PDA

View Full Version : First eotech how to sight in?

ShooterJD
12-21-14, 06:19
I just picked up a EXPS2-0 and G33 magnifier. My question is do I sight it in using the magnifier or just the Eotech by itself. Any info is greatly appreciated .Thanks, ShooterJD

Ryno12
12-21-14, 06:30
I always use my magnifier when zeroing my EOTechs.

wilmaya
12-21-14, 06:32
Not that I will be giving you correct answer but the end result should be the same. Once you are close the magnifier will help with your distance so the magnifier is best.

CatSnipah
12-21-14, 06:48
Well, I tend to do the optic by itself first, but I also start with a laser bore sight, so I'm not punching paper as my first step.

Get that sighted, flip over the magnifier to check the combo, fire 1-2 groups to validate, then repeat if necessary.

WS6
12-21-14, 11:42
According to the manual that came with your G33, you are to zero the optic with the magnifier.

T-Dot
12-26-14, 15:09
For what it's worth (I don't have a magnifier), I find that you can pretty easily get on paper by matching the EOTech with your back-up irons right off the bat. From there, you should be a few clicks of windage and elevation to perfection. I imagine then you could verify zero with magnification. That's how I would crack it, anyhow.

Digital_Damage
12-26-14, 15:41
download this
http://www.eotechinc.com/sites/default/files/client/EOTech%20Live%20Fire%20Target.pdf
Follow instructions use the magnifier if you need to.