PDA

View Full Version : Machine Gun America Now Open

CLHC
12-22-14, 14:38
Just saw this in the news today:

Orlando Sentinel (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/os-machine-gun-america-opens-20141221-story.html)

MSN News
(http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/offbeat/machine-gun-america-attraction-opening-in-florida/ar-BBh6J1i?ocid=mailsignout)

SteyrAUG
12-22-14, 16:03
Looks like they are doing things responsibly.

cbx
12-22-14, 16:14
Nice. I've never met a person who has shot an automatic say "well that sucked"

Good times.

Caduceus
12-22-14, 20:46

Good times.

It sucked when I had a "familiarization" with the M-240, -249 and -2.

Well, only getting 20 rounds was the part that sucked.

SeriousStudent
12-22-14, 21:51

Good times.

As opposed to cleaning or carrying them heavy beyotches any great distance.

JusticeM4
12-23-14, 05:01
Its an interesting business for sure, but quite overpriced. I believe shooting a Select Fire weapon starts at $99?

you also cannot bring your own guns to shoot. A big turn-off for locals. But I guess this is aimed at Tourists with money to burn (no pun intended).

I may just check it out sometime to see the facility.

Caduceus
12-23-14, 05:33
As opposed to cleaning or carrying them heavy beyotches any great distance.

yeah, I always felt bad for those guys. We had our motor pool "re-surfaced" when deployed, basically new rocks were thrown down, around softball size to just under soccer-ball size. People were rolling ankles left and right for about 2 weeks until the MRAPs and other trucks broke them up a bit.

Anyway, we had about 5 pairs of crutches at the BAS. Realized really quickly that A) we needed a LOT more crutches, and B) a guy with a -249 couldn't easily carry his weapon and manipulate crutches.

Unfortunately lots of ace wraps and "keep the boot tight" and suck it up for those guys. One of the examples of .mil medicine falling short for the troops.

murphman
12-23-14, 07:18
Yeah there is a pretty modern range that you can rent full auto's in Houston, was there once when a couple guys rented a .50 for $500 and the experience lasted 30 minutes. I would do $500 for 30 minutes on a .50 if I was out on some property shooting cars in shyt, not shredding paper at 20 yards.

nova3930
12-23-14, 09:31

Good times.

The only thing that sucks about FA is the ammo cost. Can burn through thousands of bucks in ammo far too quickly. lol

skydivr
12-23-14, 09:38
I'm not sure letting just any 13 year old that wants to walk in with his/her parents to shoot is such a good idea unless there are instructors hands on the weapon the entire time....

Renegade
12-23-14, 11:08
Nierenberg also expects a lot of international visitors, like Sergio and Lucia Armelin of Sao Paulo, Brazil — drawn in part by the vast differences is gun laws. "In Brazil, you cannot shoot like that," Sergio Armelin said. "You cannot have these kinds of machines. It's very different.

She said business was "crazy busy" there, with visitors from the U.S., Europe and elsewhere eager to try out the firearms.

Amazing to me you can put together a business plan, invest that much money, and not know it is illegal to allow most foreign nationals to possess firearms (922(g)).

JusticeM4
12-23-14, 12:16
Amazing to me you can put together a business plan, invest that much money, and not know it is illegal to allow most foreign nationals to possess firearms (922(g)).

There is probably a workaround to that. How are these places able to operate in Vegas and FL? i'm sure the ATF is not slacking on this and they would've been shut down right away.

I'm not sure letting just any 13 year old that wants to walk in with his/her parents to shoot is such a good idea unless there are instructors hands on the weapon the entire time....

The ad/video shows a RO with a shooter at all times. That one chick RO literally grabs that Glock18 as soon as it hits slide lock.

Irish
12-23-14, 12:21

I had friends in town from the UK and all they needed to do was show their passports indicating they were older than the required minimum age, 18 or 21 years old, I'm not sure which. They had an awesome time! :)

Renegade
12-23-14, 12:32
I had friends in town from the UK and all they needed to do was show their passports indicating they were older than the required minimum age, 18 or 21 years old, I'm not sure which. They had an awesome time! :)

No, that is not what the law says. Which is my point, folks let foreign nationals shoot all the time, but the law is quite clear and the exceptions very limited. Most FNs do not qualify. See 922g for further reading.

Irish
12-23-14, 12:36
No, that is not what the law says. Which is my point, folks let foreign nationals shoot all the time, but the law is quite clear and the exceptions very limited. Most FNs do not qualify. See 922g for further reading.

Just adding my personal experience, and corroborating what you're saying, that's all.