PDA

View Full Version : Need help deciding on a rds, trijicon srs or aimpoint...

ubet
12-06-14, 15:45
I am going to put some type of optic on my 6920, and not sure if I should get a trijicon srs02, I like the idea of the solar panel. Or if I should get an Aimpoint t1. I was also looking at a Ta44. Only rds experience I have is with a tasco on a ruger 22/45. Most shooting will be inside 350yds and I want my gun to be a shtf, hd gun. Im sure someone on here has experience with at least 2 of these and any input you can give is appreciated. Money is a concern, but I know how to save and pinch pennies. Thanks in advance.

Kain
12-06-14, 15:53
I have heard issues with teh SRS which has had me shying away from the optic. That said, those issues way well be resolved at this time since I have not looked at them for quite some time. Also with mount I think the T1 is still cheaper and a much better record and is a nice little optic. Next option would be an Aimpoint PRO which with sales coming up here with the holidays you might be able to score one for a good bit under $400. Also, if you are looking at spending the cash for the SRS you could outfit yourself with a low power variable for not much, if any more.

equilibrium
12-06-14, 21:17
If I may recommend a nice affordable solution, you can get an Aimpoint Comp M2, M3, or M4 on ebay used for between 250-400 and the Comp series of RDS are amazing. You may not like the T1 but you may love it, but a good amount of people shy away from it and back to a full-size Aimpoint.

Hochsitz
12-07-14, 01:28
I can appreciate what Trijicon was trying to do with the SRS, but in my opinion it needs to go on a diet. The field of view through the sight is fine but the housing around it blocks as much area downrange as the view through the sight permits. If I had to pick between an SRS and a T1 I'd take the T1 every time and mount it as far forward on the rail as possible.