PDA

View Full Version : Magpul M93B

Dave L.
06-28-08, 08:07
Anyone know if these are still on anyone's shelves? I know Magpul's website says "discontinued", but I would really like to see them bring it back.

rob_s
06-28-08, 08:39
Anyone know if these are still on anyone's shelves? I know Magpul's website says "discontinued", but I would really like to see them bring it back.

As I understand it, and from owning one I believe it, they are EXTREMELY cost-prohibitive to manufacture. They were a very complicated device and I don't see any way they could have made any money on them when they were selling them. They were also very heavy for what they were.

I'm glad they made them, as they laid the groundwork for the CTR and UBR and such today, but I don't think they'll be returning. You might find a used one from time to time and should jump on them then if you do.

C4IGrant
06-28-08, 08:43
I don't think so, but I have a personally owned FDE M93B, I will sell you. ;)

C4

Severian
06-28-08, 12:41
blank

Cold Zero
06-28-08, 13:05
I occasionally see them listed on eBay, usually for a very hefty price. I'd get the UBR.

For around how much?:confused:

Dave L.
06-28-08, 13:13
I occasionally see them listed on eBay, usually for a very hefty price. I'd get the UBR.

I've got a UBR and a CTR. I just like them for some odd reason.

ZDL
06-28-08, 13:28
A little off topic. How do I get a hard copy of magpul's catalog. I didn't see an option on their site.

Dave L.
06-28-08, 13:34
A little off topic. How do I get a hard copy of magpul's catalog. I didn't see an option on their site.

No idea. You could call Monday and ask- they are usually pretty cool about that type of stuff.

davemcdonald
06-28-08, 13:51
I think that Ebay and the second hand market is your best bet. A good many of the Magpul 93s that were sold to military units have already been replaced. They were too heavy many end users and too expensive to produce. One of the reasons that Magpul was able to climb to the top is because of their forward thinking. If they feel that their product is not the best then they keep working on it hence the UBR.
Good luck in your search.

and good luck in finding a hard copy catalog. I heard that a new version was produced since SHOT but I haven't seen it.

Dave

ZDL
06-28-08, 13:54
I think that Ebay and the second hand market is your best bet. A good many of the Magpul 93s that were sold to military units have already been replaced. They were too heavy many end users and too expensive to produce. One of the reasons that Magpul was able to climb to the top is because of their forward thinking. If they feel that their product is not the best then they keep working on it hence the UBR.
Good luck in your search.

and good luck in finding a hard copy catalog. I heard that a new version was produced since SHOT but I haven't seen it.

Dave

I've seen the PDF for 2008 if that's what you are talking about. Normally sites have a "send me a catalog" button. Maybe magpul doesn't do this? No big deal just wondering. I will call Monday like mentioned above and let everyone know that cares.

Cold Zero
06-28-08, 15:40

What color are you looking for?....;)

Dave L.
06-28-08, 17:08
What color are you looking for?....;)

OD, but not sure if they ever made them in that color- FDE wouldn't be bad for a future (retro :eek: ) build...

Cold Zero
06-28-08, 17:15
I have a personally owned FDE M93B, I will sell you. ;)

C4

Dave: If FDE is your pleasure, see Grant for his. I don't recall ever seeing an O.D. one? You can email Magpul and ask if they ever made one.

Dave L.
06-28-08, 17:20
Dave: If FDE is your pleasure, see Grant for his. I don't recall ever seeing an O.D. one? You can email Magpul and ask if they ever made one.

Ya, black and FDE are all I have ever seen. I'll probably just wait for the UBR to come out in OD.
Thanks for the info,
Dave

baffle Stack
06-28-08, 20:48
They made od :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/cybin/AntsM4.jpg

It may not be the newest wizbang stock but it's still one of the better ones out there

Heavy Metal
06-28-08, 21:57
Mine are OD.

ZDL
07-02-08, 18:26
I've seen the PDF for 2008 if that's what you are talking about. Normally sites have a "send me a catalog" button. Maybe magpul doesn't do this? No big deal just wondering. I will call Monday like mentioned above and let everyone know that cares.

Email and you shall receive.

Amanda emailed me back and said she was putting one in the mail for me. Good people.

Stickman
07-02-08, 19:08
I heard that a new version was produced since SHOT but I haven't seen it.

Dave

Dave,

Yes, a new one was recently completed.

wicked_police
07-02-08, 19:12
I've got an OD green one on my 6920 that will be for sale in the near future.

I'd love to get a UBR, but they're pretty scarce in Canada.... :(

Stickman
07-02-08, 19:15
I've got an OD green one on my 6920 that will be for sale in the near future.

I'd love to get a UBR, but they're pretty scarce in Canada.... :(

The UBRs are pretty scarce down in the states as well right now.

wicked_police
07-02-08, 20:07
The UBRs are pretty scarce down in the states as well right now.

Crap.

If that's the case, I REALLY need one now! :p

jasonb
07-03-08, 23:49
It may be a typo, but Bravo Company has them listed in their magazine ads for $185.

boltcatch
07-04-08, 03:30
Magpul is, as we all know, a great company that stands behind their products without reservation.

That said, I would not put an M93 of any flavor on any of my weapons. Hand me your M93 equipped weapon, and chances are I can probably hand it back to you in more than one piece in about 10 seconds. It's not likely to happen in any sort of *normal* use, or even abuse, but once is enough for me.

baffle Stack
07-04-08, 13:05
Magpul is, as we all know, a great company that stands behind their products without reservation.

That said, I would not put an M93 of any flavor on any of my weapons. Hand me your M93 equipped weapon, and chances are I can probably hand it back to you in more than one piece in about 10 seconds. It's not likely to happen in any sort of *normal* use, or even abuse, but once is enough for me.

:rolleyes: Do tell...
How the hell does someone break this thing.

boltcatch
07-09-08, 02:05
Being careful (obviously) not to point the weapon at yourself (or to whack yourself in the face later), put the butt on the ground with your foot over the tailpiece. Pull upwards on the weapon.

wahoo95
07-09-08, 07:52
Keep your eyes on the EE at TOS and you an get them. Just check it everyday as they typically sell less than 10 minutes after posting!!!

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=119&t=561110

Buckaroo
07-09-08, 09:13
I use this when I am looking for something. I have the link bookmarked and can go there for the latest and greatest listings.

http://www.elitedealseeker.com/?category=gunstuff

jasonb
07-09-08, 22:33
Here's one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/magpul-m93b-rifle-stock_W0QQitemZ200237956592QQihZ010QQcategoryZ73949QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Not mine, just wanted to pass it along.

wahoo95
07-10-08, 22:32
There's an OD Green one listed for sale in the EE of TOS now..better jump on it fast!

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=119&t=561926

REM
07-10-08, 23:26
I saw a new one for sale at the Impact Guns store in Boise over the last weekend. Didn't catch the price.

caporider
07-11-08, 08:39
Mine for sale here:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=16676

ZDL
07-15-08, 15:29

Got the catalog. Thanks magpul.

No.6
07-15-08, 16:09
I've got, I think, about 6~7 of them in black, FDE (coyote) and OD green that I'm just about ready to turn loose of. Some are new, never mounted and some are mounted once and removed. Strike plates, HK sling adapters and probably some other odds and ends related to them too.

bandit3575
08-14-08, 09:38
Mine for sale here:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=16676

i would like to know if the m93b is still for sale a give a email back if its or not
at bandit3575@yahoo.com thank you

bandit3575
08-14-08, 09:39
I've got, I think, about 6~7 of them in black, FDE (coyote) and OD green that I'm just about ready to turn loose of. Some are new, never mounted and some are mounted once and removed. Strike plates, HK sling adapters and probably some other odds and ends related to them too.

is the magpul m93b still avaible forsale from u sir i lould like to know and thank you u can email me at bandit3575@yahoo.com thank you