PDA

View Full Version : Code Silver: Active Shooter Module

CLHC
11-29-14, 15:04
At my workplace there is a LMS (Learning Management System) Module that we're all required to take called Code Silver: Active Shooter. This short video is primarily directed for the Healthcare System environment.

Shots Fired for Healthcare (http://player.theplatform.com/p/U8-EDC/ioQrJ9ffc6Uh/embed/select/fIFaJcEOM5Sz?form=html)

I work in a Specialty Pharmacy within the Hospital which is a Level I Trauma Center. The work environment I'm in has two (2) large metal roll-up doors that one can drive a Smart Car through serving as windows. No barrier between us inside the Pharmacy and the Population except the wide open space presented. The roll-ups are automatic and there doesn't seem to be a way to pull them down fast enough were a Code Silver is to be initiated.

We do get armed KCSO Deputies (King County) accompanying individuals that are restrained/shackled(?) coming through from time-to-time since Hospital Security are not armed whatsoever.

The people I work with seem to take the Clinic walkthrough for emergencies semi-seriously (well that's my observation of them, and I cannot read hearts and minds) and giggle/laugh at scenarios presented and what to do in case of such emergencies.

Sometimes I wonder with great wonderment. . .

Bulletdog
11-30-14, 20:28
I watched the video. Certainly not the worst I've seen. At least they mention the possibility of fighting back if there is no option to run or barricade. Hey, they didn't mention vomiting or shitting yourself for protection at all. That's a plus.

What is it you are wondering about? Your co-worker's lack of seriousness about the subject? Don't you know? It won't happen to them...