PDA

View Full Version : Is Noveske coming out with piston?

BushmasterSOH
06-28-08, 23:59
I have a complete LMT lower and am saving for the rest of the goodies to complete it. I am wondering if Noveske is coming out with a short piston upper and would you recommend it or the LMT?

Gun-nut
06-29-08, 00:11
When I ordered my lower from them, I asked if they were planning on making a piston upper and was told that no plans were in the works.

I think it was Sherry that I was talking to. I'm really bad with names and it's been several months, so I could be wrong.

variablebinary
06-29-08, 04:36
last thing we need is yet another piston upper

rob_s
06-29-08, 07:13
I doubt it. I would theorize that their adjustable gas block coming out shortly indicates that they are pretty well married to the direct impingement.

I also happen to agree with VB.

Seth Harness
06-29-08, 08:51

Not to throw things off course but, CMMG has one out now to.

R.Miksits
06-29-08, 09:35
I doubt noveske would even consider taking the time to design a piston upper. John knows that the people who typically buy his guns, want one that works out of the box. Ive only seen one that didnt, and it was my rifle.

The piston system is not that much more reliable in any barrel length, if any more reliable.

I have 3 piston rifles too.

R.Miksits

OldNavyGuy
06-29-08, 09:50

i believe you are WRONG , we need everyone (read gun makers) with any sort of reputation producing piston uppers, competition is good, BUT..., i do not believe anyone can out do the first and the best.., which is the L-WRC design, Paul done one hell of a job in this piston design.

BushmasterSOH
06-30-08, 01:42
Thanks for the input. I am a pretty new gun guy and was led to believe that if I was going to go 10.5" w/ a can, that a piston would be more reliable.

R.Miksits
06-30-08, 01:44
I havnt tested this theory myself. However one of the best trainers in America says that a SBR with a can is one of the reasons to do a piston.

R.Miksits