PDA

View Full Version : bcm mod 0 or 1 grip

texasgunhand
12-03-14, 14:54
Does the bcm mod 0 come with a new screw or do you or can you reuse the screw it had with the stock grip?

Does it also fit flush with the rifle? and look nice.Time to upgrade from stock i think..All i could seem to find were pages on when they were new and hadnt been released yet,althou i admit i didnt look that hard. Wanted a first hand look from people that were using them. Also do you guys like the mod o or mod 1?

Thanks...

treadwisely
12-03-14, 15:02
I forgot if mine came with a screw or not but I think it did. As far as 0 or 1, I've never had 0 but 1 was too skinny for my hand. I prefer mod 3 to 1 because it is beefy and comfortable in my hand. The back strap of the mod 2 may be intriguing to try.

texasgunhand
12-03-14, 15:06
I didnt think of that maybe the fatter mod 3 is the way to go, i guess mod 0 and 1 are the same as the stock grip as far as width?

treadwisely
12-03-14, 15:10
If not the same, very close minus the finger groove that some stock grips have. I do like that the Mod 0 does not overlap the trigger guard so you can rest your middle finger on the bottom of it. You can configure the mod 1 either way but you do not have that option with the Mod 3. That is why the Mod 2 may be the best (and most expensive) option.

masakari
12-03-14, 15:14
MOD2 is my favorite by far.

markm
12-03-14, 15:16
I'm a Mod 0 guy. They come with a new screw.

http://i58.tinypic.com/k2czlh.jpg

texasgunhand
12-03-14, 15:30
I'm a Mod 0 guy. They come with a new screw.

http://i58.tinypic.com/k2czlh.jpg

Those are 2 really nice rifles markm..are the grips easy to install,no need to remove anything but the old grip right??

GH41
12-03-14, 16:10
Does the bcm mod 0 come with a new screw or do you or can you reuse the screw it had with the stock grip?

Does it also fit flush with the rifle? and look nice.Time to upgrade from stock i think..All i could seem to find were pages on when they were new and hadnt been released yet,althou i admit i didnt look that hard. Wanted a first hand look from people that were using them. Also do you guys like the mod o or mod 1?

Thanks...

I like the mod 1 but it shouldn't make a difference to you. Only you can decide what works best for you. As inexpensive as they are buy both and sell the one you like least. They go fast on EE and you'l only loose a few bucks.

b2dap1
12-03-14, 17:06
Those are 2 really nice rifles markm..are the grips easy to install,no need to remove anything but the old grip right??

There are is a spring and little detent under there for the saftey so dont loose them! Just re install them as you found them but dont bend or pinch the spring. Work over a towel so you don't loose anything that may fall out.

markm
12-03-14, 18:09
Yeah. Leave the gun upside down. GF grips fit tight on the lower receiver. I find it easiest to hold the spring in the grip with my left hand while rocking the grip onto the lower.... then guide the spring into position when the grip slips onto the lower.

b2dap1
12-03-14, 18:50
I forgot to add that no matter what BCM grip you choose I have the Talon grip on mine and love it! It fits all of them. http://talongungrips.com/grips/long-guns-ar/bcm-gunfighter.html

Pilgrim
12-03-14, 20:58
I recently switched over to the BCM grips, very impressed with how well they work. Unable to make up my mind I got both the Mod 0 and the Mod 1.

Like Mark, I prefer the Mod 0 for most uses, but the Mod 1 works very well off a rest, or for a DMR style AR.

I'm thinking on getting a 1/2 dozen more of the Gunfighter Grips and replacing all the MOE's, MIAD's and Tango Down grips I have.

Stumanbmx
12-03-14, 21:06
I'm a fan of the mod 3. The more vertical grips work well for me, and the mod 3 is comfortable and has good value.

titsonritz
12-03-14, 21:09
MOD2 is my favorite by far.

Same here. Took advantage of BCM's black friday sale $18.95 shipped.

texasgunhand
12-08-14, 23:56
Crap iam glad i asked i forgot about the safety detent and spring..lol
Thanks guys i would have lost it....

markm
12-09-14, 07:17
Same here. Took advantage of BCM's black friday sale $18.95 shipped.

That was nice. I was still sitting on some A2 grips until the Black Friday deal.

samuse
12-09-14, 08:24
I took a Mod3 and cut off the piece that covers the gap, and filed it to the same dimension as an A2 grip. Put an Ergo gapper in the gap and the grip is MUCH more comfortable.

joeyjoe
12-09-14, 10:24
I'm partial to the mod 1, myself. I really like the back strap/beaver tail and the reduced angle of the grip. There is really no need to change out the insert. Even if you have something like a magpul enhanced trigger guard, the insert doesn't obstruct anything. I actually like how the mod 1 is a bit narrower than the mod 3. Feels very handy. Ha!

nova3930
12-09-14, 13:00
I picked up a couple of Mod 1s with the recent half off sale. Haven't gotten to the range yet but they feel good in dry fire practice....