PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use an Aimpint/Eotech on a Shotgun?

Submariner
09-23-06, 14:08
I removed the rear sight from my M590, loctited in factory Weaver rail and mounted an ML2 in the Aimpoint 30mm ring. Haven't had a class yet, but I've used it to take turkeys.

has anyone else tried using an RDS on a shotgun?

Boom
09-23-06, 21:46
Sub I have, I had my local smith install a rail on my 870 I use a old compM-XD Aimpoint in the factory low mount. Works great.

Blackdeath13
10-13-06, 06:25
I have an E-otech 512 on a Mossy500 street sweeper. Sits on the Mesa Tach rail. The only prob is the Mesa rail flexes a little, but not enough to make a difference at the range(yds.) I need it for. It's a great set up.

0-75 yds........ not much can get away.

Nathan_Bell
10-13-06, 18:57
One oif my hunting parteners used my Eotech for deer season lastyear, it was great for close movement shots, but was too busy for 50 yd plus shots on a bounding deer. He said he had problems with the bounding deer and the circle and dot reticle.

Another problem he had with it was getting "scudge"; grass, weeds, and muck on the glass and having the HUD image messed up.

The scope he normally uses for deer on his 11/87 is a Leupold/Gilmore lg 35 and he loves it.

Blackdeath13
10-23-06, 19:21
My personal home defence device

12-12-06, 10:38
I've got an Eotech 552 on a Knight's 870 RAS, works great!

WingBone
02-10-07, 06:18
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l171/wingbone_72/M4S90.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l171/wingbone_72/Eotech.jpg
putting one of these on your scattergun is the way to go!!:D

FJB
02-10-07, 21:01
Wait until you see the Aimpoint Micro H-1 (Hunting) or T-1 (Tactical) sights. The Micro's have an integral mount. The difference is the T-1 is NVG compatible and the H-1 isn't. The H-1 will cost less. Both have a five year battery life and perfect for mounting on "smoothbores." I'll have one soon for my 870 and I'll post pictures. LaRue is already making a QD lever for the Micros.

S/F

FJB
03-02-07, 06:40
Here is a VangComp 870 www.vangcomp.com/Home.html with a Pictinny Rail on the receiver so that it can mount Aimpoint's new Micro T-1. I will be running the gun and the Aimpoint hard this weekend and will provide a report.

The Micro T-1 stats:
Weight - 3.7 Oz
Battery Life - 5 years on setting 7 w/ CR2032 Battery
MOA - 4 (6 night vision compatible settings and 7 daylight settings, including one extra bright setting for use in desert sunlight or with laser protection filters)
Waterproof - 25M (80 ft)
NVG compatible

FJB
03-02-07, 06:41
Here is a close up of the Micro on the VangComp 870

FJB
04-25-07, 15:49
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2007 3:14 PM

SWAT sergeant on the Maine State Police spoke about a recent shooting they were involved in. The violent felon involved was a man who had shot his mother in the head in the driveway, then barricaded himself in the house with his handgun, a shotgun and an AK-47 clone of some sort.

The stand-off was eventually terminated when a trooper, armed with a 20-inch barreled Remington M870 that had an AimPoint sighting device, hammered a full-power, 1-oz Federal 2-3/4-inch "Foster" slug through the felon's mid-chest at a measured 91 yards distance. The felon went down instantly and ART'd on the scene.

At autopsy, the Foster was recovered from the criminal's upper back, next to his spinal column. It had very nearly punched completely through his upper torso and popped out as soon as the deceased's skin was cut open. The recovered Foster slug was mis-shapen, but wasn't "expanded" or fragmented into large chunks as Fosters sometimes do in short-range shootings.

The Maine State Police SWAT sergeant I spoke with told me that their .223 caliber rifles have never put anyone down as convincingly as a 12-gauge slug does, given comparable shot placement.

-------------------------------------
An Aimpoint on a shotgun really extends it's capabilities.

The CompM and ML series work well with shotguns and the new Aimpoint Micro T-1 on a shotgun is great. See photos that I posted earlier. The Micro has 4 MOA dot (4" circle on the target at 100 yards) with constant on five year battery life and comes with an integral mount.

A USAF PJ used a Micro T-1 on a three day shotgun work up cycle with Louis Awerbuck firing nearly 100 slugs, 100 00B, 400 target loads with a Micro mounted on an 870. The Micro ran great, even hitting 18 for 18 on a steel target 118 yards away in very low light.

Hans Vang www.vangcompsystems.com can mount a small piece of Picatinny rail on shotgun receivers, also the Micro will mount to a Weaver #36M base mount.

S/F