. JRC, 5 Shot, Milt Sparks, etc

These are excellent choices. I've also been a fan of Raven Concealment for a long time. Most of my OWB stuff is either Raven or Dark Star.

If I recall correctly, JRC is having a holiday sale, and including a free mag pouch if you buy a holster.

TXBK
11-28-14, 15:13
I carry a G26 or G19 AIWB in a Raven Vanguard 2 when I have to. My preference is OWB in a Raven Phantom. CrossBreed makes a very comfortable IWB holster.

bubba04
11-28-14, 15:14
I wonder if there is a difference between the persec OWB holsters and raven?

July4th
11-28-14, 15:15
I prefer leather for IWB. Since being turned on to Milt Sparks I haven't looked back. I prefer their Summer Special. I EDC my G19 during the summer with it and can't find one bad thing to say about it. If you go with a Milt Sparks be prepared for a wait, last I checked they only had 5 employees.

bubba04
11-28-14, 15:19
I prefer leather for IWB. Since being turned on to Milt Sparks I haven't looked back. I prefer their Summer Special. I EDC my G19 during the summer with it and can't find one bad thing to say about it. If you go with a Milt Sparks be prepared for a wait, last I checked they only had 5 employees.

how thick is your summer special with your g19? My concern about that holster is it would be think with were the belt loops are?

p..
11-28-14, 16:59
I tried 4 other holsters before a Galco King Tuk, and for IWB I've settled on that. It was the first IWB hybrid holster I tried and I see why so many people like this type. I think the name is somewhat misleading as I can't tuck in a shirt without it being plainly obvious that I'm carrying. I'm medium build, and any kind of fitted shirt bunches up where I tuck it in around the holster. But with an untucked shirt or any kind of jacket or vest, it's fine. They're in stock and just under $60 with shipping from Midway at the moment.

For day to day use, the only drawback is it's basically impossible to draw with any kind of speed while seated in a car with the seatbelt on.

cunroe
11-28-14, 21:04
I’ve been running my G26 in a Ritchie Leather Hideaway for some time, a big foot-print, low-ride, utilitarian design with moderate cant which I prefer. Paired with a Ritchie mag carrier and a quality belt it’s a stable, leather IWB that ‘just works’ for my body-type and civilian carry needs. I’m eying up a TT Slim XC though and if I can get that style built with less cant without compromising the design I might give one a try. Just sold two VM II’s, they’re works of art but ride way too high for me with Glock and HK platforms.
You could have any of these maker’s or many other great choices, leather or Kydex, and stay under your budget cap.

JoePike
11-28-14, 21:34
For IWB I use PJ Holsters with the clip on loop. I use them for Kahr PM9, G19, g30, SP101, 4" 1911, and my new EDC the VP9. I love how thin they are as well as easy on/off. The hybrid type never grew on me.

July4th
11-29-14, 16:45
how thick is your summer special with your g19? My concern about that holster is it would be think with were the belt loops are?
I don't think it's too thick, although kydex would be thinner but not as comfortable because it doesn't have any give. YMMV.

bubba04
11-29-14, 20:15
Where do you where it 3-4?

Rohardi
11-29-14, 21:03
I carry a G26 or G19 AIWB in a Raven Vanguard 2 when I have to. My preference is OWB in a Raven Phantom. CrossBreed makes a very comfortable IWB holster.

What he said. G26 and G19 in the VG2 or Raven Phantom.

bubba04
11-29-14, 21:16
What he said. G26 and G19 in the VG2 or Raven Phantom.

I use to run the VG2, but have moved away from appendix carry. I ran it last night at about 2.5 but felt the gun shift more than I would like.

I am tempted to pick up a phantom and compare it to my holster from persec.

Rohardi
11-29-14, 21:26
I've only used the Phantom for OWB carry. I was thinking about picking up a Raven IWB holster to get a little more stabilization over the VG2.

bubba04
11-29-14, 21:28
I've only used the Phantom for OWB carry. I was thinking about picking up a Raven IWB holster to get a little more stabilization over the VG2.

You thinking the ACR?

Rohardi
11-29-14, 22:02
You thinking the ACR?

Yes sir. Thoughts or experiences with it?

LightningFast
11-29-14, 22:12
Yes sir. Thoughts or experiences with it?

The ACR is terrible IMO. AIWB holsters have come a long way since then, and numerous better options are available.

teutonicpolymer
11-29-14, 23:37
I am a big fan of the Aliengear IWB holster. It is great compared to holsters several times its cost, and it only costs $30 (last I checked). It is just an excellent hybrid kydex/leather IWB holster and even better, it has steel belt clips which are lacking on numerous more expensive holsters. The belt clips are what make it my favorite IWB holster.

July4th
11-30-14, 00:25
Where do you where it 3-4?
4:30. I really like how it has one way snaps too. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/29/e213af6ab24b4c962c3c605e15ad6a63.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/29/4338ca7ad0c1a4bb30509c8bf0d25a0a.jpg

VeeDubbinJetta91
12-01-14, 19:28
The ACR is terrible IMO. AIWB holsters have come a long way since then, and numerous better options are available.

I run the ACR with my G19 and love it, however its the only AIWB I have ever used. What would you recommend as a much better option? I would love to look into something for my G26.

Nightstalker865
12-01-14, 19:43
I've been running a IWB from Prepared Solutions for the past month and have been really happy with it. They have a ton of different color and pattern options for the Kydex too. Kind of nice to be able to design your own as well. They are a veteran owned business and seem to put a lot of pride into their product.

http://www.prepared-solutions.com

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/01/45c0aa0951c3c05d602b3edea8c776bb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXBK
12-01-14, 19:57
A leather IWB holster's inability to hold its shape for reholster is what has kept me away from them. IMO, the VG2 or a hybrid(leather-backed kydex) is the way to go. The VG2 restricts reholster, but is cheap and minimal in size. A hybrid such as Crossbreed is expensive, but allows for reholster and a bit of comfort. OWB is the only type of carry that is comfortable for me, and that's only most of the time.

Surratt95
12-01-14, 22:19
BLADETECH all in one IWB. Fits my 26 perfectly, but you can use it still if you upgrade to a 19, 17, etc.
http://shop.blade-tech.com/index.php?cPath=1_13_15&osCsid=f410k9d7i7haeaupmuufddpkc2#.VH0tGtJ0zcs

thatpanda
12-02-14, 00:28
Over the years I've found that holster selection is a very personal thing. We all have different body types, preferences, opinions, etc, what one person may love might drive another person crazy. One thing that most knowledgeable shooters would agree on is that quality really matters, as the saying goes you get what you pay for. For iwb carry I personally like leather (kydex iwb drives me nuts) at 2:30-3:00 in a winged pancake style holster a la the milt sparks versamax 2. I don't use the vm2 anymore since I think it rides too high and is a little on the thick side, but that's the style of holster I prefer. Quality gunleather should be stiff, as in almost as stiff as kydex which will allow them to keep shape for reholstering even without a reinforced mouth. Quality leather will take time to break in but will eventually mold to your body while still keeping its stiffness for years. Crap mass produced leather is generally flimsy as you would expect regular leather (not gunleather) to be. My two favorite holster companies are TT Gunleather (slim mikes special), and Milt Sparks (nexus), both make outstanding examples of what real quality gunleather should be. Over the years I've literally purchased dozens of holsters ranging from $20-$200+. Now a days I stick only to custom for all my leather gear, as in I will never buy another galco or desantis product again. That money would be better spent saving towards a tt gunleather, sparks, or kramer holster. There is no comparison IMHO.

Based on experience I can usually look at a holster now and know whether or not it will work for me. Some pointers are, the more depth the easier it is to conceal but harder to draw. The more cant the holster has the easier it is to conceal, but again harder to draw. A reinforced mouth will be easier to reholster, but a non reinforced mouth can still be holstered easily, just not as easily. A reinforced mouth will also add thickness which to me is the enemy of concealment. I generally prefer iwb holsters without a reinforced mouth, with about a 12-15 degrees of cant, and a depth of about a 1/2 inch from the grip to the pant line (generally the maximum depth). That's what works for me. You need to find that happy medium of belt loop location, cant, depth, ease of draw, and carry location that works for your body. This will most likely end up in a trial and error process which is why most of us that carry end up with a crap load of holsters. The best advice I can give is spend the money and buy quality, anything you don't like you should be able to sell in a heartbeat for a g26 since it's such a popular gun. I've wasted hundreds if not thousands of dollars buying crap gear that I don't use anymore that I could have avoided if I knew then what I know now.

July4th
12-03-14, 14:19
A leather IWB holster's inability to hold its shape for reholster is what has kept me away from them. IMO, the VG2 or a hybrid(leather-backed kydex) is the way to go. The VG2 restricts reholster, but is cheap and minimal in size. A hybrid such as Crossbreed is expensive, but allows for reholster and a bit of comfort. OWB is the only type of carry that is comfortable for me, and that's only most of the time.
The MS Summer Special has a metal reinforced mouth so you can reholster one handed. Good point bringing that up, most IWBs I've seen don't have that feature.