PDA

View Full Version : X300V vs X300V-A?

Joethe33
12-20-14, 19:29
These two seem like they're the same but look a little different (One says -A the other is just V. You can see the differences below.

Is one an older model? I'm not too familiar.
http://i.imgur.com/EWGZBxS.jpg VS http://i.imgur.com/yRXoLUk.jpg

Also, does anyone own this light? I had lost my 170 lumen X300 and wanted a replacement.

Thanks

Kain
12-20-14, 19:33
No real experience with the 300V, but from my understanding it is white light and IR. Unless you are running nods and need IR illumination why not just go with teh X300U? Yes, it is quite a bit more than 170 lumens, but owning both the X300 and X300U, I sort of prefer the X300U for most things. Also, if you are going to the V you are going to need the Holster that works with the U anyway from the looks of it. Otherwise, post an add up on EE am sure that you can find a X300 for reasonable from a member looking to upgrade.

Joethe33
12-20-14, 19:37
No real experience with the 300V, but from my understanding it is white light and IR. Unless you are running nods and need IR illumination why not just go with teh X300U? Yes, it is quite a bit more than 170 lumens, but owning both the X300 and X300U, I sort of prefer the X300U for most things. Also, if you are going to the V you are going to need the Holster that works with the U anyway from the looks of it. Otherwise, post an add up on EE am sure that you can find a X300 for reasonable from a member looking to upgrade.

Correct. I use NVG goggles and this is to use as a light on my side arm. I was also told that some of my X300 holsters will work with this light. I'm more concerned about the X300V-A that I found on a reputable website, and it's differences between the other X300V I see everywhere else. Was the -A an earlier version? I really can't find any info anywhere.

Kain
12-20-14, 19:44
Correct. I use NVG goggles and this is to use as a light on my side arm. I was also told that some of my X300 holsters will work with this light. I'm more concerned about the X300V-A that I found on a reputable website, and it's differences between the other X300V I see everywhere else. Was the -A an earlier version? I really can't find any info anywhere.

In that case.... Seeing that the Surefire's sight lists the X300V and no V-A and the V has the knurling on the front I would imagine that the V-A would be the older generation. I would email Surefire just to be sure though, but seeing that Surefire rarely lists old product lines for long I would feel safe that the V is the newest model.

As far as holster, going from the X300 to the X 300U some will fit, some won't, some will but be very, very tight. Depends.

patriot_man
12-28-14, 02:47
There is only one X300V out in the market right now.

The top one was an old design from the initial press release or catalog.