PDA

View Full Version : WTF? American Spirit Arms

red_star_republic
11-28-14, 23:48
I recently ordered a A2 upper receiver with M4 feed ramps from American Spirit Arms.

This is what I ordered:*http://www.americanspiritarms.com/up...pper-receiver/

Today I received a RRA a2 upper with no feed ramps? Needless to say I'm not happy.

Does anyone have any experience purchasing from this company? This kind of derailed my A2 build. Any suggestions on a barrel? I was trying to do a Colt 7xx /6xx clone build

kwelz
11-29-14, 00:13
Seem to remember them being pretty reviled. Also the page you linked is dead.

Iraqgunz
11-29-14, 00:18
I'm guessing this is it? Strangely enough they confirmed to me in an email, they were indeed correct. ASA is local to me and I have seen their handywork....

http://www.americanspiritarms.com/upper-receivers/asa-a2-ar-15-m4-upper-receiver/

William,
They do have M4 feed ramps. They do not feature any markings other than the forging mark. At this time the A2 uppers are on back order. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

red_star_republic
11-29-14, 01:39
I'm guessing this is it? Strangely enough they confirmed to me in an email, they were indeed correct. ASA is local to me and I have seen their handywork....

http://www.americanspiritarms.com/upper-receivers/asa-a2-ar-15-m4-upper-receiver/

William,
They do have M4 feed ramps. They do not feature any markings other than the forging mark. At this time the A2 uppers are on back order. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

I got a similar email. I just can't figure out why the hell they'd send me a Rock River Arms upper?

red_star_republic
11-29-14, 02:24
Seem to remember them being pretty reviled. Also the page you linked is dead.

Yeah I'm not on AR15.com but I noticed they had a page.

Iraqgunz
11-29-14, 05:00
I can. They don't make the uppers. They purchase them from RRA and the person answering emails/phones do not actually know their own products. This is pretty common place.

I got a similar email. I just can't figure out why the hell they'd send me a Rock River Arms upper?

seb5
11-29-14, 08:34
In years past they generally were thought of as purveyors of low end parts............YMMV. With the cost of parts where they are now those companies have to be hurting.

red_star_republic
11-29-14, 14:28
I can. They don't make the uppers. They purchase them from RRA and the person answering emails/phones do not actually know their own products. This is pretty common place.

So why would they advertise a product they don't have?

Iraqgunz
11-29-14, 15:05
They did have them and you got one, unless I missed something. But, you got the wrong item most likely because ASA doesn't know it's own products.

So why would they advertise a product they don't have?

red_star_republic
11-29-14, 16:22
They did have them and you got one, unless I missed something. But, you got the wrong item most likely because ASA doesn't know it's own products.

I ordered off their website an American Spirit Arms A2 upper with M4 feed ramps. Instead I got a Rock River Arms A2 upper with no M4 feed ramps

MistWolf
11-29-14, 16:55
Have you contacted ASA with your problem? You gotta give them a chance to make it right before passing out the torches and pitchforks

red_star_republic
11-29-14, 17:24
Have you contacted ASA with your problem? You gotta give them a chance to make it right before passing out the torches and pitchforks

Uh ok. I sent an email and called leaving a message already.

Don't you think it's kind of weird they sent a RRA upper? They have nothing on their site that is RRA

Also upon further examination the rear sight is marred/damaged.

Iraqgunz
11-30-14, 00:44
Sorry, I was confused. You are correct it states ASA as the manufacturer. My guess is that they are simply buying stuff from RRA and reselling. When I was at their place a few years back, I do not recall seeing the ability to make lowers and uppers. I may have been wrong. In any case you should call them and get it straight.

I ordered off their website an American Spirit Arms A2 upper with M4 feed ramps. Instead I got a Rock River Arms A2 upper with no M4 feed ramps

Slater
11-30-14, 11:39
In years past, their previous owner (Bob?) had a reputation as a flaming assbag. He's since apparently passed away, but I recall one post on a firearms forum detailing an encounter with him at ASA. Evidently he tried to throw a cash register at a customer.

I believe his daughter (or maybe niece?) is running things there now.

Brianb23
11-30-14, 12:11
Looks like they sell mostly overpriced parts to me. Much better off buying someone like Sionics or Aero precision for the prices they are charging.

MistWolf
12-01-14, 06:28
Uh ok. I sent an email and called leaving a message already.

Don't you think it's kind of weird they sent a RRA upper? They have nothing on their site that is RRA

Also upon further examination the rear sight is marred/damaged.

The rule is you must contact the vendor/manufacturer and give them a chance to respond before posting your problem on the forum

red_star_republic
12-02-14, 10:20
The rule is you must contact the vendor/manufacturer and give them a chance to respond before posting your problem on the forum

Sorry I didn't read "the rule"

BTW they contacted me. They weren't able to explain how I received a RRA upper.

In the end it's my fault for risking buying from a business I didn't do my research on. Sounds like they still can't get right

You don't happen to have stock in ASA?

darr3239
12-02-14, 10:38
You don't happen to have stock in ASA?

Really?? Even the top end companies make mistakes from time to time, since all of them are run by humans. Better to wait and report how they handled your situation, when it comes to a close. Sounds like it hasn't closed yet.

red_star_republic
12-02-14, 18:12
So I received a phone call and was emailed a return shipping label the other day to return my RRA upper for the ASA A2 with M4 feed ramps I had ordered. I was assured over the phone it was a simple mistake and I would get what I had ordered. Threw the label on the box and went down to the Mail Box Store and shipped it back.

I received an email today from a "worker bee" who informed me they ran out of the upper I wanted weeks ago and in order to get A2 receivers back in stock their purchaser was instructed to order A2 receivers from several sources for evaluation. Rock River Arms was one of those sources and somehow that's what I was shipped?

I sent an email back asking if the upper I originally ordered was in stock and was told they do not have an ETA on when they'll have the upper I wanted back in stock - even though their website shows them in stock at this time?

So the product I paid for doesn't exist. Should have gone with my gut and sought out a good used Colt A2

Iraqgunz
12-02-14, 18:33
The problem is that a Colt A2 upper receiver doesn't have M4 feed ramps. I was specifically looking for an A2 styled upper as well with feed ramps which is why I contacted them.

So I received a phone call and was emailed a return shipping label the other day to return my RRA upper for the ASA A2 with M4 feed ramps I had ordered. I was assured over the phone it was a simple mistake and I would get what I had ordered. Threw the label on the box and went down to the Mail Box Store and shipped it back.

I received an email today from a "worker bee" who informed me they ran out of the upper I wanted weeks ago and in order to get A2 receivers back in stock their purchaser was instructed to order A2 receivers from several sources for evaluation. Rock River Arms was one of those sources and somehow that's what I was shipped?

I sent an email back asking if the upper I originally ordered was in stock and was told they do not have an ETA on when they'll have the upper I wanted back in stock - even though their website shows them in stock at this time?

So the product I paid for doesn't exist. Should have gone with my gut and sought out a good used Colt A2

treadwisely
12-03-14, 12:11
Although I read some negative feedback on other forums, I didn't have a problem with my order.

red_star_republic
12-04-14, 22:22
Although I read some negative feedback on other forums, I didn't have a problem with my order.

Did you order a ASA A2 Upper with M4 feed ramps?

treadwisely
12-05-14, 10:41
It was an ASA upper receiver. Trust me, I feel your pain as I have been burned by other dealers. Hopefully they will make it right for you.

red_star_republic
12-07-14, 20:08
It was an ASA upper receiver. Trust me, I feel your pain as I have been burned by other dealers. Hopefully they will make it right for you.

They can't! They're advertising a product they don't have.

So yeah I hope I'd get a refund lol

red_star_republic
12-28-14, 02:12
Still no refund

Iraqgunz
12-28-14, 04:04
How long has it been? How did you pay for it? Did you send it back? Dispute the charge with the bank. That will generate some movement.

Still no refund