PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum, from Jacksonville FL

equilibrium
12-05-14, 12:52
Pretty much like the title states!! Any others from Jacksonville, FL. I've seen the post directly below this so I am aware of at least a few. Fairly new to Jacksonville and Florida in general. A little bit of history about myself. Originally from PA, joined the Marine Corps in 2009 and EAS'd in 2013. I did some college but got offered a job in Jax, so now I am here continuing college and working full-time. May have been too much or too little information but just wanted to introduce myself. Looking forward to being active on the forum.

Broko
12-05-14, 21:03
Welcome! From Jax as well. Bartram/Mandarin area :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

equilibrium
12-06-14, 08:21
I'm on the Westside close to the base. Any info on a good outdoor range possibly even indoor range? I am looking for a decent range in the area. I just recently went to shooters to check it out and wow that place is awesome.

Broko
12-06-14, 08:30
We are members at Gateway Rifle Club. Going today in fact :) it's off 103rd and 295. Older outdoor range up to 200 yards for members. 100 yards for day shooters. On wells road between blanding and 17 is On Target Sports. New indoor range with fancy target controls. You can shoot AR 556 at both. Both cost around $20 for day shooters.

Apparently there is a great range in St Augustine, but I've never been there.

Broko
12-06-14, 08:33
Also, go check out Green Acres on Normandy Blvd. They have lots of AR parts as well.

equilibrium
12-07-14, 16:25
Thanks for the info! I will definitely check out that range and consider becoming a member. Do they have steel targets?

Green Acres it is! Will be giving them a looksy here soon

Enoch
12-07-14, 17:04
Welcome. Banana republic here. Same state though ;)

cop1211
01-06-15, 20:01
Jacksonville/ Arlington/beaches, as well as former USMC. Ancient City range in St. Augustine is the go to range. Welcome aboard.

Also former PA (Pittsburgh)

equilibrium
01-07-15, 19:32
We have a lot in common geographically and professionally. Are you a member at the Ancient City range?

TOM1911
01-08-15, 03:02
Do yourself a favor, Visit Neil Batteli's shop.. Gun Gallery on Beach Blvd. Higher end equipment and more knowledgeable staff, have made it a required visit in Jax. Also, they sponsor a two gun match on the last Sunday of most every month out at Ancient City Range.

Dcr5595
01-08-15, 05:07
Welcome to town! I second what Tom1911 said above; gun gallery is awesome. Also, try not to venture into NW Jax; it is like the Wild West there!

cop1211
01-17-15, 19:05
Not yet, I go down there and piggyback with a couple of other officers.
I plan on joining soon.

Broko
05-25-15, 19:01
I went to gun gallery last week. Awesome shop for everything AR !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeremy.tankersley
12-06-15, 19:47
I live in Bluffton, SC now but grew up in Jax and go to see family once a month. I concur with everything said so far except I haven't gotten down to Ancient City yet. My brother lives down there now though so we should be hitting it shortly.
Gateway is great, for members, and yes they have at least steel pistol ranges.
Public range there is ok except you have to bench shoot all rifles. Meh.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk