PDA

View Full Version : Any long term reports on Glock 41?

teutonicpolymer
12-09-14, 19:07
Like the title says, I am interested in hearing about any reports about the Glock 41 and long term usage. I am interested in hearing about accuracy (25 yard groups) and reliability as round count has increased. For whatever reason I have become interested in getting a .45 Glock again and I like the feature set of the 41 but am slightly hesitant because of the thin barrel (I know 1911's have thin barrels but they also have a fitted bushing at the end) and because of the thin slide. Any information would be appreciated.

Oh also, if anyone knows what the holster situation is like I am also curious about that as well. I am a big fan of the Safariland 6378 ALS but I could not find any for the Glock 41.

Robb Jensen
12-09-14, 19:42
It fits Safariland holsters made for the G34/G35 in my experience.

Straight Shooter
12-10-14, 00:02
I bought my G41 in early October, so no..cannot comment on your specific request for long term accuracy. The gun itself has been out, what about a year or so total? But my thought thus far, at over 600 rounds. The thin barrel just aint a problem. I really warmed it up good last range session, and was making one handed hits at 50 yards on a steel popper no prob. At 25 yards mine is about 2" high or so. Groups are palm sized or less. Ive got Ameriglo CAP sights on it, and a G17. I do not use any of the backstraps. To ME...it is THE perfect .45ACP and I DO conceal carry it all the time, no prob. ANY open ended holster that's fits a G17 works for the G41. It is the same except for length. The recoil spring is rated for 5000 per Glock. I completely love this pistol. My carry load of 230gr. Gold Dots is accurate and reliable. I hope this helps a little.

teutonicpolymer
12-10-14, 18:09
Thanks for the replies-

I did hear that 34/35 holsters worked but I heard with the ALS 34/35 the 41 sticks out a bit (depth is not correct) or something along those lines. It seems like a great package.

Ultinately I am trying to narrow down my choices to 1 from either a gen 4 34, a VP9, a MK25 (kind of higher priced and I am a bit used to striker fired guns at this point), abd the 41. One of the non-obvious reasons I like the idea of the 41 is that it has a longer barrel length which is relevant because I am interested in handgun hunting and currently reside in a state that regulates it based on barrel length.

July4th
12-10-14, 19:42
One of the non-obvious reasons I like the idea of the 41 is that it has a longer barrel length which is relevant because I am interested in handgun hunting and currently reside in a state that regulates it based on barrel length.

You should look at the G20 with the 9" drop in barrel. Way better balistics than .45ACP.

teutonicpolymer
12-10-14, 19:55
You should look at the G20 with the 9" drop in barrel. Way better balistics than .45ACP.

I loooove the Glock 20 but...
a) Don't want to spend $200+ on a barrel at the moment
b) I cannot find 10mm ammo for the range to practice with anymore (Prvi 10mm is more expensive or nowhere to be found) and I do not have a lot of time or space to reload right now
c) I want this to serve double duty as a home defense and maybe as a winter carry gun so the ammo availability of cheap range .45 ammo and duty loads in .45 makes it attractive to me.

sinister
12-10-14, 20:10
I've probably put around 1500 rounds through mine now. Great little pistol.

Blade Tech for duty holster. Tennessee Holster Company for belt thumb-break holster.

Once you're ready to upgrade both Bar Sto and KKM have stainless match barrels.

teutonicpolymer
12-10-14, 20:35
I've probably put around 1500 rounds through mine now. Great little pistol.

Blade Tech for duty holster. Tennessee Holster Company for belt thumb-break holster.

Once you're ready to upgrade both Bar Sto and KKM have stainless match barrels.

Thanks for the info.
I was planning on going the KKM route based on what people say in regards to quality for the dollar. I am a Bar Sto fan from other platforms though.

I was also considering ordering a 55bn from Milt Sparks made for a G34 since the leather would probably accomodate the G41 very well.

t15
12-11-14, 18:52
g21 with 10mm barrel swap? i wouldnt do the 9 or 40 if you want to do pistol hunting.

Kain
12-11-14, 18:57

Who the hell makes a 9 inch barrel for the Glock 20? I have heard of the six inch ones, but 9?

July4th
12-12-14, 23:43
Who the hell makes a 9 inch barrel for the Glock 20? I have heard of the six inch ones, but 9?
Storm Lake IIRC. They're around $150.