PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum glock frames

shark31
09-22-06, 15:26
I saw a little about these, and was wondering if they have come out with a version for the glock21?

VA_Dinger
09-22-06, 20:55
Thats a good question.

Anybody got a link to the aluminum Glock frames?

cohiba
09-22-06, 21:30
Thats a good question.

Anybody got a link to the aluminum Glock frames?

At your service. Larry at CCFA. I'm waiting for mine.

http://www.ccfraceframes.com/

das028
09-26-06, 14:43
Defeats the purpose of a Glock doesnt it?

graffex
09-26-06, 19:53
Defeats the purpose of a Glock doesnt it?

To be reliable and comfortable? I think not :rolleyes:

GastonG-NoVa
09-26-06, 20:52
"Reliable"????

I handled one of these at TREXPO, just messing around with it I caused two of them to not go into battery. I will be sticking with my plastic fantastic thanks. If I wanted a different shape to it I would consider Robarizing it!

I think Gaston knows best!!

das028
09-27-06, 07:39
To be reliable and comfortable? I think not :rolleyes:

Are you saying a Glocks polymer frame isnt reliable?

graffex
09-29-06, 15:48
Are you saying a Glocks polymer frame isnt reliable?

No.

What I'm saying is the gun is already reliable. With the addition of the new frame it can now be comfortable for the 85% of the shooters who think the glocks grip makes it feel like shit.

MaceWindu
09-29-06, 16:21
aluminum Glock frames

A solution to a problem that does not exist.

Mace

shark31
09-29-06, 16:36
I was interested only because it would make the 21 small enough to actually fit my girly little hands. But, I don't think they have any plans for the 21 right now. I have no problem with the grip on my 23, but the 21 is just huge as crap, and I thought that this might help.

M4arc
09-29-06, 19:20
When I spoke to Larry back in April the plan was to release the G17/22/31 sized frames first followed by the G19/23/32 size. I heard no mention of the G20/21 but then again, I didn't ask.

I'm planning on getting one of the frames to T&E.

olds442tyguy
09-30-06, 16:32
A solution to a problem that does not exist.

Mace
I couldn't disagree more. My biggest complaint with the Glock is the grip angle, and while I'm not particularly fond of striker fired and DAO pistols, I would have a Glock if it had a more traditional grip.

The most common complaint against the Glock I've personally witnessed is the grip, and the first person to change it (CCF most likely) will probably make a bundle.

MaceWindu
09-30-06, 18:34
Understood. Then, if the grip angle does not fit the shooter, why not go with a different platform?

If something does not fit, get something else. The solution seems pretty straight forward.

Mace

olds442tyguy
10-02-06, 17:24
Understood. Then, if the grip angle does not fit the shooter, why not go with a different platform?

If something does not fit, get something else. The solution seems pretty straight forward.

Mace
I drink the kool aid of no brand, but Glock's reliability record is astonishing and I would personally like to be able to take advantage of that. There are very few striker fired pistols on the market, and even less that have the credentials of a Glock.

It may seem pointless, but I'm a glutton for punishmnet. :cool:

MaceWindu
10-02-06, 17:55
10-4

Mace

baffle Stack
10-02-06, 21:02
I couldn't disagree more. My biggest complaint with the Glock is the grip angle, and while I'm not particularly fond of striker fired and DAO pistols, I would have a Glock if it had a more traditional grip.

The most common complaint against the Glock I've personally witnessed is the grip, and the first person to change it (CCF most likely) will probably make a bundle.

I don't think the GLOCKS are DAO.

Looey
10-02-06, 23:13
I drink the kool aid of no brand, but Glock's reliability record is astonishing and I would personally like to be able to take advantage of that. There are very few striker fired pistols on the market, and even less that have the credentials of a Glock.

It may seem pointless, but I'm a glutton for punishmnet. :cool:

What i like the most about the glock is the grip angle, it actually makes a shooter to roll he's wrist foward wich will help to manage recoil.
I love the fact that is polimer frame because it makes it lighter than most handguns, in comparison to any toher handgun within the same frame sizes, glock will most likely have better round capacity.
I will agree with most Glock so far has for me the best defensive/reliable pistol in the market for me. IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT.

nyeti
10-02-06, 23:58
I don't think the GLOCKS are DAO.

They are. They are both classified by BATF as a D/A pistol, and they mechanically meet that criteria as pressing the trigger both "cocks" the striker, and fires the pistol. It is uncocked at rest.

baffle Stack
10-03-06, 23:31
They are. They are both classified by BATF as a D/A pistol, and they mechanically meet that criteria as pressing the trigger both "cocks" the striker, and fires the pistol. It is uncocked at rest.

You learn something new everyday, thanks. I was thinking along the lines of no second strike capability = something besides D/A. I was also under the impression that the long pull was only disengaging a passive safety.

olds442tyguy
10-06-06, 14:32
Actually, you're both right. The ATF and Glock call it DAO, when in reality it's single action. The striker is cocked by the slide movement, not by the trigger.

However, it's my understanding that you can re-cock a Glock with out chambering a new round. IE; It doesn't take a full slide movement to cock the striker. That is what I've been told, and I have not tested it myself though.

Why Glock would even say the words "double action" in reguards to their pistols is beyond me, but I guess these things happen when you go from making homeware to pistols. :p

I refer to it as DAO because the only control over the hammer is by pulling the trigger.

Dave Berryhill
10-06-06, 17:33
...The striker is cocked by the slide movement, not by the trigger....

Sorry but that isn't correct. The striker isn't "cocked" at all. Pulling the trigger draws the striker to the rear. As the trigger bar moves to the rear, it is cammed downwards until the striker "falls off" the trigger bar and is released. If you remove pressure from the trigger before the striker is released, the striker will move forward with the trigger. Nothing is cocked.

However, it's my understanding that you can re-cock a Glock with out chambering a new round. IE; It doesn't take a full slide movement to cock the striker....

You can reset the trigger by moving the slide to the rear slightly but it doesn't affect the striker. The Glock action is closer to a DAO than anything else.

olds442tyguy
10-06-06, 18:46
Sorry but that isn't correct. The striker isn't "cocked" at all. Pulling the trigger draws the striker to the rear. As the trigger bar moves to the rear, it is cammed downwards until the striker "falls off" the trigger bar and is released. If you remove pressure from the trigger before the striker is released, the striker will move forward with the trigger. Nothing is cocked.

You can reset the trigger by moving the slide to the rear slightly but it doesn't affect the striker. The Glock action is closer to a DAO than anything else.
So the trigger activates the striker, but the trigger has to reset with slide movement before the trigger bar can realign with the striker after being fired?

Forgive me for my Glock ignorance, but I'd sure like to understand these a little better. :confused:

Dave Berryhill
10-06-06, 19:55
So the trigger activates the striker, but the trigger has to reset with slide movement before the trigger bar can realign with the striker after being fired?

That is correct.