PDA

View Full Version : Gen 4 Glock beavertail backstraps vs grip force adaptor.

jedi391
11-30-14, 18:47
I'm still trying to figure out if I can make Glocks work for me. The gen 4 backstrap with beavertail seems to help but I'm wondering if the angle change of the grip force beavertail is much different. Has anyone tried both and can comment on the differences?

saints75
11-30-14, 21:25
I have tried both. In my experience the Glock Beavertail helped a little. It have the same Glock angle. The Grip Force Adapter is more like a 1911 grip angle and felt more nature. The only thing I did not like about the Grip Force is that it made the grip bigger and the inside of the thumb would hurt when drawing out of my ALS holster or holding it for a long period of time. The gen 2 Grip Force Adapter is the way to go. The gen 1 sucks. I would try them both out to make that decision. I went with the Glock Beaver tail. It was more comfortable for me.

Up1911fan
12-01-14, 11:42
You can also trim a Glock beavertail to make your own GFA. It won't have the smooth transition of the GFA, but works pretty well.

Roc_Kor
12-02-14, 05:07
The grip force adapter changes the grip angle slightly but it's not a major change, in my experience with playing with both setups.

Honestly maybe a grip reduction or re-profiling would be the way to go.