PDA

View Full Version : Needs som help with an AR10 overseas

freezingduck
12-10-14, 12:54
Living in Norway I have a very limited selection of AR10's that is legal to buy.

I am planning to build a semi automatic rifle to supplement of my SSG3000 and AI.

Here are my wishlist:
Minimum 1 moa
I am planning to use the rifle out to 800yds so accuracy is one of my primary requirements,
Be reliable, the rifle must of course function 99% of the time
Would be nice if it could use Pmags
Take Magpul stocks, I am considering the PRS stock, I guess that is the best option for long range work
Price is always a consideration but they look fearly equal

The police allows the following brands:
Armalite
DPMS
JP LRP 07
HK MR762/MR308

Can anyone tell me what I should get, and why?
I have been reading up and down every forum and it seems that everyone has had problem with one, and accuracy goes from 0,5-2 moa.
Also barrel length varys from 16-22''.
I'm thinking 18-20''

Hoping to get some real help here.

Best regards
Freezingduck

polydeuces
12-10-14, 20:41
Hey there,
A lot is being posted here recently on this - ranging from builds, to off the shelf rifles.

People sharing their hands-on experiences covering pretty much all you need to know on exactly these topics
Scroll through and or use the search button and you will find it.
All you need is time and a bit of effort. If you have not done so already, you will discover there is a wealth of incredible information filed away on this forum.

No one can tell you what to get - only you can determine what suits your need and where you want to/need to compromise; way I see it, we're all in the same boat, always wondering should I go light/heavy/short/long, trade off on speed, size, weight, accuracy....etc., etc....

Welcome to the club......:)

PS - you mentioned "building.." - what exactly does that mean? Are we talking swapping furniture, or literally from scratch - sourcing BCG,barrel, receivers, LPK's etc?
One really big thing to keep in mind is there is NO - NONE - ZERO standard or "TDP" to speak off. It is the complete opposite of the AR14/M4 platform.
For example - none of the makes you mention will play together - other than the JP perhaps. Then there's the name AR10 - this ONLY applies to the Armalite 308 AR. Which is where the confusion starts.
All others are better referred to as AR308, 308AR or DPMS, DPMS/SR25....you get the picture

When you do some searching you will start making sense out of it. Eventually....

HD1911
12-10-14, 21:23
GAP10
KAC SR25
LMT MWS w/ Stainless Barrel

polydeuces
12-10-14, 21:37
GAP10
KAC SR25
LMT MWS w/ Stainless Barrel

Please read OP - none of these are on the "approved list".

rdbse
12-10-14, 21:49
If I was in your position, it would be the JP. They are not as well known as the others on your list but you will not be disappointed. I mainly shoot long range and PRS type matches with experience in various semi 308 rifles. Please PM is you need more info.

LRRPF52
12-10-14, 22:34
Check the Finnish market. There are a lot of AR10's here. There's an original Dutch ArmaLite for sale right now as well.

Regalkismet
12-12-14, 23:23
Out of the ones on your list the JP is tops IMHO . Actually the JP will probably be as accurate or more accurate than just about any other LR308 style rifle available. Fit and finish are second to none and it's lighter than a Gap 10 if weight is a consideration.