PDA

View Full Version : FNS compact

cwgibson
12-22-14, 18:23
I just saw this on the FN Facebook page. The FNS is a nice firearm and a compact version will be a nice addition.

http://www.fnhusa.com/l/media-center/press-releases/pr142212/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

m1a_scoutguy
12-22-14, 20:45
Outstanding !! I have been hearing rumors about it !! I'll be all over this when it finally shows up. I love my full size FNS9,this will be a great addition.

KalashniKEV
12-23-14, 10:47
I'm interested to give one of these a try.

FNS is/was the only true runner up to Glock (before the VP9) and they don't get enough attention, IMO.

My FNS9 has been great.

PatrioticDisorder
12-23-14, 11:04

FNS is/was the only true runner up to Glock (before the VP9) and they don't get enough attention, IMO.

My FNS9 has been great.

I wouldn't consider Glock undisputed king of striker fired, you also failed to mention the M&P, plenty of good options.

CanineCombatives
12-23-14, 11:48
It's gonna be a stretch for it to get traction with the P320 subcompact coming out at the same time.

Jackal556
12-23-14, 12:15

My FNS9 has been great.

I love Glocks but I would love have to a FNS 9 in my collection. I prefer the Glock 19 in terms of size so this grabs my attention!

plouffedaddy
12-23-14, 12:51
I love Glocks but I would love have to a FNS 9 in my collection. I prefer the Glock 19 in terms of size so this grabs my attention!

I'm a fan for sure; I really think it's a highly under-rated gun...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHKBPd-ssv4

On the FNS compact front; FN is supposed to be sending me one after SHOT so we'll see. If it's as reliable as the full size I think it'll be a winner.

Jackal556
12-23-14, 14:24
I'm a fan for sure; I really think it's a highly under-rated gun...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHKBPd-ssv4

On the FNS compact front; FN is supposed to be sending me one after SHOT so we'll see. If it's as reliable as the full size I think it'll be a winner.

Hey, nice to run into you on the web. I have watched your videos and nice job on them!

Serious Account
12-24-14, 20:39
Looks interesting, but I've heard a lot of negative things about the FNX and FNS. Like how they won't fire when hot or can't be detail field-striped at user level and have to be sent to an armorer for that. Maybe FN already worked out those kinks, but I'm still skeptical.

cwgibson
12-24-14, 20:58
Looks interesting, but I've heard a lot of negative things about the FNX and FNS. Like how they won't fire when hot or can't be detail field-striped at user level and have to be sent to an armorer for that. Maybe FN already worked out those kinks, but I'm still skeptical.

I believe the heat issue was specific to the .45 and has been resolved.

KalashniKEV
12-27-14, 11:09
...you also failed to mention the M&P, plenty of good options.

No, I didn't.

M&P is still working out their kinks.

I simply don't understand the patience people have for that gun.

FNS9, however, is fantastic out of the box with no rebarrel, gutting, or rip and replace.

I am very interested to try the compact, and I hope that in the future they bring the FNP mag wells into compatibility with the FNS line.

Toecheese
12-27-14, 11:56
I wouldn't consider Glock undisputed king of striker fired, you also failed to mention the M&P, plenty of good options.

I wouldn't put the Glock the undisputed of anything.....mediocre trigger, horrible ergonomics, and perhaps the ugliest looking pistols ever made. Sure they run all day when brass isn't hitting your face (I kid), and are reliable but then again so is a Jeep Wrangler. Walther PPQ and HK VP9 are in a class by themselves in the polly game.....ask me how I know!

I believe the heat issue was specific to the .45 and has been resolved.

The only issue I know of is the magazine release on the FNX.....

Clay
12-27-14, 12:21
M&P is still working out their kinks.

I simply don't understand the patience people have for that gun.

Agree 100%. I really want to love those things. American made, good ergonomics, but I've had the worst luck with them.

I would love to see the FNS really take off and get some serious traction in the marketplace. So far, IMHO, nothing compares to the Glock as far as availability, support, aftermarket, holsters, etc...

cwgibson
12-27-14, 14:36
I wouldn't put the Glock the undisputed of anything.....mediocre trigger, horrible ergonomics, and perhaps the ugliest looking pistols ever made. Sure they run all day when brass isn't hitting your face (I kid), and are reliable but then again so is a Jeep Wrangler. Walther PPQ and HK VP9 are in a class by themselves in the polly game.....ask me how I know!

The only issue I know of is the magazine release on the FNX.....

Here are some of the issues that have been reported.

http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-fnx/27656-fixed-problems-fnx.html

Toecheese
12-27-14, 18:59
Thank you for the link.

cwgibson
01-04-15, 10:56
http://www.fnhusa.com/l/products/handguns/fns-series/

sport15
01-04-15, 11:34
FNS UNDER RATED. I currently have two- black and stainless slides. Between the both, in the first year fired over 6k rounds without issue. Great platform and use as EDC WITH an OF IWB holster. Definitely not a lot attention, but, a solid pistol. Here at the ranch, the wife has a Glock-19 Gen4.

Which ever you end up with, train hard and be safe!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RHINOWSO
01-04-15, 13:14
FNH Rifles? Yes please
FNH Handguns? Meh.

DWood
01-05-15, 06:52
http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/fns-compact-9mm

Leonidas24
01-05-15, 10:47
http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/fns-compact-9mm

The photos for that article were actually taken at my shop's outdoor range that we do all our training classes. The guy in the brown beanie is our lead instructor Daniel. I've gotten a hold of both guns that were written about and both feel awesome. I'm going to try to borrow both to take out this next Sunday.

Gary1911A1
01-05-15, 11:04
Mine is good and I like the more aggressive grip compared to other polymer pistols. It look like they will be offering it with and without thumb safeties. Hope FN does well with them.

cwgibson
01-05-15, 12:14
The photos for that article were actually taken at my shop's outdoor range that we do all our training classes. The guy in the brown beanie is our lead instructor Daniel. I've gotten a hold of both guns that were written about and both feel awesome. I'm going to try to borrow both to take out this next Sunday.

Be sure to give us some feedback.

WickedWillis
01-05-15, 15:26
I am definitely interested. Seems a little large for EDC IWB, but with 12+1 and 17+1 capacity mags that ship with it is fantastic. as long as it's not incredibly larger than the Glock 26.

richiecotite
01-06-15, 20:21
Seems closer in size to the mp9c than the g26.

If I had an fns I'd consider picking this up as well. Hopefully they don't drop the platform after a few years *cough cough FNP cough*

WickedWillis
01-07-15, 11:00
Seems closer in size to the mp9c than the g26.

If I had an fns I'd consider picking this up as well. Hopefully they don't drop the platform after a few years *cough cough FNP cough*

Which is great size-wise but the M&P 9C and 40C are my least favorite models in the M&P line. I carried a 9C for awhile and just couldn't stand it.

CanineCombatives
01-08-15, 13:00
Well the P320 subcompact started shipping to distributors today, same 12/1 capacity, same compatibility with the larger mags.
That should drive the FNS subcompact prices down through the basement where the other models are.

PatrioticDisorder
01-08-15, 14:56
Which is great size-wise but the M&P 9C and 40C are my least favorite models in the M&P line. I carried a 9C for awhile and just couldn't stand it.

I love the M&P compact a hell of a lot better than the baby Glock, it's a smidge bigger but you get 2 more rounds and it's significantly easier to conceal than a compact Glock.... So we have Sig & FN following S&W's lead for their compact size, I'll call that a clue... Not faulting Glock, G26 was developed during the AWB era so it was reasonable they made it the size they did, but without dealing with an AWB; 12+1 is ideal for IWB EDC.

WickedWillis
01-08-15, 17:25
I love the M&P compact a hell of a lot better than the baby Glock, it's a smidge bigger but you get 2 more rounds and it's significantly easier to conceal than a compact Glock.... So we have Sig & FN following S&W's lead for their compact size, I'll call that a clue... Not faulting Glock, G26 was developed during the AWB era so it was reasonable they made it the size they did, but without dealing with an AWB; 12+1 is ideal for IWB EDC.

I really couldn't disagree more here. I felt the M&P was a chore to carry everyday because of the pistol's overall design. I really think they dropped the ball on their C series personally. I do carry a Shield currently everyday now, and I love that handgun.