PDA

View Full Version : Pride & Fowler 33mm Red Dot mounting options

LettersFromEarth
06-28-08, 01:29
Folks,
I have the 33mm red dot optic put out by Pride/Fowler. Its done a few tours with me to the Mid East and is doing well--heck-- better than "well"...its a good optic that doesnt get the press it should.
Now, after two deployments the rings that came with it are shot and i would like to consider something to replace them with and being that its a 33mm tube my options are limited and I dont want the same type of rings it came with as they were too low and a bit fragile.
P/F's website shows pic of their optic using a taller one ring mount but my last contact with same said they were out of stock...but that was some months ago.
Any suggestions?

chad
06-28-08, 19:38
Folks,
I have the 33mm red dot optic put out by Pride/Fowler. Its done a few tours with me to the Mid East and is doing well--heck-- better than "well"...its a good optic that doesnt get the press it should.
Now, after two deployments the rings that came with it are shot and i would like to consider something to replace them with and being that its a 33mm tube my options are limited and I dont want the same type of rings it came with as they were too low and a bit fragile.
P/F's website shows pic of their optic using a taller one ring mount but my last contact with same said they were out of stock...but that was some months ago.
Any suggestions?

Yea, email me contact info and I will send you our new one, free.

Chad
PFI
cdrayer ''at'' rapidreticle.com

davemcdonald
06-28-08, 19:57
Always take "yes" and "free" for an answer. My buddy has one of the P-F compact LED sights on his MP5 and it does really well. I'm glad to see that P-F scopes can take some abuse and still give good service.

Dave

Jerm
06-28-08, 23:02
havent used any PF products yet,but this isnt the first time ive seen them treating their customers well(above and beyond).

thmpr
06-28-08, 23:21
Based on this thread, I will pick up their red dot set up for my AR.

LettersFromEarth
06-29-08, 03:23
I've been a fan of their (P/F) optics and the company itself for a while now. They have treated me with kindness and consideration more than once I have to say. Their red dot went "down range" with me as a back up optic but do to the fact it has an 'auto' (illum) mode I found myself using it more than my M68--it just handled the desert sun a little bit better for my needs. Add to the fact that it could take 12hrs in a Hummer on MFT better than I could may also add fuel to its fire. My only "bolo" for it would have to be the batt type it uses--CR 2032. Not exactly a "stocking item" at either the PX/BX or the local Hajji-Mart but I knew this going in and I had it covered. Now if the big name after market mount companies would just take a look.... Thank you for reading. Out.

Farrelljt
07-01-08, 08:57
I ordered one of the PF optics for my LMT, and have been pretty impressed with it. It will see its first class this weekend. I would suggest ordering the high mount from them. I found that the lower mount that came with it were a little low.

LettersFromEarth
07-02-08, 21:00
I ordered one of the PF optics for my LMT, and have been pretty impressed with it. It will see its first class this weekend. I would suggest ordering the high mount from them. I found that the lower mount that came with it were a little low.

Glad to hear that your also a "member of the club" so to speak. Please post an After Action Report of your time with the PF in class and if pix were taken that would be a welcome bonus.

BtW--what type of mount do you run with your PF optic? There is one type thats displayed on the Rapid Reticle website and Ive seen some photos of a Trooper in Iraq with a different set up and, IIRC, he was I.D.'d as being with a Guard unit out of Alaska.

Farrelljt
07-07-08, 08:44
The mount that I am using is the "high mount." I had to order it directly from PF, as I couldn't seem to find it anywhere on its own. The optic held up very well this weekend. The only issue I had was a self-induced one. Apparently, I had forgotten to use blue loctite on the screws when I put the optic in the mount, and they worked a little loose. I had a set of hexes with me, so it ended up not being a problem. It held zero all afternoon long, and performed well. Nothing but good things from my end.

LettersFromEarth
07-07-08, 10:41
Glad the PF is working out for you. It is a good optic that just needs to be advertised a bit better. I do think the people who go "hot" with one will pass on the good word but PF needs to get more involved in making a name for it.
Having Chad monitor and post on this site is a good start and now that EoTech has recently been taking a hit with their QC it could be a perfect time to get the word out on their stuff.

Farrelljt
07-07-08, 17:40
I actually got turned on to the PF through Chad on another site. He helped me to get the high mount for it. I have to say that the people in the office were great when I called to order the mount. Chad told me he would let them know I was calling, and when I called, they told me that he had told them to be on the lookout. I might be trying another of their optics here in the near future.

jasonb
07-11-08, 20:23
Pride&Fowler's site is down, anyone have a pic they can share?

chad
07-11-08, 21:10
Pride&Fowler's site is down, anyone have a pic they can share?

Seems to be working fine.

Pride Fowler (http://www.rapidreticle.com/sopsauto.htm)

Send me a pm if you want better/more photos.

Chad

jasonb
07-11-08, 23:02
That's really wierd. When I googled it, the website wouldn't work. Thanks.

LettersFromEarth
07-15-08, 19:46
Okay, Chad made good and I got the new mount yesterday. I wont be able to get it up and running for a couple of days, though as I gotta "honey do" list that needs a dent put in it ASAP. As soon as I can I'll get a few pix of same and get 'em posted. Thanks again, Chad and the entire PF team as well.

Farrelljt
07-20-08, 21:08
Thought I would post some pics of my PF Spec Ops Auto mounted on the LMT custom that I got from Grant.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee129/farrelljt/DSC03428.jpg
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee129/farrelljt/DSC03435.jpg
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee129/farrelljt/DSC03430.jpg
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee129/farrelljt/DSC03432.jpg