PDA

View Full Version : M&P 9mm FS Accuracy

reloader550
11-29-14, 08:15
Are the newer M&P full size 9mm pistols holding better groups at distance(25 to 50 yards) since the changes made to the barrel, trigger, etc? I had a full size 9mm 5years ago accuracy stank, trigger heavy and gritty, thinking of trying another full size 9mm. What say you guys and gals.

C4IGrant
11-29-14, 08:18
Are the newer M&P full size 9mm pistols holding better groups at distance(25 to 50 yards) since the changes made to the barrel, trigger, etc? I had a full size 9mm 5years ago accuracy stank, trigger heavy and gritty, thinking of trying another full size 9mm. What say you guys and gals.

Yes. If you buy from us, we can check the barrel hood to slide fit for you to ensure you are getting a combat accurate pistol.

The new comes come with the PC sear. While not as good as the Apex sear, it is much better. I would still add the Apex USB though as most of the pull weight comes from the overly stiff spring in there.

C4

reloader550
11-29-14, 09:19
Thanks for the reply Grant, a local gun shop has the full size M&P 9mms on sale for 389.99 plus tax, and with the Smith&Wesson offer of a new gun purchase get two extra mags, has me thinking of trying another M&P. If not a Smith, I have been thinking of another Glock 17.

reloader550
11-30-14, 21:31
Grant does the price include shipping to my dealer?

JS-Maine
12-01-14, 07:21
I've been very pleased with the accuracy from my new M&P9 manufactured this summer. When I'm on my A-game it shoots very nice groups from a rest at 25 yards that hover around a 3" measurement. The trigger has a much better reset and less grit than the old version, but it is just a bit heavy in my opinion. I don't know that my groups would be any smaller, but I think I can get more consistent grouping with a slightly lighter trigger. How much lighter is the trigger with the Apex ultimate striker block and spring, Grant?

The new comes come with the PC sear. While not as good as the Apex sear, it is much better. I would still add the Apex USB though as most of the pull weight comes from the overly stiff spring in there.

C4IGrant
12-01-14, 07:51
Grant does the price include shipping to my dealer?

No.

C4

C4IGrant
12-01-14, 07:52
I've been very pleased with the accuracy from my new M&P9 manufactured this summer. When I'm on my A-game it shoots very nice groups from a rest at 25 yards that hover around a 3" measurement. The trigger has a much better reset and less grit than the old version, but it is just a bit heavy in my opinion. I don't know that my groups would be any smaller, but I think I can get more consistent grouping with a slightly lighter trigger. How much lighter is the trigger with the Apex ultimate striker block and spring, Grant?

The Apex USB will drop trigger pull weight by at least 1-1.5LBS.

C4