PDA

View Full Version : Tango Down PR-4 Sling Mount Good?

watchluvr4ever
06-28-08, 14:42
Just wondering what the opinions are on this mount. I just received a Daniel Defense EZ mount and I can't install it because it requires it to be mounted in the slot in the threads of the buffer tube and there is none exposed to mount it!?! I tried reinstalling my tube and no matter how I do it there is not enough slot exposed to mount it. I don't know what the heck is wrong. :confused: My buffer tube is LMT on a LMT lower.

Anyway how about that PR-4 mount??? Thanks!

Pinnacle
06-28-08, 15:07
That can happen pretty easily with the DD mount. I have two of them installed on VLTOR tubes with no issues if you decide to keep it.

The TangoDown mount that you asked about is fantastic. You'd have a hard time finding somebody with a bad word to say about it. It goes on easily with no modification and is very durable.

Another option that you've probably not heard of is Tactical Link's Z-360 mount. I am probably going to pick up one of these for my next build to try out. You can find more info about it at:

http://www.tacticallink.com/

watchluvr4ever
06-28-08, 16:20
That can happen pretty easily with the DD mount. I have two of them installed on VLTOR tubes with no issues if you decide to keep it.

The TangoDown mount that you asked about is fantastic. You'd have a hard time finding somebody with a bad word to say about it. It goes on easily with no modification and is very durable.

Another option that you've probably not heard of is Tactical Link's Z-360 mount. I am probably going to pick up one of these for my next build to try out. You can find more info about it at:

http://www.tacticallink.com/

Great, I think I'll order a PR-4 mount and send this DD one back. I really wish there was some way to make it fit. I'm not too happy about that!

Pinnacle
06-28-08, 16:29
Yeah, it sucks when you buy a piece of equipment or part and it doesn't fit. I have a TangoDown sling mount for an A2 fixed stock (PR-16) that I cannot use because it won't play nice with the gas buster charging handle by PRI. I like the gas buster a lot on suppressed SPR rifles so I'm doing my damnedest to sell it.

Good luck with your next effort. The TangoDown PR-4 unit will not disappoint.

watchluvr4ever
06-28-08, 16:39
Yeah, it sucks when you buy a piece of equipment or part and it doesn't fit. I have a TangoDown sling mount for an A2 fixed stock (PR-16) that I cannot use because it won't play nice with the gas buster charging handle by PRI. I like the gas buster a lot on suppressed SPR rifles so I'm doing my damnedest to sell it.

Good luck with your next effort. The TangoDown PR-4 unit will not disappoint.

Yes it does suck! Hopefully I have better experience with the PR-4 mount. Thank you!