PDA

View Full Version : My FAR-50 Mk-II .50 BMG

orkan
06-25-08, 17:37
Finally finished building my first .50 BMG.

http://www.gregd.net/pics/guns/50_BMG/bohica8.jpg

Parts list to follow:

24" Bohica Arms FAR-50 Mark-II upper
Burris Extreme Tactical rings
Super Sniper 16x optic (wanted to pinch penny's on this build)
Jard trigger group with heavy hammer (2.5lb and crisp!)
DPMS tactical grip
Magpul PRS stock
Sun Devil lower

I have about 75rnds through it total. Friggin awesome! Something to be said about the power of a .50BMG. Accurate too. I was banging 11" gongs at 500yds without issue using Igman '07 Ball ammo. This is my first .50, so I wasn't really concerned with being able to compete at 1000yds... just wanted to make some noise. I was pleasantly suprised to find how accurate it is! Its one tough rifle and I absolutely love shooting it.

The hardest part is keeping enough ammo around!

I'm glad I found this board. Wasted half the day cruising around checking out peoples guns. :)

MustangO3
06-26-08, 08:58
Hey Orkan,
After following the thread on BOHICA I signed up here too. I'm kinda sick of all the BS on ARF as well, so here I am. Looks like a good site. Oh yea, in keeping with the topic, here's mine:

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/IMGA1323.JPG

orkan
06-26-08, 09:05
Howdy. :)

I've always thought you did some neat mods there! Most people wouldnt have the balls to start welding on a new .50 BMG!

MustangO3
06-26-08, 09:28
That's one way to describe it, but I have certainly been called much worse for doing what I did. Unfortunately, I am sitting in Iraq right now and didn't get a chance to test fire it on the mount. Maybe when I get back this winter I'll know.......

gishooter
06-27-08, 11:29
Rifle looks great, pinching pennies or not the SS scopes are great glass I have shot them right after shooting Leupold's. Very hard to tell the difference, I run one on my .308. Great Job

ZDL
06-27-08, 17:40
That thing is insane. Nice work.

warpigM-4
06-27-08, 19:06
outstanding !!!!!!!!THAT IS SOME KIND OF SEXY:D