PDA

View Full Version : Did USPS lose my package?

C-grunt
12-05-14, 18:40
I purchased a Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x32 last week. It was shipped out Monday 12-01-14 using 2 day priority and was given a tracking number. The tracking number shows it left Grand Junction, Colorado on Monday but has not been checked in here in Phoenix yet. I went down to the Post Office today and they said its probably just still on the way. I understand that the holidays are a busy time of year for the Post Office but I would think the 500 mile trip wouldnt take more than 4 days, especially if the shipper paid for priority shipping.

Anybody have experience with this? How long until I file a loss claim?

Eurodriver
12-05-14, 19:07
There was just a thread about this a few weeks ago.

You'll get it, and USPS won't let you file a claim for another 25 days anyway. Just wait, it sucks, but that's all you can do.

FYI - I speak from the position of also waiting from a package from AIM Surplus that was scheduled for delivery yesterday by USPS.

gun71530
12-05-14, 20:17
In my experience, USPS is always late. I do anything I can to not use them.

TXBK
12-05-14, 20:25
I thought that previous thread was about UPS, and them stealing packages? I have found USPS to be very reliable as long as they get the correct zip code entered. That only happened to me one time, and I make sure to check the receipt before leaving now. I try to make sure my large and/or heavy packages come UPS or Fedex, otherwise my mail lady gets pissed. I like to hear the male carriers whine about heavy packages, too.

Kain
12-05-14, 20:31
I thought that previous thread was about UPS, and them stealing packages? I have found USPS to be very reliable as long as they get the correct zip code entered. That only happened to me one time, and I make sure to check the receipt before leaving now. I try to make sure my large and/or heavy packages come UPS or Fedex, otherwise my mail lady gets pissed. I like to hear the male carriers whine about heavy packages, too.

I have heard UPS bitch about heavy packages too. Of course this was because a friend of mine ordered something like 12,000 rounds of various ammunition to include a respectable amount of .50BMG and had it delivered to his door.

gun71530
12-05-14, 20:36

Yeah, I think that the issue on my end, lies with my local post office.

MountainRaven
12-05-14, 21:10

This pretty much mirrors my experiences with USPS. Hell, it seems like half the time they manage to deliver packages early. Not to mention Saturday delivery at no additional cost.

Although, it is sometimes frustrating that they work bankers' hours.

But not as frustrating as the one time I had UPS hold a package for me to pick up, never got a call from them, drove down to the depot (been there a couple times before), walked into the back (where they have me go when they close the main office), found my package, and talked to a guy who told me that I couldn't take it because it was too late in the evening. I was sorely tempted to pull out my driver's license and say, "Do we agree that this package is addressed to me? Do we agree that this driver's license confirms I am who I say I am? I'm taking my package. You can call the cops if you want to. I'm sure you'll make a very persuasive argument about how I stole my own property."

And that's not the first problem I've had with UPS.

In any case, to me: USPS≥FedEx>UPS. I try not to use UPS if I don't have to.

ggammell
12-05-14, 21:32
The postal service doesn't have the most reliable tracking data. I've had several packages arrive with only a package received by postal service entry.

cop1211
12-05-14, 23:18
last priority mail I sent (payment in a priority mail 8x8 folder was supposed to take 2 days from Florida to Kentucky, Took 14 days to get there, Kept going from Kentucky to NJ.
WTF ???

rjacobs
12-06-14, 01:12
Im waiting on a USPS priority 2 day package that was supposed to be here on Thursday. USPS tracking still says "estimated delivery on Dec 4th", well guess what, its now the 6th.

AKDoug
12-06-14, 01:13
Try living in Alaska.... you'd never bitch about shipping ever again.

jpmuscle
12-06-14, 01:16

I saw on drudge today that one towns only single mail carrier up and quit... Rough times

Moose-Knuckle
12-06-14, 02:03
Well they are still better than the UPS shot put team . . . my new LG TV arrived with a shattered screen. Good times.

Iraqgunz
12-06-14, 05:22
FYI- I am also waiting on something that was supposed to be delivered on the 4th of December and it shows out for delivery today. My guess is some kind of weather or something caused a delay.

Double3
12-06-14, 05:46
I wouldn't be too worried about it. Sucks when you really want something and it happens though.

I hate to say never but I've sent and received lots of packages with USPS and they always get there. There has been some times where they disappear for a few days but they always showed up.

No.6
12-06-14, 07:16

True that. Had a Priority Mail package take three days just to leave Anchorage earlier this year. And then cycle between sorting station (Dallas->Copell->Dallas->Copell->Dallas) until I called and complained. Had it two days later. Took a total of 10 days before it arrived. Not bad for a 2~3 delivery promise.

You'll get it, and USPS won't let you file a claim for another 25 days anyway. ....

Don't wait to start the inquiry about the package. I contacted the Postal Service and after a little bit of run around and form filing online a package that had only shown a status of "accepted" was found and delivered after two weeks in their system. This happened two days after I filed the form.

TXBK
12-06-14, 07:30
Once you detect a problem, it is best to investigate. On my only issue, I first called CS and that pinpointed the issue. After that, I had to call each individual post office and speak to the Postmaster to keep the package moving in the correct direction, because there wasn't any communication between CS and the post offices.

Eurodriver
12-06-14, 07:33

Try living in Hawaii.

If the package manages to get to the island, you've still got to deal with "Brah, why you in hurry for mail brah? Just wait, relax brah. No worries!" customer service.

Moose-Knuckle
12-06-14, 15:02
Try living in Hawaii.

If the package manages to get to the island, you've still got to deal with "Brah, why you in hurry for mail brah? Just wait, relax brah. No worries!" customer service.

Brahda, I can tell you when I was in Hawai'i I wasn't in a hurry for a damn thing. I was on "island time" . . .

MountainRaven
12-06-14, 15:08
Im waiting on a USPS priority 2 day package that was supposed to be here on Thursday. USPS tracking still says "estimated delivery on Dec 4th", well guess what, its now the 6th.

I just got a package that was originally estimated to arrive on the 8th (Monday).

I must get all the good postal workers - because it's far from the first time I've received a parcel shipped USPS Priority that was scheduled to arrive on x but showed up on x-1.

;)

C-grunt
12-06-14, 16:15
The postal service doesn't have the most reliable tracking data. I've had several packages arrive with only a package received by postal service entry.

Well it looks like this was the reason. The package has been in Phoenix since Friday morning but the tracking system didnt update until after it was delivered.

Ive had a couple packages lost before and when i saw online that it hadnt been checked in after 4 days I was a bit worried.