PDA

View Full Version : I got a rail question...

Seth Harness
06-27-08, 20:54
As some may know I have an Ares kit on my gun and Im looking for a new rail. I currently have a troy rail I have modified to fit.
I would really like to have a DD 12" lite rail. My question is, will the DD rail fit over the Ares spigot or can it be modified to do so(is there enough material etc...). I know if the answer is out there its here.

Much thanks,
Seth H.

C4IGrant
06-28-08, 08:46
As some may know I have an Ares kit on my gun and Im looking for a new rail. I currently have a troy rail I have modified to fit.
I would really like to have a DD 12" lite rail. My question is, will the DD rail fit over the Ares spigot or can it be modified to do so(is there enough material etc...). I know if the answer is out there its here.

Much thanks,
Seth H.

No idea. I would ask Ares directly as they most likely know.

C4

Robb Jensen
06-29-08, 11:13

Much thanks,
Seth H.

The ARES spigot is pretty big and the internal dimensions of the DD rails is pretty small. The Troy (which you've done) can fit with modification as can the non-free floating Surefire M73s.

LWRC uses the Grenadier Precision rails, IIRC they own GP. If they'll sell them the GP would likely fit.

Seth Harness
06-29-08, 12:23
The ARES spigot is pretty big and the internal dimensions of the DD rails is pretty small. The Troy (which you've done) can fit with modification as can the non-free floating Surefire M73s.

LWRC uses the Grenadier Precision rails, IIRC they own GP. If they'll sell them the GP would likely fit.

Yeah Ive talked to LWRC about that, they said they would sell one to me when quantities allow. I was under the impression though that a 10" rail is the longest they have. 11" or 12" is what I was looking for. I may just have go with a 10"... I guess its not that big of a deal.

Thanks,

Seth Harness
06-29-08, 13:50
I just looked its a 9" rail :(