PDA

View Full Version : Walther CCP review. Not mine, but link to it.

1_click_off
12-22-14, 05:47
http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/walther-ccp-new-gun-review/

I like the concept of the action.

Big A
12-22-14, 10:27
An interesting pistol but I can't figure out why a gun that size is a single stack...

nate89
12-22-14, 12:20
I'm still wanting to see videos of the gun actually being shot. It's been quite a while since it was announced--where are the live fire videos?

CanineCombatives
12-22-14, 17:56
P320 subcompact arrives next month, that cancels this and the new FNS out for me.

mrvip27
12-22-14, 22:19
On Walther forums, there are new production pieces with major tooling marks,etc. NOT impressed. Heard it shoots accurately though.

2 separate firearms:

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/attachments/ccp/14951d1419173554-comparing-ccp-competitors-image.jpg

ralph
12-23-14, 10:32
Meh, after being a early adopter of the PPQ, only to see Walther announce a year later that a button mag release model would be the new U.S. only model, with mags that don't interchange, only to backpedal a couple weeks later because of the backlash. I've pretty much decided that Walther is too flakey of a company to take seriously. I got rid of my PPQ, and moved on. It seems as if they(Walther) are throwing shit on the wall, and seeing what sticks.. But whatever, it's not my money..

Fishbed77
12-30-14, 16:17
On Walther forums, there are new production pieces with major tooling marks,etc. NOT impressed. Heard it shoots accurately though.

The CCP is an Umarex-made gun manufactured at the Umarex factory in Arnsberg (near Cologne). It's not a real Walther (like the PPQ, P99, or PPS), which are made at the Walther factory in Ulm.

That makes it an automatic fail.

Umarex makes airsoft toys and cheap potmetal rimfires. This is their first foray into defensive pistols, aside from the very unimpressive PK380 (an overweight, unreliable .380 pistol wraught with poor design choices).

FYI - many Umarex-produced firearms have "Walther/Ulm" or "Carl Walther Ulm/Do" or something to that affect printed on them. This means nothing, since Umarex owns Walther and can print anything they like on the pistols for marketing purposes.

The CCP is manufactured by Umarex in Arnsberg. The "shield with three crown" proofmark of the Cologne proof house (Arnsberg is a suburb of Cologne) on the CCP proves this. All firearms produced by Walther in Ulm (such as the P99, PPQ, PPX, and PPS) carry the Ulm "staghorn" proofmark.

Anyway, if you need more proof (than the proofmarks!) in this thread at waltherforums.com a Walther employee confirms the CCP is made by Umarex at Arnsberg:

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/c...er-ccp-10.html

So it is impossible to compare the quality of these guns to true Walthers.

mrvip27
12-30-14, 16:44
The CCP is an Umarex-made gun manufactured at the Umarex factory in Arnsberg (near Cologne). It's not a real Walther (like the PPQ, P99, or PPS), which are made at the Walther factory in Ulm.

That makes it an automatic fail.

Umarex makes airsoft toys and cheap potmetal rimfires. This is their first foray into defensive pistols, aside from the very unimpressive PK380 (an overweight, unreliable .380 pistol wraught with poor design choices).

FYI - many Umarex-produced firearms have "Walther/Ulm" or "Carl Walther Ulm/Do" or something to that affect printed on them. This means nothing, since Umarex owns Walther and can print anything they like on the pistols for marketing purposes.

The CCP is manufactured by Umarex in Arnsberg. The "shield with three crown" proofmark of the Cologne proof house (Arnsberg is a suburb of Cologne) on the CCP proves this. All firearms produced by Walther in Ulm (such as the P99, PPQ, PPX, and PPS) carry the Ulm "staghorn" proofmark.

Anyway, if you need more proof (than the proofmarks!) in this thread at waltherforums.com a Walther employee confirms the CCP is made by Umarex at Arnsberg:

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/c...er-ccp-10.html

So it is impossible to compare the quality of these guns to true Walthers.

Oh I know, I am totally aware. Just showing the proof in the production pistols!

Toecheese
12-30-14, 19:18
An interesting pistol but I can't figure out why a gun that size is a single stack...

You're kidding right? The CCP was designed to go directly at the M&P Shield, XDs, Beretta Nano, and Ruger LC9 which of course, are all single stack! This design as been tried before and failed, but perhaps Walther can make it work.

Warg
12-31-14, 00:54
You're kidding right? The CCP was designed to go directly at the M&P Shield, XDs, Beretta Nano, and Ruger LC9 which of course, are all single stack! This design as been tried before and failed, but perhaps Walther can make it work.

I think his point was that the CCP is large for a single stack. Its longer, taller and wider than other single stack 9s such as the PPS, XD-S, Shield, Nano, P938 and LC-9. In fact, it's identical in length and width as the double stack G26, but taller.

I'm not sure what you're referring to regarding tried and failed. Do you mean single stack 9s in general or gas-delayed blowback single stack 9s? If the latter, I certainly wouldn't describe the P7s or P7M8s as failures.

Toecheese
12-31-14, 21:26
I think his point was that the CCP is large for a single stack. Its longer, taller and wider than other single stack 9s such as the PPS, XD-S, Shield, Nano, P938 and LC-9. In fact, it's identical in length and width as the double stack G26, but taller.

I'm not sure what you're referring to regarding tried and failed. Do you mean single stack 9s in general or gas-delayed blowback single stack 9s? If the latter, I certainly wouldn't describe the P7s or P7M8s as failures.

Yes the technology....how many manufacturers are utilizing similar technology and piston/cylinder recoil?

The CCP compared to the PPS, XD, Nano etc. is only mm larger in size and weight (roughly 2 oz in weight, and only .4 oz more than the Glock). The G26 with a double stack only holds two more rounds.......and I'm sure there are some limitations because of the fixed barrel on the lower, but with a 5.5 lbs. trigger pull and reduced recoil, this might be interesting. Not sure what the argument is here.....the CCP was designed to go against these other pistols in the compact market.

Pilot1
01-01-15, 08:07
I like the concept as I often carry an HK P7. So a lighter, more compact, single stack gas delayed blowback is attractive to me. I'd like to see one in person, and shoot one if possible. I am NOT a fan of anything Umarex though, so the CCP has a strike against it even before I see one. It also does seem larger than the PPS, and Shield which I think are two of the better sub compact 9MM's out there along with the Sig P938.

I do see one benefit of this pistol. Due to the gas delayed blowback, the recoil spring is reported to be lighter, and the pistol has a slide that is easier to rack than some others. For women, and some people with arthritis, this may be a good alternative to a revolver.

jstalford
01-01-15, 11:24
It's taller than a G19 and just as wide. I don't get the point of it.

Big A
01-01-15, 12:59

You're kidding, right?

Walther CCP: L 6.41"/ W 1.18"/ H5.12"

S&W Shield: L 6.1"/ H 4.6"/ W .95"

It's taller than a G19 and just as wide. I don't get the point of it.

^This.

RHINOWSO
01-01-15, 14:04
I see the CCP as marketed to new CCWs who won't hit the range much, as well as older / weaker people with diminished hand strength.

Aka, larger / more ergonomic grip than its competition, easy to cycle the slide, unnecessary manual safety, touted "low recoil", easy to change sights.

Basically someone who will buy it, shoot it a handful of times, then stuff it in the sock drawer for years.

In it's size class, I see the PPS, Shield, and LC9S Pro as far superior single stand CCW options.

mig1nc
01-01-15, 16:02
To be fair, the PPS size quoted is not with the 8rd mag. The PPS with an 8rd mag is actually taller than a CCP with the 8rd mag (the only mag for it so far).

But yeah... I agree with everything said so far.

Will have to see how it shakes out.

Still loving my PPQ.

Dirtyboy333
01-03-15, 14:13
Did I miss it or did the writer not even mention HK once when talking about the gas system.

montrala
01-04-15, 07:48
You did not miss anything. Everybody knows, that Walther invented this type of gas system. Exactly like they invented paddle magazine release. :/