PDA

View Full Version : PSA drop in carbine rail, opinions?

AR-n00b
12-12-14, 20:27
I saw that this was on sale on PSA's website. Is it any good?

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/psa-ar-15-drop-in-carbine-rail.html

Sean W.
12-12-14, 20:49
Most likely junk.

Airhasz
12-12-14, 21:10
Agree junk, spend $100 on the equipment exchange and get a used KAC RAS that is a known performer.

Kain
12-12-14, 21:15
RUN!
Shop around and you can probably get a RAS for under a hundred. Hell, saw a DD Omega today used for $150 and that is a freefloat rail.

dentron
12-12-14, 23:35
Agree junk, spend $100 on the equipment exchange and get a used KAC RAS that is a known performer.
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=162358

D53
12-13-14, 02:32
I would veer away from that rail. Like others say, I would surf the EE for a used KAC RAS.

702Warfighter
12-13-14, 03:24
I have a Daniel Defense Omega X carbine rail I'm looking to get rid of. Came on my bcm upper but I switched it out. Perfect condition. Pm me if you're interested.

joeyjoe
12-13-14, 03:28
Don't mess with that PSA rail. KAC RAS is obviously the standard for drop in quad rails, but another option is the Midwest industries gen 2 drop in quad rail. Its a quality rail for a reasonable price point (125.00 new). It locks up extremely tight (seats up into the milspec barrel nut) and is lighter than the KAC rail (MI carbine length rail is virtually the same weight as plastic handguards). It doesn't have the heat shields like the KAC rail, but that's never been a problem for me. use rail covers etc. Cosmetically, the MI rail looks quite similar to the KAC rail, which I like. If im looking for a drop in carbine length quad rail, I wouldn't consider anything else. Just my personal opinion, obviously.

kpinole
12-13-14, 16:31
If you're on a budget, the KAC/P&S is your best bet. If u you got a little more to spend, the Daniel Defense Omega is nicer and thinner. I'll have a used one for sale soon too. ;)

ibmikey
12-16-14, 09:19
Sometimes you guys make me chuckle, the "junk" description may be correct but I'll bet none of the respondents have seen one prior to their judgement, I know I have not.

bigwagon
12-16-14, 20:45
I have not seen or handled one either, but they would have to be seriously junky not to be worth the $35 they have been on sale for recently.

Sean W.
12-17-14, 00:45
Sometimes you guys make me chuckle, the "junk" description may be correct but I'll bet none of the respondents have seen one prior to their judgement, I know I have not.

Feel free to prove us wrong. I'm sure it works well at the range every once in awhile but for serious use I wouldn't take it seriously.

ibmikey
12-18-14, 21:23
Sean, the point I was trying to make is we often judge without any foundation for the comments. I have no interest in buying a PSA rail and do not wish to prove anyone right or wrong. The question was asked in good faith but I doubt a single response came from someone who has inspected the actual item. Sometimes we are a bit quick to condemn.