PDA

View Full Version : Shot Show 2015 - Your predictions of what we'll see

FlyingHunter
12-16-14, 18:08
Glock:

Single Stack 9mm

Optics ready guns/slides for RMR mounting, I'm guessing they'll start with the G17.

Other:

Continued development and expansion of .300 Blackout ammo, uppers, rifles etc...

Smaller, yet more powerful WML from Surefire and Streamlight

Eurodriver
12-16-14, 19:07
Silencers that won't be released to the public for another year or two.

9mm_shooter
12-16-14, 19:41
BCM to launch their own 308 barrels and SR25 pattern receiver sets.

Glock will introduce the Glock 43, a slimline (single stack) compact 9x19

JBecker 72
12-16-14, 19:45
I assume 10% of it is vaporware that the public will never see.

And I so want BCM to make .308 rifles.

MAP
12-16-14, 19:48
Glock:

Single Stack 9mm

Optics ready guns/slides for RMR mounting, I'm guessing they'll start with the G17.

Long slide 10mm

Other:

Continued development and expansion of .300 Blackout ammo, uppers, rifles etc...

Smaller, yet more powerful WML from Surefire and Streamlight

Added one to your Glock list.

Moose-Knuckle
12-16-14, 19:56
Masada.
Massoud.
GLOCK karbean.
Taurus Judge in 8 gauge/.338 Lapua.
Oh and some new fangled doohickey in Kryptek.

Koshinn
12-16-14, 20:05
American-made semi-auto 416.

Leonidas24
12-16-14, 20:39
Single stack Glock in .45 GAP

Sig promising to deliver MPXs by 2nd quarter 2015 (and failing to do so)

AAC taking orders for new suppressors (and not delivering until 2nd quarter 2016)

I'm a realist. :sarcastic:

jwfuhrman
12-16-14, 20:43
I'd love to see a BCM 308 pattern gun but more realistically I think we'll see 300BLK from BCM before we see a 308.

ramairthree
12-16-14, 20:58
Glock will introduce a new handgun in an in house proprietary cartridge that nobody is interested in.
They will act confused that there is interest in a carbine or slimmer 9mm. A sneak peak at Gen 5 will be given. People will drool over the day they can get that latest Glock, whose production and reliability issues will single handedly kill their reputation for reliable handguns.

Beretta will introduce an updated 96 and 92 with features nobody asked for or will buy. They will have several models of Brigadiers, Vertecs, Centurions, and Compacts, none of which are available in G configuration. The will have a non-Brigadier, non-Vertec, non-Centurion, non-compact in G configuration, but with the standard front sight that cannot be changed. They will act all confused that people want a G with a front sight they can change. Then they will divert your attention to a new carbine with horrible ergonomics, outdated features combined with futuristic looks, and say it will be on the market in 90 days. Nine years later it will be released to virtually no sales, have parts falling off, and not work with PMAGs.

Kel-Tec will introduce the coolest carbine ever. It will not be on the market for about 5 years. People will pay over MSRP to get it. On paper it is super cool, and at the range when it can get it to function reliably it almost lives up to the hype. None will ever make it half way through a carbine course without breaking.

Some company will introduce a holster that requires you to remove your index finger to draw your pistol from it, because any holster requiring you to have an index finger is an accident waiting to happen. Within a month of SHOT show, some dipshit will be on youtube shooting themselves with it.

Ruger, dying to do more for gun safety, will introduce a SA DAO pistol, that has a slide mounted safety, grip safety, articulating trigger safety, and a lawyer lock. It will be the same gun the dipshit in the above youtube video shoots himself with a month later.

thei3ug
12-16-14, 21:30
BCM releasing an MMR and all mlok accessory line.

Zombies were so 2012... 2015? Dracula. Expect fang shaped reticles from Eotech to follow the recent announcement of the discontinued zombie sights.

ABNAK
12-16-14, 22:09
American-made semi-auto 416.

You know something or is this a wish list item?

HKGuns
12-16-14, 22:20
P30 Compact

jpmuscle
12-16-14, 22:24
P30 Compact
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Do want

Robb Jensen
12-16-14, 22:28
SHOT = joke

70% of the people there don't ACTUALLY work in the gun industry. If it's a 4 day event then attendees days should be 1&2 should be for ACTUAL FFL/SOT holders and Manufacturers and their REAL employees & .Mil/.Gov people (verified via paycheck, ID card or W2 form when buying passes), day 3 should be Gun Industry peripherals = Bloggers, website owners, Trainers, Professional Reveiwers, Photographers. Day 4 = all others...people who read and dream about guns.

VIP3R 237
12-16-14, 23:25
I like that idea Robb. It's a pain trying to place orders and actually do business when the swag whores and nutnfancies constantly get in your way.

SpeedRacer
12-16-14, 23:51
Glock will introduce a new handgun in an in house proprietary cartridge that nobody is interested in.
They will act confused that there is interest in a carbine or slimmer 9mm. A sneak peak at Gen 5 will be given. People will drool over the day they can get that latest Glock, whose production and reliability issues will single handedly kill their reputation for reliable handguns.

Beretta will introduce an updated 96 and 92 with features nobody asked for or will buy. They will have several models of Brigadiers, Vertecs, Centurions, and Compacts, none of which are available in G configuration. The will have a non-Brigadier, non-Vertec, non-Centurion, non-compact in G configuration, but with the standard front sight that cannot be changed. They will act all confused that people want a G with a front sight they can change. Then they will divert your attention to a new carbine with horrible ergonomics, outdated features combined with futuristic looks, and say it will be on the market in 90 days. Nine years later it will be released to virtually no sales, have parts falling off, and not work with PMAGs.

Kel-Tec will introduce the coolest carbine ever. It will not be on the market for about 5 years. People will pay over MSRP to get it. On paper it is super cool, and at the range when it can get it to function reliably it almost lives up to the hype. None will ever make it half way through a carbine course without breaking.

Some company will introduce a holster that requires you to remove your index finger to draw your pistol from it, because any holster requiring you to have an index finger is an accident waiting to happen. Within a month of SHOT show, some dipshit will be on youtube shooting themselves with it.

Ruger, dying to do more for gun safety, will introduce a SA DAO pistol, that has a slide mounted safety, grip safety, articulating trigger safety, and a lawyer lock. It will be the same gun the dipshit in the above youtube video shoots himself with a month later.

I'm dyin' here. [emoji23]

SOW_0331
12-17-14, 00:46
Silencers that won't be released to the public for another year or two.

Don't forget 137.3 teeth mounts with innovative new left hand twist and super duper space age cold treatment. Nothing particularly new, but so much more expensive. Won't see an absurdly easily manufactured <$500 rifle can though...silencing is hard and a revolutionary new concept only for one company to attempt. Maybe two. Maybe.

I agree that 2015 will be chock full of new ways to fire "The Round That Time Forgot" and all .300Blk "platforms" will be marketed in other new and unproven PDW calibers that we'll be told are currently in use by units so secret and nameless that even thinking about who they are is a felony and an act of treason. MSRP on new 7.111931x24 caliber firearms pre-SBR and suppressors tax stamp (don't forget your 137.3 tooth mount!) is $49,050.

Aimpoint will release a new optic that runs in D cell batteries and is the size of a football, rocks a 21MOA reticle, but will instead increase the now LE Only sales of previous models +800%. And Hodge Defense will be there handing out free samples of "it" so that more can enter the exclusive club of those who get it.

I'm hesitant to make too many other predictions to be mildly disappointed. We can probably assume Colt will show up with PPP a display of 6920s and just assume they'll never have to innovate. KAC will unveil their new Ejection Port Cover that is identical to every other EPC but will have the small logo in the lower right and cost $600. People will buy it and never Fire their rifles for fear of causing any wear on the finish. HK will unveil a 26lb single stack chambered in .357 Sig and ships with a laminated certificate of "bragging rights" for the avid gun show commando who wears Soldier of Fortune t-shirts in XXXL but thinks the Sealous Scouts are a group of Eagle Scout troops that can't operate east of the Mississippi. Mossberg will unveil a whole lineup of neon blue guns in the spirit of the Avatar movie, just a little late to the punch in true Mossberg form.

And of course it wouldn't be a complete SHOT Show if Cold Steele didn't have their master swordsmaster waddle out and try to slice some napkins in half. HALF!

SilverBullet432
12-17-14, 01:01
The .338 judge just about sent me over the edge! :lol: ��

FlyingHunter
12-17-14, 18:32
I assume 10% of it is vaporware that the public will never see.

And I so want BCM to make .308 rifles.

Vaporware - a common occurrence in the gun industry. My favorite last year was the Leupold Deltapoint 2. Introduced at SHOT, full page on their website, starting taking orders and then poof.

I'd love to see someone offer an RMR that you can change the battery w/o removing the sight.

WickedWillis
12-17-14, 18:40
Single stack Glock 9mm

HK VP40 and VP45 prototypes

HK VP9 compact information

Tons of new CZ Scorpion info

US HK416 Civilian legal with V5 lower and features

Sig 10mm

Trijicon ACOG price drops (okay that's a wish)

Eurodriver
12-17-14, 18:48
I'm so very glad it's not just me that is constantly disappointed with SHOT.

What is it with these companies that:

A) Release something and then wait years to ship?

B) Never give the consumers what they want? (Colt, Beretta, Glock...)

SOW, that post was legen....wait for it....dary!!

VIP3R 237
12-17-14, 18:54
US HK416 Civilian legal with V5 lower and features

This would really make my wife hate me.

Outlander Systems
12-17-14, 19:11
Don't forget 137.3 teeth mounts with innovative new left hand twist and super duper space age cold treatment. Nothing particularly new, but so much more expensive. Won't see an absurdly easily manufactured <$500 rifle can though...silencing is hard and a revolutionary new concept only for one company to attempt. Maybe two. Maybe.

I agree that 2015 will be chock full of new ways to fire "The Round That Time Forgot" and all .300Blk "platforms" will be marketed in other new and unproven PDW calibers that we'll be told are currently in use by units so secret and nameless that even thinking about who they are is a felony and an act of treason. MSRP on new 7.111931x24 caliber firearms pre-SBR and suppressors tax stamp (don't forget your 137.3 tooth mount!) is $49,050.

Aimpoint will release a new optic that runs in D cell batteries and is the size of a football, rocks a 21MOA reticle, but will instead increase the now LE Only sales of previous models +800%. And Hodge Defense will be there handing out free samples of "it" so that more can enter the exclusive club of those who get it.

I'm hesitant to make too many other predictions to be mildly disappointed. We can probably assume Colt will show up with PPP a display of 6920s and just assume they'll never have to innovate. KAC will unveil their new Ejection Port Cover that is identical to every other EPC but will have the small logo in the lower right and cost $600. People will buy it and never Fire their rifles for fear of causing any wear on the finish. HK will unveil a 26lb single stack chambered in .357 Sig and ships with a laminated certificate of "bragging rights" for the avid gun show commando who wears Soldier of Fortune t-shirts in XXXL but thinks the Sealous Scouts are a group of Eagle Scout troops that can't operate east of the Mississippi. Mossberg will unveil a whole lineup of neon blue guns in the spirit of the Avatar movie, just a little late to the punch in true Mossberg form.

And of course it wouldn't be a complete SHOT Show if Cold Steele didn't have their master swordsmaster waddle out and try to slice some napkins in half. HALF!

Dude, this is one of the best posts ever written on the Internet.

Jellybean
12-17-14, 23:43
Shot Show 2015 - Your predictions of what we'll see

A lot of old ways being touted as new ways to do (or re-do) things that are already being done perfectly well.

Probably some new Surefire light with a 10,000 lumen output and 5 minute runtime.
Some newfangled precision rifle that everyone will be drooling over until there's an outbreak of common sense as people realize they could simply buy an AI/GAP/Etc. for a third of the price.
Yet another stupid stock for the Mosin.
More ARs that despite the fancy furniture are still just plain ol' ARs and not worth the extra money, most likely mixed with a bunch of "modern sporting rifle" buzzword bullshit.
A set of completely redesigned and improved Keltec RFB's in .308 and 5.56 with USGI and Pmag compatibility.
Oh, wait... :rolleyes:

Moose-Knuckle
12-18-14, 00:50
Probably some new Surefire light with a 10,000 lumen output and 5 minute runtime.

This was already leaked a few weeks back . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o04UqY84uZU

jpmuscle
12-18-14, 01:22
Dude, this is one of the best posts ever written on the Internet.

I concur.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/0f/0ff49113f737f6725161e579f345863f0a8b6d82d260aca7a3726c18b760b024.jpg

Steve
12-18-14, 14:26
RSR carts in a different color

Shao
12-18-14, 15:29
Taurus Judge semi-auto

Heizer Defense .308

Kel-Tec PMR-60 sixty round capacity quadruple stack .22 short

Belt-fed carbon fiber receiver Mossberg shotgun

Glock full-auto integrally silenced .22 LR pocket pistol

Translucent AR furniture

New Soft-Touch micro-fiber inlayed handguns and rifles

A change from the official color of the zombie apocalypse from neon green to chartreuse

A new line of Hogue AR-15s with the stock and grip machined into the lower

Solid gold Hogue AR-15 furniture

The advent of another 5.56 replacement round

TAZ
12-18-14, 15:40
As much as I laugh and agree with the above hyperbole I'm still going to hog all the bandwidth in my neighborhood downloading SMGlee's pics and vids. I just can't help it.